Define "Tacky Funk"

124»

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I will! That record has some hot cuts on it!

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    I will! That record has some hot cuts on it!

braeks. here's my pre-emptive defense of afrodesia..

it's good. but that green cover, late 70s odonel levy is big stinkin turd.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Seriously Anthony, it is sooo insensitive of you to diss the rootz of real hip hop like that. Some of us started out with only our tacky funk and a dream. Respect the realness, dawg...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Naugahyde Funk.

Naugahyde Funk x Paul Frank

= HORRIBLE

uglydolls son that schitt anyday
    son

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Naugahyde Funk.

Naugahyde Funk x Paul Frank

[Reynaldo]You sound poor.[/Reynaldo]

• Seriously Anthony, it is sooo insensitive of you to diss the rootz of real hip hop like that. Some of us started out with only our tacky funk and a dream. Respect the realness, dawg...

im just trying to find a groove merchant title that everyone will agree is a trud. i am having a damn hard time finding it.

is there anyone here who likes red beans? speak up now or forever hold your peace.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    ...stranded on a desert island with nothing but Dennis Coffey "Sweet Taste Of Sin", and Groove Holmes "6 Million Dollar Man".

...stranded on a desert island with nothing but Dennis Coffey "Sweet Taste Of Sin", and Groove Holmes "6 Million Dollar Man".

LOL

• Seriously Anthony, it is sooo insensitive of you to diss the rootz of real hip hop like that. Some of us started out with only our tacky funk and a dream. Respect the realness, dawg...

I guess us hip-hop fans will always just be modern day cro-magnons in your eyes, people you could never fathom appreciating sensitive, thought provoking music.

Naugahyde Funk.

= HORRIBLE

uglydolls son that schitt anyday
    son

[Reynaldo]You sound poor.[/Reynaldo]

NAH HOMMIE
    WE LIVE IN 2006
    YEAR OF THE NOT SO UGLY UGLY DOLLS THAT ARE HUGGABLE
    UNLIKE THIS PLEATHER SCARY AS FUK CHILD SAFETY HAZARD THAT COSTS A GRIP
    FOR AGED SHARP EDGES

• NAH HOMMIE
    WE LIVE IN 2006
    YEAR OF THE NOT SO UGLY UGLY DOLLS THAT ARE HUGGABLE
    UNLIKE THIS PLEATHER SCARY AS FUK CHILD SAFETY HAZARD THAT COSTS A GRIP
    FOR AGED SHARP EDGES

[mel gibson]post your checking account balance or you're soft[/mel gibson]

"ATTACK THE WACK"

• Delete The Drunken Thread(s)

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Seriously Anthony, it is sooo insensitive of you to diss the rootz of real hip hop like that. Some of us started out with only our tacky funk and a dream. Respect the realness, dawg...

I guess us hip-hop fans will always just be modern day cro-magnons in your eyes, people you could never fathom appreciating sensitive, thought provoking music.

awww man, you know I just teeze'in. Besides, I thought you were more into LUTE LOOPZ anyhow?

• No, mainly solo electric lute these days.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    OK, so we've established that "tacky funk" is mediocre jazzfunk on labels like Groove Merchant and not post-'75 funk "where the singer has a nasal voice and goes "Yeowww" a lot".

So now the question is: what is the pigeonhole for this latter category?
    Oh teach me, great ones.

"Yeowww!"

• Roger rules.

I got Ohio Players "Alone" on volume 10 right now.

"THISS WAS JUSSTA SILLAAY GAAAYM GYYYYRRL"

Sugarfoot got that yeowww locked down. FOPP!

Coke funk?

LET'S LOVE

• TobiTobi 187 Posts
    I personally like Cameo and Ohio Players a lot. A lot more than "the real deep funk made between the years of 69 and March of 71 buy unknown artists".

I personally like Cameo and Ohio Players a lot. A lot more than "the real deep funk made between the years of 69 and March of 71 buy unknown artists".

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Coke funk?

Jheri-Curl juice on the keyboards FUNK.
    Foggy sungalsses at night FUNK!
    That Todd Bridges swappin spit w/ Janet Jackson FUNK!!!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    charles earland =

SORRY

gets him a pass imo

if you diss this, you diss yourself..

I love this record, and I don't care if it is/isn't considered tacky and/or tepid

I've long resigned myself to the fact that I was the only one who thought mid-70s Earland was the best (including some Mercury-era)