Justin Timberlake - FutureSexLoveSound

13»

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    thanks for posting this...overall it's a solid album.

"damn girl" holyfuckingjdavislikeamotherfuckerwilliamraersamplo!!!

WILLI AM[/b] SAYIN[/b]

I can't even try to front. This shit is

Co-signing Timberbuns and Will I Aint - I guess that means the end of the world is coming?

• anyone have the production credits for this?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Listened to the Omar album. There is some nice stuff on there, but it is a neo-soul album. Really should not be compared to a Justin Timberfake album- apples and tangelos. Bottom line, Timberland is on those Timberfake beats, hommie!!!!!!!! I'm not gonna disparage Omar, because he appears to be a legend of his genre and a very serious and talented artist and I will be checking for some of his older works (hard as it will be for me to listen to too much of that neo soul schitt). But I reiterate- Justin Timberfake "Futuresexlovesound" = ALBUM. OF. THE. YEAR. I know it's hard to accept- schitt, hard for me to accept that schitt too! It be's what it be's, though.

As always, take what i say concerning current music with a grain of Morton's. I am old, bitter and also a confirmed real schitter who is basically clueless when it comes to the little girl music of the 2006 era.

Just a quick point re. Omar. He may now be doing what is, to all intents and purposes, neo-soul but, as was correctly pointed out further up this thread, he pretty much invented that schitt. I'm fairly certain that both D'Angelo and Maxwell acknowledged him as an influence earlier on in their careers. That might have been in the UK press, though, so they could have been just playing to the gallery.

Phill, as a man who likes some grown-folks music, you ought to check out his earlier schitt. Good as his new album is, his first two albums are where he was definitely doing his own thing. At times, I kinda feel there's a bit too much of a "get in where you fit in" vibe on the new record, which is probably a result of him being so far ahead of the game when he came out in 1990.

A few things you might want to look for on soulseek or wherever;

Anything from the "Music" album, particularly the title track, and the duet with Carleen Anderson (Vicky & Bobby's lil' girl), "Who Chooses The Seasons"
    Anything from "There's Nothing Like This" - the title track is a UK soul classic, and as great a summer-in-the-park-with-your-girl/guy song as you'll ever want to hear.
    "I Should Have Known Better" by Mica Paris - he co-wrote and produced this, and it is as close to That Real Schitt as it's possible for a record without an emcee and an SP1200 on it to get.
    Any of his schitt with the criminally-neglected Vannessa Simon, especially "Family Madness", "The Life You Lead" and "Don't You Ever". If you can find her version of Don Blackman's "Holding You, Loving You", a duet with Omar which was on her unreleased second album, I think you'll be surprised how good it is.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    ALBUM. OF. THE. YEAR.

Nope. Quite a nice album, but album of the year goes to OMAR from the UK.

Whoever the fuck Omar is he better have a crazy ass album if he's toppin' THIS timberfake schitt

Omar is the real deal... I am surprised you haven't heard of him , he's been around since the early 90s. the new album has songs with Angie Stone, Common + STEVIE WONDER. His new album is called 'Sing (If You Want It)' , I think it comes out in the US/North America officially in September, but it should be available as an import, I got mine in Toronto. It is really on point.....a necessary album. The timberlake is a different style , and I have to say, I am glad someone as well known as JT is coming out with some of these tracks because they don't sound like other schit coming out right about now.

isnt omar some neo soul dude or something? im pretty sure he aint messing with this shit.

OMAR > Justin

Two different demographics - Kufi Kevin vs Becky

Omar is the father of Neo-Soul. But he was doin it before the term was coined.

Back to Justin though.

But let's take a moment to salute the brashness of Bside's logic: I've never heard of it--therefore, it can't touch this Timberlake schitt!

LOL. I heard of it. I seen that shit on dusty groove and shit, and i think ive spotted his name at the top of a few okay player threads.

Therefore logically - its probably not fucking with timbaland's new sound combined with the best song writing money can buy.

Plus, calling dude the father of Neo-Soul aint really helping your argument.

Listened to the Omar album. There is some nice stuff on there, but it is a neo-soul album. Really should not be compared to a Justin Timberfake album- apples and tangelos. Bottom line, Timberland is on those Timberfake beats, hommie!!!!!!!! I'm not gonna disparage Omar, because he appears to be a legend of his genre and a very serious and talented artist and I will be checking for some of his older works (hard as it will be for me to listen to too much of that neo soul schitt). But I reiterate- Justin Timberfake "Futuresexlovesound" = ALBUM. OF. THE. YEAR. I know it's hard to accept- schitt, hard for me to accept that schitt too! It be's what it be's, though.

As always, take what i say concerning current music with a grain of Morton's. I am old, bitter and also a confirmed real schitter who is basically clueless when it comes to the little girl music of the 2006 era.

Just a quick point re. Omar. He may now be doing what is, to all intents and purposes, neo-soul but, as was correctly pointed out further up this thread, he pretty much invented that schitt. I'm fairly certain that both D'Angelo and Maxwell acknowledged him as an influence earlier on in their careers. That might have been in the UK press, though, so they could have been just playing to the gallery.

Phill, as a man who likes some grown-folks music, you ought to check out his earlier schitt. Good as his new album is, his first two albums are where he was definitely doing his own thing. At times, I kinda feel there's a bit too much of a "get in where you fit in" vibe on the new record, which is probably a result of him being so far ahead of the game when he came out in 1990.

Anything from the "Music" album, particularly the title track, and the duet with Carleen Anderson (Vicky & Bobby's lil' girl), "Who Chooses The Seasons"
    Anything from "There's Nothing Like This" - the title track is a UK soul classic, and as great a summer-in-the-park-with-your-girl/guy song as you'll ever want to hear.
    "I Should Have Known Better" by Mica Paris - he co-wrote and produced this, and it is as close to That Real Schitt as it's possible for a record without an emcee and an SP1200 on it to get.
    Any of his schitt with the criminally-neglected Vannessa Simon, especially "Family Madness", "The Life You Lead" and "Don't You Ever". If you can find her version of Don Blackman's "Holding You, Loving You", a duet with Omar which was on her unreleased second album, I think you'll be surprised how good it is.

DAMN!!! look at all those words about omar.

LOL i aint reading all that!

anyone have the production credits for this?

i believe its will i am on that one track, and timbaland for most of it, right?

This shit is flames though. i cant even help rolling around to it in the whip. I dont care who's album it is.

• No Neptunes productions at all on the album ; pretty weird no?

No Neptunes productions at all on the album ; pretty weird no?

Not really. Those dudes are done.

This > Skateboard P

Unless the new clipse album is just crazy hot.

But Timbaland Singing > Pharell rapping anyday,

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I like this a lot. It's not too often that I'm genuinely surprised by a pop record nowadays, but there's a lot of unexpected twists and turns here - one minute it reminds me of Slave, and the next it sounds like some emo-rock/Coldplay shit with beats. Props as well for resisting the temptation just to crank out "Justified Part II" and take the money. This is going to be one of those "impossible to avoid for at least six months" albums and, for a change, the idea of that doesn't bother me at all.

• No Neptunes productions at all on the album ; pretty weird no?

Obviously. What i was aiming at was that JT / Neptunes seemed like a golden combo, they were more or less responsible for launching his solocareer, and now they're out of the picture.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Can't belive a thread has gone from discussing Timberlake to the merits of Omar! Hooray for Soulstrut.

Really enjoying the new Timberlake from what I've heard so far.

On the Omar tip, not really enjoying his new album as much as Best By Far which was a criminally slept on album, particularly To The Top and Syleste. Cosign on There's Nothing Like This as well, great album.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I haven't read this entire thread, so I hope this doesn't come out the wrong way...

OMAR

JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    its probably not fucking with timbaland's new sound combined with the best song writing money can buy.

Right, because Money = Good Songwriting. Forgot about that one.

A Iverson

yea you are right about the apple-orange analogy . I just like to listen to Omar's new album better than I like to listen to JT's . To be quite honest it is entirely a matter of taste and preference, it is pretty tough to call one of the two records 'better' than the other.

• PSellersPSellers 157 Posts
    Well I like oranges then quite a lot right now!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

YEAH!!!! THAT'S WHAT I'M TALMBOUT!!!!

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

Obviously. What i was aiming at was that JT / Neptunes seemed like a golden combo, they were more or less responsible for launching his solocareer, and now they're out of the picture.

last night i downloaded a "supposed" Timberlake/Neptunes track that was left off the album. didn't really sound like anything the Neptunes are doing right now, and i wasn't really feeling it either. i will post it up after this class is over.

Grapes are my schitt.

• TobiTobi 187 Posts
    One tracker.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Really digging the production.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Unlistenable outside of the club where one really isn't (or isn't really) listening.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Did I just download a Justin Timberlake album or a Ginuwine album?

- spidey

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

• dayday 9,611 Posts

like water

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

last night i downloaded a "supposed" Timberlake/Neptunes track that was left off the album. didn't really sound like anything the Neptunes are doing right now, and i wasn't really feeling it either. i will post it up after this class is over.

Justin Timberlake - Take Away Your Love (Produced By The Neptunes)