Coffee Appreciation (nnr)

street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
edited May 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)
Would all 'Fine addicts please stand up?

What's your drink. Are you a Latte or Capuccino drinker? Do you preder hot or cold? Do you say, fuck all that yuppy shit and go for some truck stop drip coffee? Represent your cafe if you wish.

My drink at the moment is a quad espresso over ice with 4 pumps sugar syrup and an inch of heavy cream, unwhipped. I also like puro espresso.

My favorite combo...

Coffee & Herb

Comments

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    Down Beat cafe across the street from my pad has that crack-like $4.50 cup of coffee. Im a latte dude (soy, turns out im no good with milk), but after dinner i like a cappucino. Espressos good to. Sometimes i go for the donut shop generic coffee, because the shop is run by a family of BANGING asian girls.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    fresh ground high quality roast err day

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Caffe Lladro.

Iced Roy (half rice/half soy)

or drip coffee, I ain't too picky when it comes to caffeine

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Yo,

I'm a hopeless, two-cup a day minimum addict. I like to brew my own Masters House slow roast, with cream and sugar, every morning to enjoy with my (cigarette) smoke (I gotta quit!!!).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    dark roast
    bushmills
    whip cream
    suger
    -breakfast of champions

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    yeah i grind me own every morning.. then slap it in one of those italian stove top jobs.

take it black... no suger no cream.. just the bean.

i'll usually get an americano if im at a coffee shop. again black.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    In caf??s it??s all about the double cappuccino, but at home it??s the drip, or pressure-cooker (is it called that in English?) mocca.

I heart me some coffee, but it??s not like I??m an absolute addict and can??t live through the day without a cup.

- J

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    French Roast drip coffee served black

and occasionally,

Double shot of Espresso with a little sugare

////

Trader Joes??? got the best price for a can of French Roast coffee beans - $5

Lasts about two week - beans are kept in the freezer and what I need is measured out and ground fresh each day before brewing... try it.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    spot on the corner hooks me up with a canadian bacon, egg and cheese on a bagel and a great cappacino for $4.50 urrry other day.

anyone ever try a shot of patron with a lime dipped in esspresso grind chaser???

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Cappuccino all day. Dry grande Cappuccino. 2 shots with a lot of foam and a little milk. I like to add one pack of sugar. I'm out the door to get one right now. Starbuck's is across the street. I live in Seattle, the land of coffee!

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Big addict right here.

Drip coffee is for suckas. French press preferred. So is grinding right before brewing. I got a nice burr grinder where you can specify grind size & amount of grind, then press the button and bang that into the french press. mmmm.

For breakfast it's nothing but in-season fruit and a good cup (or three).

• ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts
    Ya'll stank breath fools need to purchase------>

Nothing is worse than some stankin' ass coffee breath!

• anasarcasmanasarcasm 365 Posts
    homemade triple shot espresso and hazlenut cream....all day, every day

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

weed sprinkled with coke (with a double pump of soy vanilla syrup)

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

on the grind like starbucks

• VagabondVagabond 417 Posts
    This is my shit right here....
    I used to hit the coffee pretty hard; but it started fucking with my gut, and made me feel a little too cracked out. This stuff has all the poitive effects of coffe, without the jitters...It's the national drink of Praguay/Uraguay/Argentina. And it's loaded with vitamins and minerals...
    To be traditional I brew it loose leaf and drink it out of one of these filter gourds...
    I am completely addicted to this stuff; but it seems to treat me alot better than the coffee was doin'.

homemade triple shot espresso and hazlenut cream....all day, every day

Do you have a pump-driven cappacino machine? I only have a steam-driven cheapie and have never been satisfied by it. A little krupps. I want to play with the big boys for cheap, is there any option? (say under $500)

Nothing is worse than some stankin' ass coffee breath!

Plase. We prefer "cadaver breath".

• anasarcasmanasarcasm 365 Posts
    hey a*****

ideally, i'd like to get a gaggia titanium. it's a monster and from all indications (see: recommendations from my friends) it brews the perfect cup with consistancy. it's pretty close to an industrial/restaurant machine...on the downside it's $1600! in the under 5 bills range, i think there are some other home version gaggias that are pretty dope. i'm saving for my titanium. i save tons of money just making my own. currently i have a french press and a krupps. the krupps is alright...but it often scalds the espresso which is no good.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    I coffee because it tastes good and tends to clean out my large intestine.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    All you dudes sippin' on these caramel mochachinos and cinnamon frappessos and sh!t like that don't really like coffee...

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I havn't had coffee in 2 days and I'm ready to kill someone!!!!!!!!!!!!

• every morning. gotta have it or i aint doing nothing. today i had coffee with this old woman at a garage sale while buying some neon japanese landscape paintings on black velvet.

ideally, i'd like to get a gaggia titanium. it's a monster and from all indications (see: recommendations from my friends) it brews the perfect cup with consistancy. it's pretty close to an industrial/restaurant machine...on the downside it's $1600! in the under 5 bills range, i think there are some other home version gaggias that are pretty dope. i'm saving for my titanium. i save tons of money just making my own. currently i have a french press and a krupps. the krupps is alright...but it often scalds the espresso which is no good.

It's cool to hear other people think about these things. I read reviews about the gaggia and nobody has anything bad to say. Well, shit, how could you, it's a pro level espresso maker, haha...

You just can't get at home that sweet sweet taste you get from store-made lattes and cappacino. No way. I've messed around with grind size and different pressure tamping but it doesn't have that much of an effect. The problem with any steam driven maker is burning the grind, plus I think my krupps sometimes puts water through the grind, too, so it's more like a strong cup of coffee. There's no control. Either too hot (burn) or too little (forced water). I'd rather go with french pressed coffee if I can't get a pump-driven espresso.

I stuck a gaggia classic (one of the 500ish ones) pump-driven one on our registry. I will be seriously stoked if anybody bites. Maybe I'll get a lost-lost uncle working off some guilt. If not for the wedding, then next time I get serious $ from freelance software dev work I will pick one up. Rebecca thinks I'm joking, but it would increase my quality of life immensely.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    i'm all about the drip coffee at

which i can hardly wait to have some of soon.

• wholewheatwholewheat 437 Posts
    For broke folks like me:

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Coffee is my shit right thur.

My morning routine is like this:

1. Get out the whole beans and grind them up.
    2. Place freshly ground coffee into a) drop coffee perculator, or b) Itallian coffee brewer that my girl got me recently (yes, she's italian)
    3. have a shower while coffee gets made
    4. add some vanilla flavouring, milk and sugar to my delicious beverage.

I love coffee, and I get that horrible lack-of-caffiene headache towards 3pm if I don't follow this routine strictly.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i work at an internet cafe that is pretty much 50/50 coffee and computers. the little appreciation i had for coffee has disappeared after working here, but if i ever feel like drinking something, it's free so i can't complain.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    i've cut waaaaaaay down recently. was about a 25 cup a day person since age 12.
    don francisco's and chock full o' nuts are my fav. over the counters. grande carmel macciato at starbucks. caramel latte everywhere else. stein. .