X-MEN.....ehhhh

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    **SKEET ALERT**

No doubt................

U gotta check her in SHE HATE ME........dvd extras have her $#@^%$#

I was genuinely shocked at how much I liked this flick.
    Being an X-Men fan since #98, I gotta say this one was definitely for the fans.
    And in that regard it was MUCH better than the 1st 2 films put together IMO.
    That's what kinda shocked me about it. I feel Synger was/is the much better director and that Ratner is nothing more than a hack. And yes, dialogue was corny (though ya gotta love "I'm the Juggernaught bitch").
    but overall it was fun fun fun and a LOT MORE like the actual comic than anything they've given us before.

The character interplay for X3 was terrible. I revisited X2 last night,and the pacing, story, drama, and acting/screenplay was far superior to X3.
    These movies are never "for the fans".

Fan shit....
    1)Juggernaut is not a mutant, so he shouldnt have lost his powers around Leech.

2)Fine, u did "Phoenix", but no energy bird image/no fire references at all?
    The end scene was wack. Magneto could move a bridge, but all she could do is turn Alcatraz into a water slide...GTFOHWTB. They cant do the planet-cosuming shit, but could we get something more impressive than making Wolverine decay.WTF

3)Iceman finally looks like Iceman for just 3 fuckin seconds.Plus the Pyro fight was fartjuice. C'mon make an ice fist, make a fire bird. Could we see a shape or two please.

4)Colossus gets 10/20 seconds..........GTFOHWTB! Couldnt he has really have one thrash out scene w/ him takin out Morlocks.

5) The Death of Scott Summers/Cyclops was the most doo-dooist dumbshit.The only pass I give them is that it lets Storm assume leadership and it "shows" how evil Jean Grey iz. But this shit never happens in the comic.

That Fan shit is null and void. Ratner directed this shit like a music video.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

The character interplay for X3 was terrible. I revisited X2 last night,and the pacing, story, drama, and acting/screenplay was far superior to X3.
    These movies are never "for the fans".

Fan shit....
    1)Juggernaut is not a mutant, so he shouldnt have lost his powers around Leech.

2)Fine, u did "Phoenix", but no energy bird image/no fire references at all?
    The end scene was wack. Magneto could move a bridge, but all she could do is turn Alcatraz into a water slide...GTFOHWTB. They cant do the planet-cosuming shit, but could we get something more impressive than making Wolverine decay.WTF

3)Iceman finally looks like Iceman for just 3 fuckin seconds.Plus the Pyro fight was fartjuice. C'mon make an ice fist, make a fire bird. Could we see a shape or two please.

4)Colossus gets 10/20 seconds..........GTFOHWTB! Couldnt he has really have one thrash out scene w/ him takin out Morlocks.

5) The Death of Scott Summers/Cyclops was the most doo-dooist dumbshit.The only pass I give them is that it lets Storm assume leadership and it "shows" how evil Jean Grey iz. But this shit never happens in the comic.

That Fan shit is null and void. Ratner directed this shit like a music video.

I'm feelin' a lot of your beefs here, BATMON, but the film cost 165 mil as it is. If they'd have done a lot of the special effects schitt that would've made it truer to the comics it would've probably bumped that total up to 250-300 mil or something crazy. There are just financial limits to what you can do in a movie. I would've liked to have seen it be more like the comic too, believe me. I'll still take it the way Ratner did it, regardless.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

U gotta check her in SHE HATE ME........dvd extras have her $#@^%$#

I'm feelin' a lot of your beefs here, BATMON, but the film cost 165 mil as it is. If they'd have done a lot of the special effects schitt that would've made it truer to the comics it would've probably bumped that total up to 250-300 mil or something crazy. There are just financial limits to what you can do in a movie. I would've liked to have seen it be more like the comic too, believe me. I'll still take it the way Ratner did it, regardless.

I know there were limit$$, but all that good action built up to a LOVESTORY!!!!

A LOVESTORY..................

A L O V E S T O R Y.

X 1 = Star Wars
    X 2 = Empire
    X 3 = Jedi

A LOVE STORY.......................I need a cryin baby graemlin...

Ps...........I was the loudest Black dude in the Black theatre......

No homo(-phobe), but just my observation.

The whole X men thing is more brokeback than those two hobbits. Wasn't there a side plot about one of the characters nervous about coming out to his parents in the first or second film?

This one has people being cured of their gayness, errrr, I mean mutation.

What will the next one being about, mutants being allowed to marry.

Is this a negative?

The X-Men is about the "outsider". This is why it appeals to the public.

U can substitute the gay shit w/ any oppressed group.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

The whole X men thing is more brokeback than those two hobbits. Wasn't there a side plot about one of the characters nervous about coming out to his parents in the first or second film?

Is this a negative?

The X-men was originally intended to be a statement of some sort on the Civil Rights movement that was in full swing in 1963 when Stan Lee & Jack Kirby came up with the concept. Prof. X = Martin Luther King, Magneto = Malcolm X.

The X-men was originally intended to be a statement of some sort on the Civil Rights movement that was in full swing in 1963 when Stan Lee & Jack Kirby came up with the concept. Prof. X = Martin Luther King, Magneto = Malcolm X.

No doubt.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Total "ehhhh". My biggest problem was they took all the biggest X-Men arcs and turned them into ONE 90 minute movie. WTF?! Wayyyyyyyyy too much happened you can't even appreciate it!#!@!

*************** SPOILER ALERT******************

FOR EXAMPLE:

1) Cyclops dies.
    2) Xavier "dies".
    3) Jean Grey comes back (dark pheonix).
    4) Magneto looses his powers (I wonder if they'll incorporate more of the House of M storyline if they make another one).
    5) Rogue gives up her powers.
    6) Jean Grey dies.
    7) Mystique looses her powers and is kicked out of the brotherhood.

Like fuck, those are 7 fairly epic things to happen in a movie. And for ALL OF THOSE TO HAPPEN IN ONE MOVIE IS TOO MUCH.

You don't even have time to appreciate them. And they don't give them enough time to flush them out. Total commodification.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Total "ehhhh". My biggest problem was they took all the biggest X-Men arcs and turned them into ONE 90 minute movie. WTF?! Wayyyyyyyyy too much happened you can't even appreciate it!#!@!

i did not see it yet so I've been avoiding the spoilers, but I remeber hen we discussing the x3 a while ago i thought they should do the morlock/social rejection angle first and then the Phoenix/outerspace thing after

I guess they squeezed it all in which is stupid given the fact they had strong character development to build on (beast)

I guess the next one is the time travel Bishop one

who will play bishop

The Rock!

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    I've never seen any of the X-Men flicks. Was super X-Men fanboy for about 10 years as a youth. When I saw this cat they picked to be Wolverine, I said "fuck that bullshit". Little scrawny ass dude. THey shoulda had Danzig play him like they were supposed to.

Plus, why do they change up all the chronology of characters from the comics? Angel in the third movie? He was one of the original five.

Shit just looks mad Brokeback in general. The new one does look semi-interesting. Someone sell me on why I should fuck w/ these films.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

Shit just looks mad Brokeback in general. The new one does look semi-interesting. Someone sell me on why I should fuck w/ these films.

its half-half with this franhise

Good half
    Good action, some stuff for the fans (cool characters and effects..night kraler for example) and nice occasional cinematography (dare I say)

Bad half

Corn syrup touchy feely shit, rushed storylines

example of this is the end of X2

I love that ice water with fire phoenix symbol under (nicely shot metaphor scene)

and then they cut to a wack ass seen where wolverine pickup a young boy ''it's goin to be alright''

But i mean the same goes for spiderman and other decent (no daredevil/elektra) comic movies

they stick to the story and put an effort (casting) for the fans but are knee deep in the studio formula (huge budget related summer flickness)

so you get what you get

same will probably go down for spidey3

Plus, why do they change up all the chronology of characters from the comics? Angel in the third movie? He was one of the original five.

No super hero movie duplicates the comic book. Only Sin City did this. Liberties are always going to be taken. They are not going to do the original team because that would omit Wolverine, who is has been the X-MEN's cash cow since .................

Along w/ Spider Man, the X men movies are the best in the genre.
    I think you should peep all 3 movies. But if your a fanboy lookin' for a literal translation of the book, it aint
    gonna happen.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    When I saw this cat they picked to be Wolverine, I said "fuck that bullshit". Little scrawny ass dude.

This is excactly why I didn't like the X-Men movies from the get-go. Getting a loverboy like Hugh Jackman to play one of my favorites just doesn't cut it. Logan is supposed to be a little (as in short), hairy and grimy guy, and Jackman is too tall, smooth and handsome for the part.

I've seen all the 3 X-men movies, simply because the old Marvel fanboy in me forces me to do so, and of all the Marvel adaptations in recent years, they have been my least favorite. Digging into a big superhero team with so many potential characters is bound to result in a clusterfuck with faces and storylines fighting for screentime. I think solo guys like Spiderman are easier to put to film with a decent result.

Still, there are good moments in all 3 that had me going "wow" and reliving some of the excitement of reading the comics. Juggernaut was the shit!

And yeah, Dania Ramirez is hot, but I must admit I've had a soft spot for Famke Janssen ever since she thigh-strangled lusty men in "Golden Eye".

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    A LOVE STORY.......................I need a cryin baby graemlin...

This is the best I have:

• djJazzOnedjJazzOne 302 Posts

Is this a negative?

There was a lot of leather being worn.

Is this a negative?

There was a lot of leather being worn.

Takes one to know one.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    the only time we would have seen a good adaptation of the x-men would have been when cameron was slated to direct.singer did a ok job, and ratner just straight shitted all over the series.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i enjoyed it. it took me back to when i was ten years old and read comic books.

a lot of you guys are sounding like ass hurt dorks right now. it's fun to pick apart the differences from the book to the movie, but you can't seriously expect them to follow those storylines to a t. Do you really want them to delve into the shi'ar or juggaknots magic crystals or whatever? Nobody cares about that shit.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

a lot of you guys are sounding like ass hurt dorks right now.

A shocking turn of events. Simply shocking.

i enjoyed it. it took me back to when i was ten years old and read comic books.

a lot of you guys are sounding like ass hurt dorks right now. it's fun to pick apart the differences from the book to the movie, but you can't seriously expect them to follow those storylines to a t. Do you really want them to delve into the shi'ar or juggaknots magic crystals or whatever? Nobody cares about that shit.

I never expect a direct translation, dont get it twisted.
    A wack screenplay is a wack screenplay period. I can separate the book from movie, no asshurt over here. U seem to have a different standard for this genre.
    I'm a grown ass man who doesnt need to feel like a teenager to enjoy a good SciFi/superhero flick.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Where the f*ck is Gambit?

Where the f*ck is Gambit?

Gambit and Bishop are not core members. Sorry.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I'm a grown ass man who doesnt need to feel like a teenager to enjoy a good SciFi/superhero flick.

Other than nostalgia what could a grown man possibly take from a scifi/superhero movie?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    that is to say, if you had no prior emotional attachment to these characters why would you be interested in them?

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Pure entertainment?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    escapism

Other than nostalgia what could a grown man possibly take from a scifi/superhero movie?

What would you get from

Planet of the Apes
    Spiderman
    Silent Running
    Matrix
    Day the Earth stood Still
    Metropolis
    12 Monkeys
    Daredevil
    Sincity
    X-MEN
    Equilibrium.

Your whole notion that this genre is for children is a antiquated idea.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Wtf? You consider Planet of the Apes and 2001 to be superhero[/b] movies?

also dude... Daredevil??!?

Wtf? You consider Planet of the Apes and 2001 to be superhero[/b] movies?

R.I.F.

And I'm not gonna waste my time defending Daredevil.I have no problem being in the minority with that one.