NBA FINALS 2006 - What's Really Good Batchez

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
New blood in this year's championship - I fuckin love it.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

or

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Mavs!

Veteran's who I'd like to see get a ring.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Veterans who I'd like to see get denied a ring.

I loathe that dude.

I'm really not invested in this one, but I guess I'll be pulling for the Heat, if only because I think this year probably represents DWade's best shot at a ring and he's the only player on either roster that I particularly like.

I have a feeling that Shaq's decline is going to be pretty precipitous after this year--that this is the final year he'll be able to help DWade get that ring. And if Wade re-signs this summer--something which I think would be very foolish, but which all indications point to him doing--he will spend the best years of his career tethered to a sinking ship of a team crippled by Shaq's contract.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

Veterans who I'd like to see get denied a ring.

I loathe that dude.

I'm really not invested in this one, but I guess I'll be pulling for the Heat, if only because I think this year probably represents DWade's best shot at a ring and he's the only player on either roster that I particularly like.

I have a feeling that Shaq's decline is going to be pretty precipitous after this year--that this is the final year he'll be able to help DWade get that ring. And if Wade re-signs this summer--something which I think would be very foolish, but which all indications point to him doing--he will spend the best years of his career tethered to a sinking ship of a team crippled by Shaq's contract.

Co-sign and then some.

• Mavs in 6.

The real joy will be any Shaq/Dampier smackfests. Let's see how long before Shaq fires the first salvo in this one.

D Wade? Let me introduce you to Josh Howard.....

D Wade? Let me introduce you to Josh Howard.....

You cant be serious? He couldnt shut down the SUNS backcourt,you think he can stop
    WADE. The Pistons couldnt stop WADE. What's your take GP?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Mavs starting 5 is an average age of 25.8.....Avery wins Coach of the Year and a trip to the Finals in his first year......he has the makings of a Dynasty with Cuban supplying the cash.

And what's NOT to like about Dirk??

He's evolved into the player no one thought he'd ever be....developed an inside game, learned to rebound at both ends, plays defense especially when it's on the line, is a team player, hustles his ass off.

Seriously, why would anyone NOT like this guy as a basketball player if you're a fan of the game??

• D Wade? Let me introduce you to Josh Howard.....

You cant be serious? He couldnt shut down the SUNS backcourt,you think he can stop
    WADE. The Pistons couldnt stop WADE. What's your take GP?

WTF dood did you watch the game? Howard was on Nash the entire second half last night in their biggest game of the season and the MVP couldn't do shit until it was too late.

Not saying Nash is Wade by any means, but for you to say he "couldn't shut them down" just ain't even right.

• Mavs starting 5 is an average age of 25.8.....Avery wins Coach of the Year and a trip to the Finals in his first year......he has the makings of a Dynasty with Cuban supplying the cash.

And what's NOT to like about Dirk??

He's evolved into the player no one thought he'd ever be....developed an inside game, learned to rebound at both ends, plays defense especially when it's on the line, is a team player, hustles his ass off.

Seriously, why would anyone NOT like this guy as a basketball player if you're a fan of the game??

Your typical NBA fan has a big problem w/ a 7 foot German white guy as a top 3 (maybe even the best) player in the league.

See Tim Thomas' post-game comments after Game 5 for all you need to know about that situation.

Fuggit though, cos Dirk's gonna be hoistin a trophy in about two weeks.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    they way they destroyed the Pistons, imma have to say the Heat.

Fuggit though, cos Dirk's gonna be hoistin a trophy in about two weeks.

Congrats on your first trip to the Finals.
    The Mavs can beat the Heat, but to think yall have anybody that can match up w/ Wade and Shaq is ridiculous.
    The Heat dont have an answer for Dirk either.
    The Suns had you guys shook. You'll see what real defense is. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Shaq/Mourning > Diop/Dampier
    Wade > Howard
    Dirk > Haslem
    Terry > Williams
    Walker > Griffin

Riley > Johnson

Indiana is the media fav but y'all still shouldn't sleep on Miami. I cant stand
    the Heat but If Walker fits in.................damn.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    they way they destroyed the Pistons, imma have to say the Heat.

UH-HUH

OKAY

WHUSSUP???

SHUTTTUP!!!!

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts

I loathe THAT dude and as much as I think D. Wade deserves a ring, I will be doing my best to throw hex on that traitor and his oversized minion the Shaqtard. I think the Heat are gonna sweep though.

Who wants to have their avatar/location changed for 2 months.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Cosignature.

I'm going with the Mavs to win the jewelry, though.

• The Mavs can beat the Heat, but to think yall have anybody that can match up w/ Wade and Shaq is ridiculous.

So, do y'all actually watch these games or do you just form your opinions based on what you see on highlight shows?

Shaq will absolutely dominate in stretches. All the Dallas centers have to do is have 6-10 good plays a game on him. Foul him and he misses FTs, make him shuffle his feet, draw a charge, force a turnover, etc. Damps can do this. He is country strong and has held his own against Shaq the last four Mav reg season victories over the Heat. Shaq himself or the refs are guaranteed to essentially limit him for about 2 games. As to Wade, you are just seriously underestimating Josh and that will be your undoing.

Mavs are built to feast on EC teams. It's goin down.

None of you all were talkin Heat all through the months of NBA threads.

BANDWAGON-ASS HEAT NUTRIDAZ!!!!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

The Mavs can beat the Heat, but to think yall have anybody that can match up w/ Wade and Shaq is ridiculous.

So, do y'all actually watch these games or do you just form your opinions based on what you see on highlight shows?

Shaq will absolutely dominate in stretches. All the Dallas centers have to do is have 6-10 good plays a game on him. Foul him and he misses FTs, make him shuffle his feet, draw a charge, force a turnover, etc. Damps can do this. He is country strong and has held his own against Shaq the last four Mav reg season victories over the Heat. Shaq himself or the refs are guaranteed to essentially limit him for about 2 games. As to Wade, you are just seriously underestimating Josh and that will be your undoing.

Hatters.....all of them

But the guy I'm waiting to hear from is Phill Most who picked the Mavs to finish 8th in the West!!!

Youre funny.

And sensitive............again.

He is country strong and has held his own against Shaq the last four Mav reg season victories over the Heat.

Your joking right. THE REGULAR SEASON DONT MEAN SHIT.

"Do you even play Basketball"

You want to bet?

Hatters.....all of them

EAST COAST BATCH

sensitive

sensitive

sensitive

sensitive

sensitive

sensitive

sensitive

sensitive

sensitive

I'm hearing some famous last words...

I am not categorically stating that the Heat will win. I like Dallas' chances against them (as opposed to the Suns, who would've been eaten alive). It will be a good series. But this kind of "all Damp & Diop need is 5-10 good plays a game" is straight fanboy nuthugging, call it like it is hommie, Mavs got no kind of serious answer for Shaq in the paint, of course the double will come and the inevitable kickout, we'll see how good the Dallas D is when Wade, Williams, Walker, and Posey are shooting the lights out...

One thing's for sure is that Dirk will have to outdo himself. Terry & company won't do it by themselves...

I'm ready, I'm hyped, plus I'm amped!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

EAST COAST BATCH

Wade looks like he wants to start shit in that picture. haha. If they were to fight, the East Allstars would win.

• And sensitive............again.

You push buttons, get a reaction, and then throw up yr hands crying sensitive? I thought you knew you were bandwagon-ass heat nutridaz (that goes for you too JP).

We'll be hollerin in a couple of weeks and it's gon' be curtains for you two.

Yuk it up while you can, funny boys.

• But this kind of "all Damp & Diop need is 5-10 good plays a game" is straight fanboy nuthugging, call it like it is hommie, Mavs got no kind of serious answer for Shaq in the paint

Fuck that bullshit dood. Call it what you want, that's the kind of shit that wins games. Shaq is gonna get his. It's the difference of him getting 23-28 or 30+. Mavs keep him in the mid-twenties and it's on. I'm just sayin that's what's gonna happen by and large, except for in the two Heat victories. Y're huggin the Diesel's nuts like he was 28 and not 32, Warrior-fan.

Warrior-fan

yep, thems the cries of a wounded dog, when you start talking down on a dude's team.... I am sure you were a Mavs fan back when they were the joke of the league (or were you??? hmmmmm.... )... anywhoo it's all in good fun, I hope for your sake that you are right about the diesel... because after all, you are the one who will be suffering heart palpitations... neither of my teams made the playoffs this year! It's all entertainment for me.

• Warrior-fan

yep, thems the cries of a wounded dog, when you start talking down on a dude's team.... I am sure you were a Mavs fan back when they were the joke of the league (or were you??? hmmmmm.... )... anywhoo it's all in good fun, I hope for your sake that you are right about the diesel... because after all, you are the one who will be suffering heart palpitations... neither of my teams made the playoffs this year! It's all entertainment for me.

If I were you I'm sure I couldn't help but push GP's buttons either.

Why can't y'all let me relish a day before the tag=team? Most had the Mavs going down about 3 weeks ago.......

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    If the Mavs are able to control the tempo of the game and push the ball they can negate Shaq some. Payton, Williams and Walker will have to have tight leashes on them to stop them from jaking up threes in a running game, which will take away from Shaq. I don't think you can stop Wade but Dallas has several players, not just Josh Howard, they can throw at him as well.

Also, if the Mavs get a nice lead, Riley might pull Shaq to go small to try to match up and catch up. When Dallas and the Suns played the Heat in the regular season they basically ran the Heat off the floor by BIG margins. Of course that was before the Heat pulled it together as they have during the playoffs. I'm still picking the Mavs to win it all.

• If the Mavs are able to control the tempo of the game and push the ball they can negate Shaq some. Payton, Williams and Walker will have to have tight leashes on them to stop them from jaking up threes in a running game, which will take away from Shaq. I don't think you can stop Wade but Dallas has several players, not just Josh Howard, they can throw at him as well. That's why I'm picking the Mavs.

I'm thinking Dallas might go back to Griffin in the starting lineup. They could then bring Devin off the bench and hopefully he could match up on Payton some. Nice mismatch for the Mavs there.

• 16_beat16_beat 56 Posts
    yeah this one's a toss-up. yall can joke about it or whatever, but the diop-dampier two headed monster is about as good as anyone's got against shaq. they won't stop him, no, but at least they have some legitimate size to throw at him, which the pistons didn't ... and the suns certainly wouldn't have. plus, dirk is as unguardable as any player in the league, bar none, so it cuts both ways here. the heat have managed to hit a groove at the right time but it's not like they've always been this confident, efficient, etc. it's usually a situation when a team puts it all together at right time (rec. pistons > lakers finals run), and the heat look like that team moreso than the mavs this year. but seriously, who's going to guard dirk? posey? toine? haslem? oof, they better hope he doesn't get hot.

even though i don't want to, i give the nod to the heat. i'm pulling for the mavs though.