top 10 german funk

Comments

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts
    Not funky, but surely a very nice song:
    Mary Roos - Morgens um f??nf

don't you think so?

• Hey Chiller was geht :-)

check mal www.ostbeat.de beste Seite f??r AMIGA-related stuff.
    Super site to check east-german label releases...

Best,

SC

Besten Dank!

btw: does anyone know which Manfred Krug LP has the track "morgen"?

didn't see it listet there...

hui ui ui, wenn der scoper schon meinen namen droppt, muss ich mich ja mal dringlich einschalten gruesse allerseits.

cHiller, unfortunatly "Morgen" was never released properly, to the extend of my knowledge the feature on the amiga a go-go 1 was the first release. and i don't know if there was ever a vinyl release (but someone told me so), and if it was featured on that possible vinyl, since this was, if it existed, more an ep with some tracks, def. not all.

• Not funky, but surely a very nice song:
    Mary Roos - Morgens um f??nf

don't you think so?

such a sweet song. and really great to play at five in the morning if you happen to spin outdoors in summer. cos the lyrics...perfect fit.

• while we are at the subject...could anyone drop some knowledge on the following:
    The Messenger selftitled LP on Red Point(?) don't know anything.
    , too, please.

• SoulificSoulific 103 Posts
    Hello there, my man meikel. Why didn't you mention the Kati Kovacs LP on Amiga you just gave me. Sehnsucht is quite a nice little funky german song. Me likes the organ very much.

And speaking of german lurkers. I just copped that:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4893119348

I also found some spare copies of Manfred Krug 4, Hallo 2, Hazy Osterwald 2nd Time Around. Is there someone who'll like to trade?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    not funk, but if you are talking German breaks..how can this thread be 7 pages long and there be no mention of Guru Guru "Immer Lustig"? Mani Neumaier is da man!

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    KNock Out (MPS), and Hammond Explosion (BASF) I like !

Yeah I dig knock out, too. Real headhunters style vibe. There was a sealed copy at a local place for MONTHS before I stopped waffling and picked it up. Holland MPS pressing?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    not funk, but if you are talking German breaks..how can this thread be 7 pages long and there be no mention of Guru Guru "Immer Lustig"? Mani Neumaier is da man!

breaks suck!!! that's why!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

the early guru guru is cool. i also like that krokodil song that cosmophonic bought in Giessen two years ago. i forgot the name though. where's cosmophonic? haven't seen him posting in a while...

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

Hey, I never claimed to be into breaks, but the convo turned that way for a minute and since great drummers usually make great breaks, thought I would throw his name out. Im just into great drummers and rock music...It might be passe to a German, but I love Guru Guru and Harmonia...Mani is great.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Hey, I never claimed to be into breaks, but the convo turned that way for a minute and since great drummers usually make great breaks, thought I would throw his name out. Im just into great drummers and rock music...It might be passe to a German, but I love Guru Guru and Harmonia...Mani is great.

yeah, i was just kiddin'. i like guru guru. the drummer is

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    while we are at the subject...could anyone drop some knowledge on the following:
    , too, please.

nice, but a bit overrrated imo...wouldnt pay more than 10 euros. features the track "funky gangbang" which deals with a girl being the only girl in a rock n roll band, hilarious lyrics...there are some other funky moments on there and a nice horn section...overall i think it is the best from them, but i just know one other from 77 which i sold immediately again...

peace,

dojah

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    while we are at the subject...could anyone drop some knowledge on the following:
    , too, please.

nice, but a bit overrrated imo...wouldnt pay more than 10 euros. features the track "funky gangbang" which deals with a girl being the only girl in a rock n roll band, hilarious lyrics...there are some other funky moments on there and a nice horn section...overall i think it is the best from them, but i just know one other from 77 which i sold immediately again...

peace,

dojah

butbutbut recordkingz are selling it for 50 - 75 GBP? it HAAAAAAAAS to be GOD, RIHGT BAITCHEZ?

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    butbutbut recordkingz are selling it for 50 - 75 GBP? it HAAAAAAAAS to be GOD, RIHGT BAITCHEZ?

Serous Haet fro Club Dj's, killer hiphop lops!!!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    No Prob,
    here is my guide to get deeper in the field:

1. Go buy the Funkfvergn??gen CD's Pt. 1-3 by Hype and Katmando
    2. Take a listen and write down what songs you liked (Timecode)
    3. Ask Grope, Mikel Night, Olski, Hawkeye, Sicky Dojah and a few other german heads about what it is
    4. Go shopping :-)

I think that's a good start...

Peace from Cologne / Germany,

Scope

PS: Grope, did you mention to him the whole field of great german library records?!

are you the "scope"?

http://www.beatzausderbude.de/05_downloads/downloads/bundesrap.RM

nice track!

greets from austria

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

are the "scope"?

nice track!

greets from austria

Scope,

Never heard that track before. Nice one.

i've listen to a lot of german prog/kraut:

Eloy
    Xhol
    Floh de Cologne
    Eulenspygel
    Walter Wegem??ller
    Birth Control
    Paternoster (Austria)
    Eela Craig (Austria)
    i think there is a shadow sample "eela craig - symphonic rock - the mighy",
    blood on the motorway, i'm not sure
    Krokodil (Switzerland)

are the "scope"?

nice track!

greets from austria

Scope,

i've first heard it on a hip hop show on viva or was it mtv (germany), can't remember.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i've listen to a lot of german prog/kraut

me too

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Xhol

Soul Caravans first LP is nice! Xhol sucks ass!

Xhol sucks ass!

i like the cover of Love Potion Number 9, Love Potion 25.

• wznwzn 16 Posts

can't think of any funky Dieter Reith outings. open drive is pure jazz. and most other lps are bad synth pop funk. he hardly ever recorded funk tracks. either jazz or synth pop.

Yeah,

I listened to the "Love & Fantasy" LP a while ago and was very disappointed. I expected some heavy Herbolzheimer-style jazz-funk and all I heard were strange synth-sounds over crappy beats. I wonder why this LP is alwasy so expensive .

I love that lp! But I think you must be into that sound to appreciate it, it's more of a mellow late 70s library/disco/synth thing.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

can't think of any funky Dieter Reith outings. open drive is pure jazz. and most other lps are bad synth pop funk. he hardly ever recorded funk tracks. either jazz or synth pop.

Yeah,

I listened to the "Love & Fantasy" LP a while ago and was very disappointed. I expected some heavy Herbolzheimer-style jazz-funk and all I heard were strange synth-sounds over crappy beats. I wonder why this LP is alwasy so expensive .

I love that lp! But I think you must be into that sound to appreciate it, it's more of a mellow late 70s library/disco/synth thing.

• butbutbut recordkingz are selling it for 50 - 75 GBP? it HAAAAAAAAS to be GOD, RIHGT BAITCHEZ?

Serous Haet fro Club Dj's, killer hiphop lops!!!

damn, i knew i need this, badly. grope, dojah, throw me a bone here!

nah, jk, but still...heard the funky gangbang tune on...lemme think...was funkvergn??gen vol. 2, i think, and liked it. now i need this badly. hahaha. anyone got a spare copy to trade for mad raer duisburger gospelgroup fuzz beat breaks? muahaha.

• are the "scope"?

nice track!

greets from austria

Scope,

ah....makes me wanna listen to one of my old dusty tapes again, stf's "ich und mc bibabutz". yeeeha. if anyone could hook me up with a more decent copy then mine (which is a noisy tape! so it shouldn't be hard)...it would be soooo appreciated! mach ma fast forward.[/b]

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

ah....makes me wanna listen to one of my old dusty tapes again, stf's "ich und mc bibabutz". yeeeha. if anyone could hook me up with a more decent copy then mine (which is a noisy tape! so it shouldn't be hard)...it would be soooo appreciated! mach ma fast forward.[/b]

my old MC friend from High School had a copy. He had some very rare and good German and US hip hop. But he turned into a Bible guy, moved to Brazil and when he came back, he dumped all his records (records are evil - hip hop is evil). Before he dumped them, he used a knive to scratch them... i was mad at him. some dope records. all originals. all worth a lot of money!

• come on now kids! peace now is not a good tune. honesty, the song is pretty bad. and udo's singing sucks too. what a cheesy tune! james last like style!

... that is to say about a lot of "top notch" soul classics.

I have to admit that the production of the original "peace now" version is much badder than for all the cover versions I have as well as the breaks are pretty weak with udo??s version in comparison to the others.

Still what??s left has energy and dancefloor potential -

so all in all

you can??t argue about taste ;-)

Seb

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    Some of my favorite German LP's (some funky, some not)

Sahib Shihab: Companionship (Vogue)
    Sahib Shihab: Seeds (Vogue)
    Tony Scott: Djanger Bali (Saba)
    Wolfgang Dauner: The Oimels (MPS)
    Can: Tago Mago (UA)
    Can: Ege Bamyasi (UA)
    Sinto: Sonho Negro (Amayana)
    Nathan Davis Quartet: Rules Of Freedom (Polydor)
    Clarke-Boland Sextett: Swing Im Bahnhof (CBS)

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

one of my favorites!!!

i'm currently selling this one on soulstrut, but people seem to prefer ill stabz and moody loops over good music.

• Some of my favorite German LP's (some funky, some not)

Sahib Shihab: Companionship (Vogue)
    Sahib Shihab: Seeds (Vogue)
    Tony Scott: Djanger Bali (Saba)
    Can: Tago Mago (UA)
    Can: Ege Bamyasi (UA)
    Nathan Davis Quartet: Rules Of Freedom (Polydor)
    Clarke-Boland Sextett: Swing Im Bahnhof (CBS)

... not to forget about "Yogi Jazz" and Michael Naura "European Jazz Sounds ??64"