Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    im challenging anyone i ever meet from this site to a fistfight

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    fishfight

I ain't talking catfish and gravy, mang

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    fishfight

And don't feel special--just today he invited me to join the two of you at the Austin Record Convention. Why these fistfights must take place in front of an audience of unwashed record dudes I do not know.

He is singlehandedly dedicated to dispelling all stereotypes of members of the actuarial professions being boring.

He is not your father's accountant.

• fishfight

oh hell yes

i would pay to post see that fish action

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

But yeah I gotta say this is a real bad look for some of you. of course you only know him through soulstrut - you only know most people through soulstrut.

Archaic is overall a good dude who just says some outlandish schitt.

He is one of the best posters on this board.

He's generally well-meaning, sticks to his principles and is intensely knowledgable about certain types of music. That's substantially more than can be said for a number of the better known SoulStrut personalities.

Plus he likes pulling more cards than a magician.

• He is singlehandedly dedicated to dispelling all stereotypes of members of the actuarial professions being boring.

Whoa. Dood is an actuary? Not just a music journalist?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    *too busy bumping that new Ryno album to give a damn about this bitch shit*

• He is singlehandedly dedicated to dispelling all stereotypes of members of the actuarial professions being boring.

Whoa. Dood is an actuary? Not just a music journalist?

Music journalist's "salary" < Home prices in Austin

Signed,
    Painfully Familiar

PS Sorry to awaken some of you pre-arrival from the wet dreams you harbor of the one HarvChaic, but he is actually quite mild mannered, polite and congenial "in the real world."

• god damn it, my fishfight image didn't load initially.

OK, now I've got a comment...

Some of you seem absolutely convinced that you know what I believe. I can tell you right now that you really don't. Just because I've read some books by fringe theorists and know enough about them to speak on them should not equate with me believing wholeheartedly in them.

What you do know is that I don't necessarily believe in certain things that many of you have so obviously bought into hook, line and sinker.

And that really doesn't sit well with you.

So you use just about every underhanded tactic in the book to have me classified as a "lunatic".

In other words, y'all trying to bash me over no particular topic at hand is more a reflection of your insecurities than anything else.

And yes, I'm generally a nice guy in person. But if you get on my bad side, as some on here have made sure to do, I will not shy away from dissing you to your face if you just so happen to step in my proximity.

This ARC, just like any others, I'm there for a few hours to buy records. To me, it's not really a social event. But by all means, if you see me there and you want to see what I'm ultimately all about, please do try and test me.

It's your move...

• And yes, I'm generally a nice guy in person. But if you get on my bad side, as some on here have made sure to do, I will not shy away from dissing you to your face if you just so happen to step in my proximity.

This ARC, just like any others, I'm there for a few hours to buy records. To me, it's not really a social event. But by all means, if you see me there and you want to see what I'm ultimately all about, please do try and test me.

It's your move...

• fishfight

hook, line and sinker

Advantage Harvey.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    OK, now I've got a comment...

Some of you seem absolutely convinced that you know what I believe. I can tell you right now that you really don't. Just because I've read some books by fringe theorists and know enough about them to speak on them should not equate with me believing wholeheartedly in them.

What you do know is that I don't necessarily believe in certain things that many of you have so obviously bought into hook, line and sinker.

So you use just about every underhanded tactic in the book to have me classified as a "lunatic".

In other words, y'all trying to bash me over no particular topic at hand is more a reflection of your insecurities than anything else.

And yes, I'm generally a nice guy in person. But if you get on my bad side, as some on here have made sure to do, I will not shy away from dissing you to your face if you just so happen to step in my proximity.

It's your move...

Dude,

this site is not to be taken that seriously and you shuold never look at the things said here as stone cold reflections of the people behind the keyboard. I got clowned a bit a while back for stating that the "guzzo character" I type as is pretty much just that, a character. Sure theres reflections of all us behind what we type but it doesn't mean that what you read is what we are.

Ask anyone on here who's met me, I'm a goofy ass stoner guy who's mor likely to laugh than ever say some some dramatic hoo-ha.

But back to the fish fight. I'm thinking we need to go American Gladiator style on top of stacks of Herb Alpert records with elongated mackerals bitchslapping the hell out of each other. Perhaps we can both have several Betas in a pouch that we can take out and ninjastar each other with.

Winner gets to call themselves the 'King of the Blowed'.

With me, there's no split personality between me and my online personality. As some have confirmed, I'm a nice guy in person...but only to those who deserve it. If you are a piece a shit, I will most definitely let you know at every turn.

Believe me, I've got all sorts of little hateurs here in town who talk mad shit about me behind my back and online. Yet whenevr I happen to see them out and I look them square in the eyes, they ain't saying shit.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Can someone plaese help to give me point of referrence as to what this "Project Blowed" is? Likening it to either Classic Rock or something in the private folk or electronica idiom would do nicely. Thanks in advance...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Can someone plaese help to give me point of referrence as to what this "Project Blowed" is? Likening it to either Classic Rock or something in the private folk or electronica idiom would do nicely. Thanks in advance...

Hip-hop branch davidians

• Captain Beefheart

Hip-hop branch davidians

Would they have been an obscure footnote in the Word or Light catalogs?

• Music journalist's "salary" < Home prices in Austin

Signed,
    Painfully Familiar

Yes sir. I live it on the daily. Just had to put new flooring in the kitchen which is cutting into my "fall record shows" stash.

• OK, now I've got a comment...

It's your move...

*blink*

• please do try and test me.
    LOCATION BATCHES

• ok, all fishfight jokes aside. have any SS beefs in history been carried out in the real world with physical brawling? i have seen harveycanel and fatback challenge people online to fight them, but has this ever really happened?

ok, all fishfight jokes aside. have any SS beefs in history been carried out in the real world with physical brawling? i have seen harveycanel and fatback challenge people online to fight them, but has this ever really happened?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

Believe me, I've got all sorts of little hateurs here in town who talk mad shit about me behind my back and online. Yet whenevr I happen to see them out and I look them square in the eyes, they ain't saying shit.
    Have you given them your physical address? Maybe some can't find you.

What do they need his address for?

He is looking them square in the eyes.

He is presenting them with a window to his soul, and they do not want to bring it.

Reynaldo gave me a wedgie, but I thought it was out of love...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

He is presenting them with a window to his soul, and they do not want to bring it.
    I meant the out-of-town little hateurs whom he hasn't seen out in the world.

I meant the out-of-town little hateurs whom he hasn't seen out in the world.

He should definitely telepathically transmit his address to them, using the same powers of clairvoyance that allow him to know when they are talking schitt about him behind his back.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    But by all means, if you see me there and you want to see what I'm ultimately all about, please do try and test me.

It's your move...
    If you dare ever come to Portland, you better be ready to back up your belifes about Big Chief being the first funk song with your fists.