Game over (Serato related)

kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
So i had to play a friends birthday party on friday night. It was a joint party for him who turned 31 and a friend of his, this girl who's 24. I packed my bag taking a mix of hip hop joints to please all the under 25s and some boogie and funk for the older heads. My mate had his serato set up and played before me. It was the first time i had seen somone i know rock it and i was just floored.He left me no where to go playin most of the more obvious hip hop joints that i had packed and then even some of the disco boogie joints.For me it's game over. You just can't compete. The fifty or so joints i brought compared to the couple of hundred tracks he had on his laptop.So any one got any preferences over Serato and final Scratch??

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Serato is better than FS.

• Serato is way better than FS.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    sweeeeeeed.

• 6th post ever.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    It gets deep over here, cousin.

• so wait. are you not into that?

• tapestapes 15 Posts
    i would rather sit at home and wash dishes than watch someone play on serato.

• you're gonna be washing a lot of dishes this year

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

If you go to clubs to "watch" the DJ, you should
    probably just stay home and wash dishes anyway.

• tapestapes 15 Posts

If you go to clubs to "watch" the DJ, you should
    probably just stay home and wash dishes anyway.

i play records, not laptops.
    to each his own.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    What about tapes?

• and "keep it real" by washing them by hand.

• tapestapes 15 Posts
    What about tapes?

still rolls deep.

• and "keep it real" by washing them by hand.

oh shit. no dishwasher son?

• tapestapes 15 Posts
    serato dj's be mad and my dishes is so clean.

• I don't really understand what you just said but the only dudes I see mad are the dudes that lugged three flight cases up a bunch of stairs only to have some drunk bitch spill beer on their $150 record.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Ouch.

• tapestapes 15 Posts
    I don't really understand what you just said but the only dudes I see mad are the dudes that lugged three flight cases up a bunch of stairs only to have some drunk bitch spill beer on their $150 record.

carrying records is all good with me. that seems to be the most common serato excuse i encounter, and my dishes is clean. forreal hand scrub.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Do Djs actually need an "excuse" to use Serato?

Is it something to be ashamed of?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    let me put it like this...

EAT MY DUST !!!

seriously though, i light my cigarettes by rubbing 2 sticks together and that whole "cell phone" thing is just a fad.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    let me put it like this...

EAT MY DUST !!!

Yo Tom did you get my message?

• I don't really understand what you just said but the only dudes I see mad are the dudes that lugged three flight cases up a bunch of stairs only to have some drunk bitch spill beer on their $150 record.

carrying records is all good with me. that seems to be the most common serato excuse i encounter, and my dishes is clean. forreal hand scrub.

I am personally more concerned with the $150 records

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    Why be afraid of new shit/technologies? I won't hate on a musical innovation cause innovation is what got us here.

• serato dj's be mad and my dishes is so clean.

nope not mad. im just baffled that one can keep it so real you don't believe in toliet paper and prefer a corncob to wipe your hurt ass.

duder, serato lets you keep all the information that's in the grooves of hundreds or thousands of records inside the grooves of just two records. game over IMO

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    yes. i called back. holler

• tapestapes 15 Posts
    Do Djs actually need an "excuse" to use Serato?

Is it something to be ashamed of?

no...but when i ask people why they don't play records anymore and use mp3's that's what they tell me. i personally don't like it, and everytime i have this discussion with a serato user, they tend to get very defensive. sure, it has many advantages as far as djing goes, but i won't use it. i will carry my records and play those.

• I think you will find DJs get defensive about their use of Serato when you say things like

• tapestapes 15 Posts
    I think you will find DJs get defensive about their use of Serato when you say things like

that' how i feel. next thing you know, technology will have songs mixing themselves and you won't need your serato. also, with serato anyone can dj...they may be no good, but as long as they have mp3's, a laptop, and turntables they can do their thing. back then you had to actually dig instead of swapping hard drives with your homeboy and getting dudes music.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I don't mean to egg this on, Jonny. I just find this line of thinking funny.

Okay back to work.