X-MEN.....ehhhh

124»

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Batmon - I was under the impression that you were referring to "sci-fi/superhero" as a single hybrid genre, not an either/or thing. I think there's a lot that can be said in a good science fiction film, but it's most likely not going involve anyone wearing tights.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    How the hell can a Pharmaceutical corporation build its offices on Alcatraz?

dont forget this is a movie about mutants.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i just watched this yesterday. yeah the lines were mad corny and halle berry is soft but i was entertained by the action

QUESTION TO COMIC FANS

can you recommend one of those superhero encyclopedias where they have every superhero listed along with their stats (superpowers, what issue they first appeared in, height, blah blah)? i am a little dudette when it comes to superheros especially all the different mutants in x-men.

thanks

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    i just watched this yesterday. yeah the lines were mad corny and halle berry is soft but i was entertained by the action

QUESTION TO COMIC FANS

can you recommend one of those superhero encyclopedias where they have every superhero listed along with their stats (superpowers, what issue they first appeared in, height, blah blah)? i am a little dudette when it comes to superheros especially all the different mutants in x-men.

thanks

Aud - try Wikipedia. You'd be surprised how thoro that site can be for comic book biographies and what not. Just be prepared for much over how complicated/convoluted shit gets.

I was just catchingup on the whole "John Sublime" super-villain and I'm sorry - that shit is just beyond rational thought. Not because it's too confusing, it's just mega-unnecessary. I thought the whole Apocalypse/Mr. Sinister shit was already off the wall but a sentient bacterial lifeform that has existed since primordial times? I mean, seriously?

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

QUESTION TO COMIC FANS

thanks

Aud - try Wikipedia. You'd be surprised how thoro that site can be for comic book biographies and what not. Just be prepared for much over how complicated/convoluted shit gets.

thanks oliver. i'm not needing info on any specific superhero, but i think it would be fun to have one of these books as reference and just leaf through. i am just not sure what title to look for. i think marvel publishes an official reference book?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    There's the Marvel Universe but 1) I don't know when that was last updated and 2) it wasn't one book. It was like...20 of them!

You're best off going to the Marvel Universe website and looking up info there...but again, Wikipedia is not a bad alternative at all.

QUESTION TO COMIC FANS

thanks

thanks oliver. i'm not needing info on any specific superhero, but i think it would be fun to have one of these books as reference and just leaf through. i am just not sure what title to look for. i think marvel publishes an official reference book?

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    but psylocke was pretty hot.

Huh? I must have been asleep. I didn't see Psylocke anywhere???

isn't that psylocke on the right? at least that's who she's credited as.

I don't know, but on the left, Kool Keith is sporting an intriguing new look

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I think there's a lot that can be said in a good science fiction film, but it's most likely not going involve anyone wearing tights.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I'mma start calling you Ironmon.