05 Summer Jam(s)

Comments

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    I just heard that Lil' Mo last night. GodDAMN, that's a banger. Lots of summer jam potential.

I was guessing that it was another Rich Harrison production, but the kind people at Google tell me that it's Chucky Thompson.

I believe that BELIEVE asked me for dancehall summer jams? Hmmm...by no means definitive, but you can't go wrong with these riddims:

Bomb A Drop
    Bubble Up
    Applause
    Jonkanoo
    Scallawah

Anyone else wanna weigh in? Cashless? Magnetic?

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    aint nobody saying 'lose control'??

on&on is nice but lose control got that 'sweating like big gulps on a hot day' vibe

dear summer too. thats like textbook summer jam

I said it on the first page, before the thread got "derailed" by Gwen Stefani.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    ok, like everyone else was mentioning, yeah the beat for holla back girl is good whatever (i like it) but girls vocals are annoying as fuck and the whole song is basically textbook dumbshit catchphrases for dumb white girls to act like they have something of their own.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Bomb A Drop
    Bubble Up
    Applause
    Jonkanoo
    Scallawah

I absolutely agree on these. I still need to get Bomb a Drop, but I also think My Swing will do well later in summer.

And I'm still rocking Bionic Ras pretty damn hard.

The high bpm dancehall shits are what's really making people sweat right now, IMO.

I'm still rocking Kopa too (older but effective lead-in)...

clappy madness...

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    can we get an eye rolling icon? I'd be using it A LOT.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    This is hardly a worldwide hood barometer

Uh, hello? What do you think SoulStrut is?

THE worldwide 'hood barometer. Word.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    What would you be rolling your eyes at?

• The beat is goodGirl's vocals are annoyingSong is full of annoying ass catchphrasesShit is tailormade for white girls

Do you like this one?

(I'm not rolling my eyes at Brian's comment, though)

Bomb A Drop
    Bubble Up
    Applause
    Jonkanoo
    Scallawah

I absolutely agree on these. I still need to get Bomb a Drop, but I also think My Swing will do well later in summer.

And I'm still rocking Bionic Ras pretty damn hard.

The high bpm dancehall shits are what's really making people sweat right now, IMO.

Oh, yeah! My Swing...wow. I hated it the first 10 times I heard it. Then I gave up/started to love it. And I still play Kopa, Stepz, Scoobay...all that shit.

Now I'll just wait another 6 months for the Stone Love Real Rock (so fucking good!), Irish Jig, and Seasons to come out on wax.

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    Oh, hold up. a hot summer reggae track has already surfaced. shit is ill!

Damien Marley "Welcome to Jamrock"

don't sleep on this one.

Oh, hold up. a hot summer reggae track has already surfaced. shit is ill!

Damien Marley "Welcome to Jamrock"

don't sleep on this one.

I think you meant for winter/Spring 2005.

That shit was hot though.

EDITED 'CAUSE CASHLESS IS ON MY WAVELENGTH

That song has legs (no ZZ Top). I've even heard it on the local Clear Channel station recently. Pretty crazy for a "rootsy" song.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    so yesterday i decided to switch my dials off of star fm, [yes i like adult contemporary], and switch over to power 106 for a quick minute. they were playing a song by chino xl at which point i brought it back home to good ol star.

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    well, moreso, what i'm trying to say is that it's been rocked a lot recently and predict it to be played even moreso this summer.

cheers.

well, moreso, what i'm trying to say is that it's been rocked a lot recently and predict it to be played even moreso this summer.

cheers.

I can feel what you're saying... I played it at a gig last week and some cats were still like "what is this?".

Do you like this one?

yeah I do! Where did you get it? the strocker hand is a little much though.

Do you like this one?

yeah I do! Where did you get it? the strocker hand is a little much though.

Fine, here's a more "conservative" one for you.

www.spacespider.net

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    I think DJ Shadow is going to win soulstrut back as fans with a summer collab with Lil Jon.

• catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts
    irish jig is crazy. my swing still hits me as hokey/novelty, but i'm just now appreciating chaka chaka. still don't think any of these are summer jam material.

my money is for kanye to drop a second single that's totally insane.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    excellent jpeg counter, cashless
    (sorry, late pass on this thread)

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Bionic Ras
    Bionic Ras
    Bionic Ras
    Bionic Ras

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    YO. I hated "Rich Girl" in Fiddler on the Roof. I hated the Dancehall "Rich Girl". And I now hate Gwen's "Rich Girl". The song sucks in every which way.

YO. I hated "Rich Girl" in Fiddler on the Roof. I hated the Dancehall "Rich Girl". And I now hate Gwen's "Rich Girl". The song sucks in every which way.
    I bet the Jewish people were absolutely aghast at the approriation of that shit from Fiddler on the Roof by some Jamaican dudes for a dancehall song. I mean the nerve.

• wescoasiawescoasia 126 Posts
    Jay Z (Memphis Bleek) - "Dear Summer" does gets the backyard nodding.

Cosign. Just Blaze does it again.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

I'm just disturbed that her infatuation with Japanese women surpasses my own.

Cashless:

So you're really a white guy from San Francisco?!?!? Dam man....I never knew.

Cashless:

By white guy from SF, you mean a black guy from Houston, no?

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

Cashless:

By white guy from SF, you mean a black guy from Houston, no?

You know i'm just "funin'". The Japaneese (or just Asian fetishism (sp) for that matter) is out of control out here in the Bay. bBlieve me, that shit is a whole different 4-6 page thread.

• irish jig is crazy. my swing still hits me as hokey/novelty, but i'm just now appreciating chaka chaka. still don't think any of these are summer jam material.

my money is for kanye to drop a second single that's totally insane.

yeah I would love to hear a summer jam from Kanye(thats good). I did get a "advanced copy of his "new album" about a month ago that wasnt masterered from a dude..and it aint really hot like college dropout. But..the so called "advance could just be leftovers from old shit,etc..so it might not even be that new.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    I bet the Jewish people were absolutely aghast at the approriation of that shit from Fiddler on the Roof by some Jamaican dudes for a dancehall song. I mean the nerve.

If this was directed at me, I have nothing to say except you haven't read and/or understood a word I said.

-e