Mel Gibson Craziness (NRR)

GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Great use of the phrase "sugar tits"
Gibson's Anti-Semitic Tirade -- Alleged Cover Up Posted Jul 28th 2006 9:15PM by TMZ Staff TMZ has learned that Mel Gibson went on a rampage when he was arrested Friday on suspicion of drunk driving, hurling religious epithets. TMZ has also learned that the Los Angeles County Sheriff's department had the initial report doctored to keep the real story under wraps. TMZ has four pages of the original report prepared by the arresting officer in the case, L.A. County Sheriff's Deputy James Mee. According to the report, Gibson became agitated after he was stopped on Pacific Coast Highway and told he was to be detained for drunk driving Friday morning in Malibu. The actor began swearing uncontrollably. Gibson repeatedly said, "My life is *beep* Law enforcement sources say the deputy, worried that Gibson might become violent, told the actor that he was supposed to cuff him but would not, as long as Gibson cooperated. As the two stood next to the hood of the patrol car, the deputy asked Gibson to get inside. Deputy Mee then walked over to the passenger door and opened it. The report says Gibson then said, "I'm not going to get in your car," and bolted to his car. The deputy quickly subdued Gibson, cuffed him and put him inside the patrol car. TMZ has learned that Deputy Mee audiotaped the entire exchange between himself and Gibson, from the time of the traffic stop to the time Gibson was put in the patrol car, and that the tape fully corroborates the written report. Once inside the car, a source directly connected with the case says Gibson began banging himself against the seat. The report says Gibson told the deputy, "You mother *beep* I'm going to *beep* you." The report also says "Gibson almost continually [sic] threatened me saying he 'owns Malibu' and will spend all of his money to 'get even' with me." The report says Gibson then launched into a barrage of anti-Semitic statements: *beep* Jews... The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world." Gibson then asked the deputy, "Are you a Jew?" The deputy became alarmed as Gibson's tirade escalated, and called ahead for a sergeant to meet them when they arrived at the station. When they arrived, a sergeant began videotaping Gibson, who noticed the camera and then said, "What the *beep* do you think you're doing?" A law enforcement source says Gibson then noticed another female sergeant and yelled, "What do you think you're looking at, sugar tits?" We're told Gibson took two blood alcohol tests, which were videotaped, and continued saying how *beep* he was and how he was going to *beep* Deputy Mee. Gibson was put in a cell with handcuffs on. He said he needed to urinate, and after a few minutes tried manipulating his hands to unzip his pants. Sources say Deputy Mee thought Gibson was going to urinate on the floor of the booking cell and asked someone to take Gibson to the bathroom. After leaving the bathroom, Gibson then demanded to make a phone call. He was taken to a pay phone and, when he didn't get a dial tone, we're told Gibson threw the receiver against the phone. Deputy Mee then warned Gibson that if he damaged the phone he could be charged with felony vandalism. We're told Gibson was then asked, and refused, to sign the necessary paperwork and was thrown in a detox cell. Deputy Mee then wrote an eight-page report detailing Gibson's rampage and comments. Sources say the sergeant on duty felt it was too "inflammatory." A lieutenant and captain then got involved and calls were made to Sheriff's headquarters. Sources say Mee was told Gibson's comments would incite a lot of "Jewish hatred," that the situation in Israel was "way too inflammatory." It was mentioned several times that Gibson, who wrote, directed, and produced 2004's "The Passion of the Christ," had incited "anti-Jewish sentiment" and "For a drunk driving arrest, is this really worth all that?" We're told Deputy Mee was then ordered to write another report, leaving out the incendiary comments and conduct. Sources say Deputy Mee was told the sanitized report would eventually end up in the media and that he could write a supplemental report that contained the redacted information -- a report that would be locked in the watch commander's safe. Initially, a Sheriff's official told TMZ the arrest occurred "without incident." On Friday night, Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore told TMZ: "The L.A. County Sheriff's Department investigation into the arrest of Mr. Gibson on suspicion of driving under the influence will be complete and will contain every factual piece of evidence. Nothing will be sanitized. There was absolutely no favoritism shown to this suspect or any other. When this file is presented to the Los Angeles County District Attorney, it will contain everything. Nothing will be left out." On Saturday, Gibson released the following statement: "After drinking alcohol on Thursday night, I did a number of things that were very wrong and for which I am ashamed. I drove a car when I should not have, and was stopped by the LA County Sheriffs. The arresting officer was just doing his job and I feel fortunate that I was apprehended before I caused injury to any other person. I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested, and said things that I do not believe to be true and which are despicable. I am deeply ashamed of everything I said. Also, I take this opportunity to apologize to the deputies involved for my belligerent behavior. They have always been there for me in my community and indeed probably saved me from myself. I disgraced myself and my family with my behavior and for that I am truly sorry. I have battled with the disease of alcoholism for all of my adult life and profoundly regret my horrific relapse. I apologize for any behavior unbecoming of me in my inebriated state and have already taken necessary steps to ensure my return to health."

Comments

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Sounds like there will be another South Park episode regarding this situation,i cant wait

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    White privilege?

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

On Saturday, Gibson released the following statement:

"After drinking alcohol on Thursday night, I did a number of things that were very wrong and for which I am ashamed. I drove a car when I should not have, and was stopped by the LA County Sheriffs. The arresting officer was just doing his job and I feel fortunate that I was apprehended before I caused injury to any other person. I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested, and said things that I do not believe to be true and which are despicable. I am deeply ashamed of everything I said. Also, I take this opportunity to apologize to the deputies involved for my belligerent behavior. They have always been there for me in my community and indeed probably saved me from myself. I disgraced myself and my family with my behavior and for that I am truly sorry. I have battled with the disease of alcoholism for all of my adult life and profoundly regret my horrific relapse. I apologize for any behavior unbecoming of me in my inebriated state and have already taken necessary steps to ensure my return to health."

"Awwww.. we forgive you, ya little rascal! Come here!!!"

• paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts

Nel vino la verita.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Nel vino la verita.

supposedly his BAC was only 1.2 which really isn't all that high.

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    It's high enough to be fairly wasted though.

Maybe I'm biased 'cause I'm an Australian (mate...) but I think they're blowing the anti-semite thing out of proportion. While it's I think that anyone who's wasted just talks shit. I'm sure that the average drunk who's been arrested will spew all sorts of abusive stuff, without it making it into the official police report.

Like I said, it's not cool what he said and I certainly don't agree, but do people who actually fuck mothers have a right to be offended? Phone repairman? People who live in Malibu?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Like I said, it's not cool what he said and I certainly don't agree, but do people who actually fuck mothers have a right to be offended? Phone repairman? People who live in Malibu?
    There's a small difference between "Fuck you, you fucking pigs" and "The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world."

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

Nel vino la verita.

1.2 = dead
    i could drive .12 with my knees
    (.08 is the legal limit)

• How can you say "sugar tits" in anger???????

"C'mere sugar tits, I luh you."

• It's high enough to be fairly wasted though.

Maybe I'm biased 'cause I'm an Australian (mate...) but I think they're blowing the anti-semite thing out of proportion. While it's I think that anyone who's wasted just talks shit. I'm sure that the average drunk who's been arrested will spew all sorts of abusive stuff, without it making it into the official police report.

Man, that's a lot of leeway to give someone just because they're from your home country.

I hate plenty of famous Americans.

• It's high enough to be fairly wasted though.

Man, that's a lot of leeway to give someone just because they're from your home country.

I hate plenty of famous Americans.

Mr. Gibson is in fact a famous American (born here, raised in Oz...). Still hate his guts though....

• As another Aussie all I can say is fuck Mel Gibson he was born in the US and you guys can keep him.

• Nel vino la verita.

1.2 = dead
    (.08 is the legal limit)

oops, put the decimal in the wrong place.

Anyways, yeah .12 is drunk but not shitfaced...at least for most people

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts
    Mel Gibson killed it in Mad Max, All i know is he's a complete arsehole and has done things to people i know, over distribution and him doing a terrible role in a terrible wim wenders film.

The anti-semitic shit always gets blown out. If he had called a cop a ni**a, that shit wouldn't get mentioned, the black cop would just let it be, Jews love to be victimised Oooo Egypt, OooO hitler, oOooO palestine, winge winge winge winge

NAH! i'm just fucking wit ya'll! kidding, kidding i swear! I don't mean any of the above shit.

Point being, Mels not Australian but who cares where he is from, This shit is just karma from all the power-moves he has made over the years that have fucked everyone else over.

Anyone else like Mad Max? Good film, huh?

I wish they made Australian films like they used to, I think we had a sense of our own culture and what it meant to be Australian at one point.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    romper stomper is that crack.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

The anti-semitic shit always gets blown out. If he had called a cop a ni**a, that shit wouldn't get mentioned, the black cop would just let it be, Jews love to be victimised Oooo Egypt, OooO hitler, oOooO palestine, winge winge winge winge

NAH! i'm just fucking wit ya'll! kidding, kidding i swear! I don't mean any of the above shit.

Man I was like... here comes another 14 pager...

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    btw, Mel Gibson is a narcissitic douche, but Mad Max was the shit.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Nel vino la verita.

1.2 = dead
    (.08 is the legal limit)

oops, put the decimal in the wrong place.

Anyways, yeah .12 is drunk but not shitfaced...at least for most people

Maybe it was the cocaine put him over the top?

Haha, for sure.

There were some great films around that period that had their own unique style too. Movies like 'The Devil's Playground" that had such serious themes but there was something so naive and innocent about them.

And then movies like "The Chant of Jimmy Blacksmith" that was like watching the texas chainsaw massacre at some points yet you could understand their plight and although it was fucked up that they killed all these women and children, you still understand and know you probably would do the same shit (that's how i felt anyway).

I saw another the other night that apparently cost 200 bucks on amazon; "The Year my Voice Broke" - It was nice, beautifully shot.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Haha, for sure.

There were some great films around that period that had their own unique style too. Movies like 'The Devil's Playground" that had such serious themes but there was something so naive and innocent about them.

And then movies like "The Chant of Jimmy Blacksmith" that was like watching the texas chainsaw massacre at some points yet you could understand their plight and although it was fucked up that they killed all these women and children, you still understand and know you probably would do the same shit (that's how i felt anyway).

I saw another the other night that apparently cost 200 bucks on amazon; "The Year my Voice Broke" - It was nice, beautifully shot.

Yeah, it definitely seems like Mel hates Jews.

JESUS HATES BLACK PEOPLE ( )

but he still likes chocolate sugar tits

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    why am I so entertained when these guys act a fool? Looking forward to the next Diane Sayer interview with him. And yes south park will be all over this.

Haha, for sure.

Yeah, it definitely seems like Mel hates Jews.

Just to clarify, Mel was in none of these movies - I just started ranting about Australian films.

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    Man, I think the Aussie bias thing was a little misconstrued. My real point is that he was charged with speeding and drink driving, yet that seems to be of no real concearn to anyone, especially the media.

I personally don't think any movie star is really worth a damn, but people shouldn't really act surprised when many of them are dickheads. What incentive is there to be level headed and well adjusted when you make squillions of dollars to just to pretend to be someone else? If you live by the media, then you'll die by the media.

And you're right Wooshie, Australian films suck these days, although "Solo" looks promising.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    I am Australian and I believe that Mel Gibson is a oddball fuckhead.

I have also heard his father is a holocaust denier

Speeding and drink driving never hurt anyone but dissing the jews! OH SHIT, WATCH YOUR BACK, SON!

Yeah, Solo looks interesting

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    10 canoes was the ill shit!

I really wanna see that!