X-MEN.....ehhhh

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
Without giving the ending/plot away, I must say that the story was underdeveloped.1 - 10 . 7.5There were many hot scenes, but the overall story left my jimmy soft.Ill really complain after a couple of cats start talkin' about this film.

Comments

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    "charles always said he wanted to build bridges"

"hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"

Rogue?

Storms dialogue was awful as usual.

I heard the film was bad, already, so I ended up liking it a bit more than I expected. And I never thought I'd say it but Kelsey Grammer was the shit!

And Angel has always been a lame character

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    "I'm the Juggernaut, you Bitch!!!"

And Angel has always been a lame character

Ill disagree w/ that but he was just for show in the movie. I wanted him to join the battle.

Do you have the inside track on why Nightcrawler was delted from the roster?

Do you have the inside track on why Nightcrawler was delted from the roster?

They did not want 3 blue characters in the movie. They wanted the audience to focus on Kelsey's Beast.

The XMEN video game explains why he leaves the group. The game story is the pre-cursor to the movie.

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts
    ehhh indeed. 6/10.

ehhh indeed. 6/10.

Dont get me wrong there were some fuckin' incredible scenes, but the way it was woven was crazy loose.

• can't be worse than the Da Vinci Code tho..

I've seen plays better than that movie.. honest to god.. plays

can't be worse than the Da Vinci Code tho..

That's a whole 'nother thread. I'm sure alot of cats ran out to that flick, due to the popularity of the book.

He needed more screen time.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

That part was
    I agree with most of the complaints with the flick. But the effects and action were enough to make me enjoy it anyway.

Fine as Halle may be, her as Ororo is just . That role had Angela Basset written all over it.

Warren Worthington is mad

Were all those scrungy-ass mutants really from the comics, like the porcupine asian dude and the swift black chick? I vaguely remember that society of outcast mutants who lived in the sewers, but I don't recall those particular characters from back when I was still into comic books.

That part was
    I agree with most of the complaints with the flick. But the effects and action were enough to make me enjoy it anyway.

Fine as Halle may be, her as Ororo is just . That role had Angela Basset written all over it.
    TOO DAMN OLD[/b]

Were all those scrungy-ass mutants really from the comics, like the porcupine asian dude and the swift black chick? I vaguely remember that society of outcast mutants who lived in the sewers, but I don't recall those particular characters from back when I was still into comic books.

Yes,the Morlocks & Callisto appeared during the Paul Smith run. Look above. But she was a caucasoid. Caliban,Sunder,and other mofos were indeed sewer dwellers.
    Callisto and Storm went at it and Storm won, become leader of the Morlocks.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Juggernaut was fucking BAD ASS.

I like the movie. The dialog was corny as fuck, but the action was fun. wee!

Juggernaut was fucking BAD ASS.

No doubt, but you know he's not a mutant.

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts
    i know movies have to take liberties but i think this one went a little too far. the opening scene was total dick-tease (no spoiler). i do agree, though, kelsey grammar was good but i think the kitty pryde character was pretty much on the money.

not terrible, not great. doesn't help that i was criminally obsessed w/ the x-men growing up.

i know movies have to take liberties but i think this one went a little too far.

I guess they didnt have time to do the real Phoenix/Cosmic entity.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Dania Ramirez is

TOO DAMN OLD[/b]

Yeah, probably so now, but not when the 1st X-Men movie came out and definitely not when they were first talking about who should be cast as Storm. Everybody was saying Angela Bassett back then. Schitt, even old as she may be now she'd fit the role better than Halle IMO. Halle is better eye candy (even though her ass is starting to get old too), but Angela's still in better shape as far as muscularity and all that, and she has a far more regal presence about her than Halle ever will. Halle bears absolutely no resemblence to the Storm we know from the comics, in looks or mannerisms.
    Plus, look at how they freshened up Xavier and Magneto for that one flashback scene. If need be, they could've done that for Bassett, too. But the bottom line is that Halle = younger, prettier, more light-skinneded = bigger box office draw (I guess).

Yes,the Morlocks & Callisto appeared during the Paul Smith run. Look above. But she was a caucasoid. Caliban,Sunder,and other mofos were indeed sewer dwellers.
    Callisto and Storm went at it and Storm won, become leader of the Morlocks.
    Right, the Morlocks! I remember now. I probably still have all of those original issues in a box somewhere. I still don't remember porcupine dude, though. Gotta pull out my old issues.

i know movies have to take liberties but i think this one went a little too far.

I guess they didnt have time to do the real Phoenix/Cosmic entity.

Only so much you can fit into a 104 minute movie.
    DAMN that cover is taking me back. 1980??? Wowwwwww... 26 years ago. Unbelievable. I remember when that whole Dark Phoenix saga first came out like it was yesterday. That was a good time for comics, with stuff like that and Frank Miller's work on Daredevil and the Wolverine miniseries.

I still don't remember porcupine dude, though.

I dony know who he was either. I stopped checkin the X-Men around the late 90's/early millenium. Wolverine became Marvel's Barney.

I was hoping to see Cyclops,Jean Grey,Iceman,Angel,and Beast in the same room.

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts
    Only so much you can fit into a 104 minute movie.

i really didn't have beef with that at all. i always thought the phoenix story-line was kinda day's of our lives-ish.

• djJazzOnedjJazzOne 302 Posts
    No homo(-phobe), but just my observation.

The whole X men thing is more brokeback than those two hobbits. Wasn't there a side plot about one of the characters nervous about coming out to his parents in the first or second film?

This one has people being cured of their gayness, errrr, I mean mutation.

What will the next one being about, mutants being allowed to marry.

• paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts

I was genuinely shocked at how much I liked this flick.
    Being an X-Men fan since #98, I gotta say this one was definitely for the fans.
    And in that regard it was MUCH better than the 1st 2 films put together IMO.
    That's what kinda shocked me about it. I feel Synger was/is the much better director and that Ratner is nothing more than a hack. And yes, dialogue was corny (though ya gotta love "I'm the Juggernaught bitch").
    but overall it was fun fun fun and a LOT MORE like the actual comic than anything they've given us before.
    Also, stick around past the credits.

Awwwww, schitt... now I gotta go back and see it again. DAMMIT!!!

Can you include a spoiler. I don't want to havt to back to the theater, too!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

I was genuinely shocked at how much I liked this flick.
    Being an X-Men fan since #98, I gotta say this one was definitely for the fans.
    And in that regard it was MUCH better than the 1st 2 films put together IMO.
    That's what kinda shocked me about it. I feel Synger was/is the much better director and that Ratner is nothing more than a hack. And yes, dialogue was corny (though ya gotta love "I'm the Juggernaught bitch").
    but overall it was fun fun fun and a LOT MORE like the actual comic than anything they've given us before.

Semi-SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't read if you haven't seen and don't wanna know what you won't see.

I agree that it was much more like the comics this time round (very good) but too rushed and key facts glossed over (very bad). Over all I enjoyed it but was left a little flat. Ratner is a totally generic filmmaker, but it was still better than Fantastic Four!

Halle Berry is just too featherweight for Storm, said it a million times before. While she never ruins any of the films, it could have been a real star turn (ala Hugh Jackman and surprisingly, Kelsey Grammer) for someone who actually fit the role. Berry has no gravitas, no physical authority, and while Angela Basset may be a bit long in the tooth for Ororo, she still has a more powerful physique than Halle by a country mile, and is a more compelling actor too.

I though the Juggernaught was great, thought Phoenix was wasted on a contrived plot that didn't bother explaining anything and why introduce Bolivar Trask and
    NO SENTINELS???? Liked Colossus, agree he needed more screen time(and would it have killed them to give dude a Russian accent???). Really hate Pyro, but I always hated him in the comics too. What about the Blob? How easy is a huge fat guy?

Most wanted mutants for future films: Havoc, Proteus and Alpha Flight!

• ***********************SPOILER ALERT**********************

AFTER THE CREDITS ROLE,YOU SEE MOIRA MACTAGGART IN THE ROOM WITH THE MAN ON THE HOSPITAL BED (SAME GUY THAT XAVIER WAS ASKING THE STUDENTS IF IT WAS ETHICAL FOR A MUTANT TO ENTER HIS BRAIN AND USE HIS BODY NOW THAT HE IS BRAINDEAD). THE MANS HEAD MOVES SLIGHTLY AND CHARLES XAVIERS VOICE SAYS "MOIRA", AND SHE SAYS "CHARLES?"...SO PROFESSOR X COMES BACK TO LIFE JUST LIKE HE DID IT THE COMICS AT LEAST 10 TIMES. WELCOME PART 4.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    ***********************SPOILER ALERT**********************

AFTER THE CREDITS ROLE,YOU SEE MOIRA MACTAGGART IN THE ROOM WITH THE MAN ON THE HOSPITAL BED (SAME GUY THAT XAVIER WAS ASKING THE STUDENTS IF IT WAS ETHICAL FOR A MUTANT TO ENTER HIS BRAIN AND USE HIS BODY NOW THAT HE IS BRAINDEAD). THE MANS HEAD MOVES SLIGHTLY AND CHARLES XAVIERS VOICE SAYS "MOIRA", AND SHE SAYS "CHARLES?"...SO PROFESSOR X COMES BACK TO LIFE JUST LIKE HE DID IT THE COMICS AT LEAST 10 TIMES. WELCOME PART 4.

Yeah, I missed that, but I knew it was too pat to be over and done.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    **SKEET ALERT**