Iraq Report (NRR)

Comments

• maybe he and Dr. Wu are out scribbling names of dead soldiers on the sidewalk.

• 27 days

• testing the limits of his intellectual capabilities.

I'll wait for Motown to cut and paste a serious response.

• why dont you go outside and play.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

His injuries led to the loss of his left forearm and of three fingers of his right hand, and Ty was rendered blind in his right eye. He also sustained widespread severe burns that led to the loss of his ears and much of the tissue on his face. His shattered skull was replaced by a plastic dome, and a face was constructed more or less from scratch with salvaged tissue, holes left where his ears and nose had been.[/b]

AND FOR WHAT

• We like army men when they're victims. They serve our defeatest cause.

I feel worse for you, then I do for him.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    We like army men when they're victims. They serve our defeatest cause.

I feel worse for you, then I do for him.

That's not what I'm saying at all. Not to sound cliche, but I do support the troops and understand the fundamentals of needing a military in this world.
    I'm saying it didn't need to be this way.

• Progress, Progress And More Progress
    By INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY | Posted Friday, November 16, 2007 4:20 PM PT

Winning: News from Iraq gets better by the day, but the media have done their best to downplay the turnaround and congressional Democrats have basically pulled the covers over their heads and pretended it doesn't exist.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Related Topics: Iraq

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's an eery silence out there about what's going on in Iraq. It's almost as if the silence is, well, intentional. Here are just a few examples of what we're talking about, pulled from last week's developments:

??? In Basra, Iraq's second-largest city, British Major Gen. Graham Binns said that attacks against British and American forces have plunged 90% since the start of September.

??? Iraq Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki reported that terrorist attacks of all kinds are down almost 80% from last year's peak ??? thanks directly to the U.S. surge of 30,000 new troops.

??? Amid growing signs that even Iraq extremists have tired of terrorism and killing, a Sunni religious group closed down the high-profile Muslim Scholars Association because of its ties to terrorists.

??? U.S. Major Gen. James Simmons, speaking in Baghdad, said Iran's pledges to stop sending weapons and explosives into Iraq "appear to be holding up." Roadside bombs, the leading killer of U.S. troops, have plunged 52% since March, he added.

??? Perhaps most touching, according to a report from Michael Yon, who deserves to be the first blogger to win a Pulitzer Prize, Muslims are asking Iraqi Christians to return to help build Iraq.

Iraqi Muslims recently crammed into St. John's Catholic church in Baghdad to attend a Christian service. According to Yon, "Muslims keep telling me to get it on the news. 'Tell the Christians to come home to their country Iraq.' "

??? Finally, there's this from Douglas Halaspaska, a reporter on the Web site U.S. Cavalry ON Point: "I came to Ramadi expecting a war and what I found was a city that has grown from the carnage, and all its inhabitants ??? both Iraqi and American ??? healing. I was not expecting what I found in Iraq . . . it was better than all of that."

Again, all this has taken place just in recent days, weeks and months. The positive news has become simply overwhelming.

Which makes it all the more curious why major newspapers and network TV news programs can lead with a barrage of news out of Iraq when things there go bad, but can't seem to find the space or time when things turn good. As the bad news dries up, their interest in the good remains nil.

It takes people like Yon, whose online webzine can be found at http://michaelyon-online.com, to tell us what's going on ??? not the highly paid prima donnas whose past reporting has made them so invested in defeat that they can no longer afford to tell us the truth.

Stranger still is the Democratic Party's response, as reflected in its recent actions in Congress.

We expected a certain amount of sheepishness on their part. After all, wasn't it just Sept. 11 that Hillary Clinton told Gen. David Petraeus his progress report on Iraq required "a willing suspension of disbelief"? What we didn't expect was all the self-delusion and denial that now seems to mark Congressional Democrats' efforts on Iraq.

The Democrats are denying our troops the funds they need to finish their job by playing games like Friday's, when they tried to tie $50 billion in funding to massive troop withdrawals, beginning almost immediately.

The measure failed in the Senate by seven votes. But the question remains: Why would they do such a thing in a war America is on the verge of winning?

Meanwhile, as if that vote wasn't enough, Democrats ripped Iraq's government ??? apparently oblivious to what's going on in Baghdad.

"Every place you go you hear about no progress being made in Iraq," Sen. Majority Leader Harry Reid said Thursday. "The government is stalemated today, as it was six months ago, as it was two years ago. It is not getting better; it is getting worse."

Virtually nothing in those three sentences is true ??? unless you replace "Iraq" with "Congress." Yet, Reid speaks for his party.

As Democratic Sen. Chuck Schumer said, "The days are over when the money is sent no questions asked, when the money is sent without a price."

Yes, "price." That last word is telling, for the "price" the Democrats are exacting by playing politics comes out of our troops hides ??? not Washington's. Our troops in Iraq need the resources to finish this war. By not funding them to the level needed to win, Congress will certainly endanger lives ??? and make victory a bit harder.

If the Democrats want to keep playing politics as Iraq turns, fine. But what do they do next year if, as now looks likely, the U.S. wins?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    ??? In Basra, Iraq's second-largest city, British Major Gen. Graham Binns said that attacks against British and American forces have plunged 90% since the start of September.

You mean if you withdraw people can't attack you?

??? Iraq Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki reported that terrorist attacks of all kinds are down almost 80% from last year's peak ??? thanks directly to the U.S. surge of 30,000 new troops.

Attacks are down! Only 1,000 Iraqis die a month, victory is upon us!

??? Amid growing signs that even Iraq extremists have tired of terrorism and killing, a Sunni religious group closed down the high-profile Muslim Scholars Association because of its ties to terrorists.

Sunni vs Sunni doesn't get counted. They can fight and kill each other all they want then.

??? U.S. Major Gen. James Simmons, speaking in Baghdad, said Iran's pledges to stop sending weapons and explosives into Iraq "appear to be holding up." Roadside bombs, the leading killer of U.S. troops, have plunged 52% since March, he added.

Good news for US troops, bad for Bush.

??? Perhaps most touching, according to a report from Michael Yon, who deserves to be the first blogger to win a Pulitzer Prize, Muslims are asking Iraqi Christians to return to help build Iraq.

If only the world was made of anecdotal stories!

Which makes it all the more curious why major newspapers and network TV news programs can lead with a barrage of news out of Iraq when things there go bad, but can't seem to find the space or time when things turn good. As the bad news dries up, their interest in the good remains nil.

That damn liberal press!

Stranger still is the Democratic Party's response, as reflected in its recent actions in Congress.

Bad Democrats, bad!

"The government is stalemated today, as it was six months ago, as it was two years ago. It is not getting better; it is getting worse."

Wait, is he talking but the US government or the Iraqi one? Sounds like a traitor and defeatist to me.

• Sounds like a traitor and defeatist to me.

and you would certainly be able to recognize one of your own.

Keep spinning. Its fun to watch you disassemble.

Sounds like a traitor and defeatist to me.

and you would certainly be able to recognize one of your own.

Keep spinning. Its fun to watch you disassemble.

And it's always apparent you have no idea what's goig on in Iraq other than the US is constantly marching towards victory.

Why don't you tell us why attacks in Basra might be down according to that piece.

Or more importnatly answer these basic questions:

1. What were the goals of the surge when announced in January?
    2. How many have been achieved?
    3. What did Bush change the goals to in September?
    4. How is the US to achieve them?

"It's never as bad as it was, and it's not as good as it's being reported now." Maj. Gen. Michael Barbero, Chief of strategic operations in Iraq, November, 2007.

• "It's never as bad as it was, and it's not as good as it's being reported now." Maj. Gen. Michael Barbero, Chief of strategic operations in Iraq, November, 2007.

Indeed, after years of seizing on every positive development and complaining that the good news wasn't being adequately conveyed, American military officials now warn against excessive optimism.[/b] "It's never as bad as it was, and it's not as good as it's being reported now," said Army Maj. Gen. Michael Barbero, chief of strategic operations for U.S. forces in Iraq.

where you select to drop your quotation marks in those instances where you bother to use them[/b] shows just how dishonest your whole Iraq update screed is.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Lead article in the Times today. Calm returning to Baghdad .

Calling those who oppose the war defeatist is a clssic counter-intelligence tactic. Since your boys fucked things up and got us into this mess, blame those who are a calling into question what is happening for those problems. They tried it during Vietnam and they are trying it again. And just like in Nam, there is going to be a moment when a US president declares victory and leaves an unresolved mess behind. All the spinning won't change the facts on the ground. There is no coalition to govern Iraq that integrates the interests of all Iraqis. Thus, maintaining the root causes of the insurgency. Iran has gained immense power and prestige because of the invasion. They will continue to exert anti-american influence until such time as it no longer in their interest. The larger world comuunity, including the Arab world, who have the greatest ability to affect the players on the ground, will stay out of conflict as long as we have a military presence in Iraq. Why? beacuse they risk inflaming their fragile populaces. The war was a mistake from the beginning and is over from a strategic point of view. There will be lots of hooting and hollering over the next few months and years but it will end just like all other civil wars when one side cries uncle after years of terrible violence.

And now we wait for the inevitable response from Slabablalafd where he calls everyone un-american and stupid instead of painting a picture of how things in Iraq are likely to turn out in Iraq. The truth is he really doesn't read enough to have a clue what might happen. His only goal is to piss in the face of patriots who object to this crooked administration's trampling on the constitution in order to fatten themselves like pigs at the war profiterring trough.

• piss in the face of patriots who object to this crooked administration's trampling on the constitution in order to fatten themselves like pigs at the war profiterring trough.

OMG if you really believe this shit its even funnier than the fact you wrote it. I thought you would be sitting in the road up in Olympia blocking those military trucks?

P.S. Open wide.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

OMG if you really believe this shit its even funnier than the fact you wrote it. I thought you would be sitting in the road up in Olympia blocking those military trucks?

P.S. Open wide.

Funny, I thought you would be sitting in a cubicle ignoring the plight of returning soldiers you supposedly support and making excuses for the lack of VA funding.

• Funny, I thought you would be sitting in a cubicle ignoring the plight of returning soldiers you supposedly support and making excuses for the lack of VA funding.

hey, I'm only interested in soldiers after they die, and then i scribble their names all over the Portland sidewalks.

Oh, wait a minute, thats you.

P.S. I have an office,

with a window

over park avenue.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Any report, statistic or study that suggests that anything positive is happening as a result of the Iraqui War is bullshit propaganda.

Any report, statistic or study that suggests that anything negative is happening as a result of the Iraqui War is indisputable fact.

Anyone who believes either of the above statements 100% is an idiot.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    I'd agree to a point, but given that there have been no WMD's, no documented terrorist connection before the invasion, and we have much of our depleted, demoralized military tied up trying to quell a religious/civil war, can anyone really argue this war hasnt been a net loss for the United States?

Sab's just a little frustrated right now. After asking me to suck his dick and I said no, and then saying he wanted to fuck my mom in another thread and she turned him down he's just a little pent up. I didn't know my Iraq writing got you so hot and bothered.

• Sab's just a little frustrated right now. After asking me to suck his dick and I said no, and then saying he wanted to fuck my mom in another thread and she turned him down he's just a little pent up. I didn't know my Iraq writing got you so hot and bothered.

i think motown is a little frustrated because his little pea brain cant comprehend that things may not turn out the way he hoped, and so he is reduced to making ad hominem attacks against me becasue all the newspapers he plagiarizes from are no longer printing what he wants to put in his "treatise" (used very loosely).

• ANATOMY OF A DEBACLE: MOTOWN AND THE TRUTH[/b]

hahaha. Here's a new title for you Motown.

Sab's just a little frustrated right now. After asking me to suck his dick and I said no, and then saying he wanted to fuck my mom in another thread and she turned him down he's just a little pent up. I didn't know my Iraq writing got you so hot and bothered.

i think motown is a little frustrated because his little pea brain cant comprehend that things may not turn out the way he hoped, and so he is reduced to making ad hominem attacks against me becasue all the newspapers he plagiarizes from are no longer printing what he wants to put in his "treatise" (used very loosely).

Little stressed out are we Sab? Not getting any got you a little frustrated? When you read my writing about Iraq does the blood flow to the wrong head?

• Sab's just a little frustrated right now. After asking me to suck his dick and I said no, and then saying he wanted to fuck my mom in another thread and she turned him down he's just a little pent up. I didn't know my Iraq writing got you so hot and bothered.

Little stressed out are we Sab? Not getting any got you a little frustrated? When you read my writing about Iraq does the blood flow to the wrong head?

coming from someone who gets a hard on for dead soldiers, that really hurts.

Coming from somonew who obviously hasn't cum in a while.

its actually kind of sad to see you reduced to this.

And it's REALLY sad that you wanted me to suck your dick and fuck my mom. I think you're letting out more about your home life than anyone wants to know.

add another chapter to your book report dick-breath. Don't feel bad, you can still surrender to my big fat American cock and suck it you faggot sonofabitch.

Love

Peter.

And that's a little cute how you wanted me to suck your peter, peter.

And it's REALLY sad that you wanted me to suck your dick and fuck my mom. I think you're letting out more about your home life than anyone wants to know.

add another chapter to your book report dick-breath. Don't feel bad, you can still surrender to my big fat American cock and suck it you faggot sonofabitch.

Love

Peter.

i dont want to hurt your feelings Motown because I know how sensitive your types are, but when i said those things ... I wasn't really coming on to you. I know it hurts when you have a crush on someone and it turns out that they dont actually like you. But you have to read between the lines a little. Its like a New York Times Op-Ed piece.