05 Summer Jam(s)

123457»

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Killa Mike feat Big boi - My Chrome

so serious!

oh yeah and I cant cosign this enough.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    wasn't that pretty obvious? lil jon doesn't sample. the was scratched in.

most of us were sure it couldn't be him from the jump, but not too long ago someone on here asserted that it was "definitely" him... I hadn't seen any actual credits on this stuff until now

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    and there's no DVD

Are you mad?

It's funny, because I always buy the Special Edition[/b] rap release that comes with a DVD, even though I never end up watching any of them--I guess that I am just protecting myself against nagging suspicion a decade down the road that the DVD might have been some sort of essential cultural artifact.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    wasn't that pretty obvious? lil jon doesn't sample. the was scratched in.

most of us were sure it couldn't be him from the jump, but not too long ago someone on here asserted that it was "definitely" him... I hadn't seen any actual credits on this stuff until now

I don't think that anybody besides well-known Houston insider mylatency thought that that track was Li'l Jon's work.

and there's no DVD

Are you mad?

It's funny, because I always buy the Special Edition[/b] rap release that comes with a DVD, even though I never end up watching any of them--I guess that I am just protecting myself against nagging suspicion a decade down the road that the DVD might have been some sort of essential cultural artifact.

lol... naw I just thought it was funny because in the intro of the original version of this album he was talking about why the dvd was included (=to prove how real he is)... this has a new intro however that doesn't mention it

and yeah, I have a bunch of those bonus DVDs and have watched very few, partly because my cd's are not stored by the dvd player... most of the time they're crap though

i'll tell you what i AM mad at though - this is basically a different album than the OG bootleg and so many good songs are cut... i like the new stuff but i'm not sure that its better...

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Hm, I really like "Gimme That." "Infectious" is the most over-used adjective when talking about music, but that beat is totally "infectious." It's a sleeper sum jam fa sho.

And I don't think I've commented on this anywhere yet, but feel strangely compelled to do so all of a sudden: I think Jay's "Dear Summer" shit is boring as fuck.

-e

And I don't think I've commented on this anywhere yet, but feel strangely compelled to do so all of a sudden: I think Jay's "Dear Summer" shit is boring as fuck.

Most of those rhymes were on his well-circulated Game dis freestyle from way back anyway... it didn't blow me away the way it did some... but it DID blow my mind that he had to put a song of his own on the Bleek album...