Coffee Appreciation (nnr)

2»

Comments

• djrdjr 511 Posts

dunkin' donuts coffee is where it's at.

Or an iced cafe mocha at the coffee cart in the ped mall of iowa city.
    good memories there....

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    i've cut waaaaaaay down recently. was about a 25 cup a day person since age 12.
    don francisco's and chock full o' nuts are my fav. over the counters. grande carmel macciato at starbucks. caramel latte everywhere else. stein. .

Dammmm! I thought I was the only nut ball that did the 2 pots a day thing! When I cut back no one could believe it. I cut it back to 2 latte a day and now that's even too much for me.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    yep. you sleep alot better and dont get hostile as much too. stein. .

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Damn Stein, that's what i call too much of a good thing.

Yeah, I find if I drink it too frequently it becomes an addiction as aopposed to an indulgence. Personally I like to keep it at one cup a day, but 3 would be my max.

• For broke folks like me:

that is some of the best tasting coffee ive ever had. I was addicted to it in college. the can looks cool also.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    I drink a lot, but I drink shit caue I dont care. Instant coffee, folgers, whatever. I prefer the stuff they give you at the bodega's. Coffee plus one of my friend's adderalls gets me feelin pretty damn on it. Dont even try to play me in chess after that.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    yep. you sleep alot better and dont get hostile as much too. stein. .

HA! When i told my girl (at the time) I couldn't sleep she just looked at me like "gee why you think that happens dumb ass!"

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    oh yeah and dont mix cognac and espresso. i made a thai latte with remy martin last night and i was hurling within fifteen minutes. really bad idea.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    this is it.....

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    Large Dunkin Donuts iced coffee, light with 3 equal...

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    For some raer obsessed people y'all have some COMMON taste in coffee! Dunkin Donuts? Chock full o' nuts??!@? I want to hear some I had to walk south america to get monkey-picked beans roasted by inca natives kind of obsession.

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    For some raer obsessed people y'all have some COMMON taste in coffee! Dunkin Donuts? Chock full o' nuts??!@? I want to hear some I had to walk south america to get monkey-picked beans roasted by inca natives kind of obsession.

I went through that whole coffee snob phase years ago. Not that I don't like a little Ethiopian Yergacheffe or Jamaican Blue Mountain (strange isn't it how expensive coffee sounds like pot???) now and then but I'm a busy man. Pull on up to the drive through, exchange currency for caffeine loading device and drive on to work....

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts

One large cup 'o drip every morning, water for the rest of the day.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    All you dudes sippin' on these caramel mochachinos and cinnamon frappessos and sh!t like that don't really like coffee...

!!!

Dude! For real.. You dudes in line at Starbucks, blowing your nails dry, gossiping on the cell phone while waiting for your frothy whipped cream java sundae shake just kill me! That shit ain't coffee. I like my coffee like like I like my well...my coffee and that's fuckin str8 black! i work with dudes who won't drink coffee because.. [pout]"oh shoot, like, there's no creeeamer! :sigh: darn!"[/pout] :gheeeeeey: but man, I'm such a pathetic, hopelessly addicted junky! Every morning I brew an entire pot of black tar joe and gulp all but one cup before the commute (the last cup is for the drive). Then when I get to work I drink diet coke to slowly bring myself down. sometimes around 2 or 3 I'll drink another cup in between the diet cancer sodas. But I can't get up without. I need it! I need it! It be caaaaaallin me!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Round here:

Although I did get coffee at a Wawa on the way back to NYC last night

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    Round here:

coffee at a Wawa on the way back to NYC last night

epic!

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    This is my shit right here....
    I used to hit the coffee pretty hard; but it started fucking with my gut, and made me feel a little too cracked out. This stuff has all the poitive effects of coffe, without the jitters...It's the national drink of Praguay/Uraguay/Argentina. And it's loaded with vitamins and minerals...
    To be traditional I brew it loose leaf and drink it out of one of these filter gourds...
    I am completely addicted to this stuff; but it seems to treat me alot better than the coffee was doin'.

Yes sir, may I plaese have another? Seriously though, after depending on coffee for a long time I was surprised how much nicer mate is. The wake up is milder, but no less effective and feels sooo much better on the tummy. And this herb goes well with other herbs.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    And I also agree that drinking it loose is the way to go, tastes better and it's definitely stronger than the bags.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

YES!
    That was one of the only parts I truly enjoyed from twin peaks.

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
    FRENCH PRESS ??????????????????????????????

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    OOOOOOH i loves me some coffee. gotta go with peets drip. i dont mess with none of that hoity toity latte shit. just a black coffee.

dudes, did you know they dont really serve drip coffee across the pond? nope, you gotta order an "americano" and them brits are always trying to put milk in that shit so you gotta specify NO MILK. its not bad tho...

japan, on the other hand, has thee worst coffee. most of it is freeze dried and finding it in bean form is indeed raer.

new yorkers will settle for deli coffee. dont lie.

ive never been to the NW.

sf are some coffee snobs. which is where i cut my teef. like i said, peets, and i liked dibartilos on grand ave in oakland.

LA, these folls will settle for starbucks cuz it has the brand name right there on the cup and you can color coordinate your newsies hip hop hat with the buck's hunter green and black.

japan, on the other hand, has thee worst coffee. most of it is freeze dried and finding it in bean form is indeed raer

at least you can get it in can form at a vending machine.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    LA, these folls will settle for starbucks cuz it has the brand name right there on the cup and you can color coordinate your newsies hip hop hat with the buck's hunter green and black.

Well said.

I'm waitin' for the Peets[/b] to open in my neighborhood. I used to drink that stuff in Berkeley before it blew up and went all corporate. the Subteraneum[/b] is also good if you're on Telegraph Ave.

In frisco it's all about that cafe in N. Beach. On the corner where the beats used to kick it. Cafe Triste[/b]
    [/b] And in the Mission, La Boheme[/b] is bomb, right off Mission on 24th St. What's that Cafe on 16th street that's connected to Bored Stiff family? That place is worth checking out for the political fliers alone.

Here I'm a Starbucks whore, for it's proximity (on every block), and the taste is good. Not the best, but acceptible. I hate those new machines though. The shots are weak.

Buzz[/b] has good espresso but their drip coffee is only aite. I don't mess with Coffee Bean[/b]. Not feelin' it.

I wouldn't mind owning a cafe. As long as it didn't have to make money, then I would do it right. No smoothy, half packet of splenda, with decaf, and a quarter shot of vanilla, If you ask for it, you're BANNED!!!![/b]

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Yall are funny.

I dont really like coffee. Although that has something to do with my regular 30 mg morning dose of amphetemine salts. Caffeine on top of that can make my chest hurt.