Justin Timberlake - FutureSexLoveSound

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    ALBUM. OF. THE. YEAR.

Nope. Quite a nice album, but album of the year goes to OMAR from the UK.

Whoever the fuck Omar is he better have a crazy ass album if he's toppin' THIS timberfake schitt

Omar is the real deal... I am surprised you haven't heard of him , he's been around since the early 90s. the new album has songs with Angie Stone, Common + STEVIE WONDER. His new album is called 'Sing (If You Want It)' , I think it comes out in the US/North America officially in September, but it should be available as an import, I got mine in Toronto. It is really on point.....a necessary album. The timberlake is a different style , and I have to say, I am glad someone as well known as JT is coming out with some of these tracks because they don't sound like other schit coming out right about now.

isnt omar some neo soul dude or something? im pretty sure he aint messing with this shit.

OMAR > Justin

Two different demographics - Kufi Kevin vs Becky

Omar is the father of Neo-Soul. But he was doin it before the term was coined.

Back to Justin though.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    ALBUM. OF. THE. YEAR.

Nope. Quite a nice album, but album of the year goes to OMAR from the UK.

Whoever the fuck Omar is he better have a crazy ass album if he's toppin' THIS timberfake schitt

Omar is the real deal... I am surprised you haven't heard of him , he's been around since the early 90s. the new album has songs with Angie Stone, Common + STEVIE WONDER. His new album is called 'Sing (If You Want It)' , I think it comes out in the US/North America officially in September, but it should be available as an import, I got mine in Toronto. It is really on point.....a necessary album. The timberlake is a different style , and I have to say, I am glad someone as well known as JT is coming out with some of these tracks because they don't sound like other schit coming out right about now.

isnt omar some neo soul dude or something? im pretty sure he aint messing with this shit.

OMAR > Justin

Two different demographics - Kufi Kevin vs Becky

Omar is the father of Neo-Soul. But he was doin it before the term was coined.

Back to Justin though.

But let's take a moment to salute the brashness of Bside's logic: I've never heard of it--therefore, it can't touch this Timberlake schitt!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Do y'all happen to be some of the same people who think that the Promiscuous Girl beat is ?

Yes.

Now what?

I don't know.

Cinch up your panty hose?

Order another Long Island Ice Tea?

You tell me.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Kufi Kevin

pics or your soft

• Do y'all happen to be some of the same people who think that the Promiscuous Girl beat is ?

Yes.

Now what?

I don't know.

Order another Long Island Ice Tea? Passion Fruit Martini[/b]

You tell me.

• I knew that your maligning of the Long Island Iced Tea would not go unnoticed by Young_Phonics.

Kufi Kevin

pics or your soft

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Do y'all happen to be some of the same people who think that the Promiscuous Girl beat is ?

Yes.

Now what?

I don't know.

You tell me.

This exchange has a kinda awkward, third-date feel to it.

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    the worst part of this album to me is JT himself... i really wish these beats were all on a new rap album

@ harvey canal: did you listen to it?... my first instinct was to not like it (i don't like sexyback), but most of the beats are pretty undeniable

Yes.

Now what?

I don't know.

You tell me.

This exchange has a kinda awkward, third-date feel to it.

On the contrary, Shiezle, with his unerring nose for such things, has identified the collective weakness of all fans of Timberlake's music: we are transvestites.

I, for one, am slain and am contemplating coming back as an alias.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Omar is the real deal... I am surprised you haven't heard of him , he's been around since the early 90s.

If he's a neo soul dude I gotta admit I probably don't know him cuz I don't like a lot of what is called neo-soul. There's some stuff that probably falls under the neo-soul umbrella that I do like, but to me doesn't have what I consider to be that patented "neo-soul sound" (an example of that would be Incognito's "If You Want My Love", which is my schitt and sounds to me more like late 70's soul than it does 90's neo-soul... just my take on it, I don't know if anybody would even understand what I'm saying here).

the new album has songs with Angie Stone, Common + STEVIE WONDER. His new album is called 'Sing (If You Want It)'

A-ight, I just illegally downloaded this schitt this morning and will listen to it today. Omar betta be BRINGIN' IT

Listened to the Omar album. There is some nice stuff on there, but it is a neo-soul album. Really should not be compared to a Justin Timberfake album- apples and tangelos. Bottom line, Timberland is on those Timberfake beats, hommie!!!!!!!! I'm not gonna disparage Omar, because he appears to be a legend of his genre and a very serious and talented artist and I will be checking for some of his older works (hard as it will be for me to listen to too much of that neo soul schitt). But I reiterate- Justin Timberfake "Futuresexlovesound" = ALBUM. OF. THE. YEAR. I know it's hard to accept- schitt, hard for me to accept that schitt too! It be's what it be's, though.

As always, take what i say concerning current music with a grain of Morton's. I am old, bitter and also a confirmed real schitter who is basically clueless when it comes to the little girl music of the 2006 era.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    PhillyPhill is killing it.

And yeah, the JT album is the best album I've heard this year. ROCK SOLID.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    as much as i hate to admit it, this shit is straight killing it. i wonder how many copies this will sell? shits like maybe 6 singles deep?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah I counted 4 at least (Sexyback, the TI jawn, the Will I Am jawn, the futuresexlovesound song)

What did "Justified" sell? Does anyone think this will outsell it, given today's climate, even if it's a better album?

• Kufi Kevin

pics or your soft

I think this dude has the best voice right now.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Hell no, I ain't listened to that bullschitt.

Yeah I counted 4 at least (Sexyback, the TI jawn, the Will I Am jawn, the futuresexlovesound song)

What did "Justified" sell? Does anyone think this will outsell it, given today's climate, even if it's a better album?

Justified went triple platinum... that's really tough to do in 2006.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Damn, yeah it sure is.

Usher went at least 6X plat in 2004, right? Y'all don't think this new Timberfake album has that kind of potential? Or has everything just changed that much in that short an amount of time due to digital downloads, illegal downloads, etc.?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Damn, 6X plat is some shit.

But to answer your question Phill, I think that this album might be the litmus test on that.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    man, i don't know but this shit definitely has potential to sell very well. white girls are going to go crazy over this shit. even timbaland reaching to them talking about sex and the city and desperate housewives

• Yeah I counted 4 at least (Sexyback, the TI jawn, the Will I Am jawn, the futuresexlovesound song)

Usher went at least 6X plat in 2004, right? Y'all don't think this new Timberfake album has that kind of potential? Or has everything just changed that much in that short an amount of time due to digital downloads, illegal downloads, etc.?

Is is just music that is aimed to "young people" that's hurting? Or are Celine Dion sales slumping as well?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    im all about love and happiness today so ima check out that omar album before hating on it.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    man, i don't know but this shit definitely has potential to sell very well. white girls are going to go crazy over this shit. even timbaland reaching to them talking about sex and the city and desperate housewives

not just that, but i think A LOT of people were slow to pick up Justafied, because dude was still saddled with the boy-band thing. I know for myself it took me hearing 3 strong singles off that album before i realized i might be missing the boat.

i think more folks are willing to accept dude this time around as a solo artist. will it sell 4x plat? prolly not, but a lot of dudes are gonna be downloading this album.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    if my love dropped in like march or april and went full-on summer jam, i could totally see this shit selling at least 4x platinum

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts

that's the same way i know project blowed sucks

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Personally I think it's a solid pop album but one that I could live with never hearing again.

After a couple of listens, this would be my stance as well. I like JT, and it's certainly OK, but not really memorable either. I'm feeling some of the slower tracks the most: "Losing My Way" and "Until The End Of Time" (83-86 era Prince b/w Ron Isley biting chorus). "Chop It Up" is nice as well.

This could be a grower, though. We'll talk again in a couple of months.

I've made a note to check that new Omar as well. I always liked him.

• thanks for posting this...overall it's a solid album.

"damn girl" holyfuckingjdavislikeamotherfuckerwilliamraersamplo!!!