• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    butt rock

What? Like REM?

• butt rock

MEDIUM OG = braekbeat corrector

NOW MEDIUM OGRE = ASSASSIN OF SILENCE![/b]

(silence)

• progbeatzprogbeatz 451 Posts
    A lot less tedious egghead prog.Almost completely out of my system.

More spacey krautrock.

I'm really starting to dig folk,especially the UK psych/folk.

Basically less of the raucous,more of the mellow.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    classical chamber music. Is there a "So refined!" graemlin?

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    butt rock

MEDIUM OG = braekbeat corrector

NOW MEDIUM OGRE = ASSASSIN OF SILENCE![/b]

(silence)

you gets no buttrock dawgie

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    ^^^ Please report to rail heds no the dale?!?!?!?

I'm not down with the real, nor can I make sound files. Let's just say that it is pretty unique. Oh, and after you look it up in Poopsike, I'm sure even Reynaldo and NateBizzo are into it.

That's pretty much what I figured, that I would have a slim-to-no chance of running into that in the real world. But that's OK.

It's a known and raer record.

Luv N Haight had a EW Wainright track on their Limited edition 12" a few years ago (The Healer/Don't Break)

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Television's Marquee Moon - LATE PASS!

never too late for this!

I think the title track to this record (which I love) is punk rock's equivalent of "Do You Feel Like We Do." Just a theory.

• LordNOLordNO 202 Posts
    I raided the basement of an Indian cd store for about 30 somethin Bollywood records. I am now smoking trees, working on a research paper and lis to ost after ost..

My NOW taste is Bollywood: funky tablas, sometimes shrill (to my ears) vocal and strings, weird ass string arrangements, and occasional breaks that make me feel like I'm at the state fair, or I just won a video game and the arcade game is orgasming.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    I've been listening to a lot of 7" New Wave titles, as of late.

Also, as I've been in AZ for a bit, and have met some collectro's, I feel myself slipping into the Mexican-Psych realm.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I no longer care for modern soul and "boogie" type stuff. Now it's all about Led Zeppelin and other Grand Funk Railroad offshoots. I get excited at the dollar bin again.

Also liking these Skippy White 'fast rap' mix CDs.

fast rap??

SCOT FREE- HOLD IT DOWN mp3 beat's by blaz

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Really good.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    same shit from the past couple of years:
    soul/jazz/funk/afro/latin/reggae/hip-hop

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    less jazz and funk, mostly just listening to soul lately

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts

I've been into island funk lately. And straight steel drum melodies

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I hadn't been listening to as much hip hop as I used to, but yesterday Lonnie B played the alkaholics damn on his 12 o'clock throw back mix and I remembered how much I love that track. I went home and listened to the alkiholics first three lp's.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    less jazz and funk, mostly just listening to soul lately
    You're 'folked' out?

• slotbeggazzslotbeggazz 288 Posts
    3 words...latin jazz.

besides that the usual pretend to be underground hiphop, buyin every friggin cdr of unsigned shit i can get my hands on, cultivating mash ups,makin halfass beats & spinnin records etc...

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I took Dayglo Abortions' Feed Us A Fetus in the car the other day & it melted my face, I've had the same dubbed cassette copy for about 10 years & every year or two I 'rediscover' it & it melts my face all over again. I also listened to Descendents Somery the other night while cooking dinner, I love that band, but I hadn't listened to them for the longest time either. I'm sort of on a folk/country/alt. country/blues kick at the moment though, but that's probably more because of the book I'm reading at the moment "Country Roads: How Country Came To Nashville". Straight Outta Compton hasn't left the turntables this week either, I always wondered who the 6th dude on the cover was though??

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Last night I accidentally smoked grass while playing horace silver's song for my father LP and ended up getting melted face residue all over my slipmats. d'oh!

Teach me to accidentally smoke grass, please.

Speaking of UK folk, I'm listening to stuff like this:

Having listened to it, I now realise I have no ear for expensive folk. So I'm going to sell all of this stuff.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    that anne briggs is great. pretty much anything on topic is my now shit. white girl folk. and white girl blues like barbara dane.

im too poor to have a now sound though

• I like anything about crack.

*sound of Guzzo hurriedly bookmarking page for reference in future personal attacks*

done and done

for all those tired of modern soul please report to my PM box.

I'm fairly sick of all my Indian LP's, I got Bollywood for suckas out there ready to give up the jheri curl goodness

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    I always wondered who the 6th dude on the cover was though??

Arabian Prince. "brother arab" was his lp. according to wikipedia, his records are "in high demand nowadays"

• LordNOLordNO 202 Posts

Good Arabian Prince interview by Davey D. By extension a perpective on West Coast Electro/Funk.

http://www.odeo.com/audio/461377/view

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i only listen to the bee gees first 4 records now

• sneakypsneakyp 202 Posts
    i go through phases every few weeks...right now it's run dmc (i'm not sure why), tons of soul, and early 90s bay area rap. basically this shit right here

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=7BE39E477A63C744

i can't get enough of it. if anyone can put me up on more shit like this i would love it. maybe some early glp? i don't know what else because i didn't grow up in the bay. That's all i want to hear right now though.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    i only listen to the bee gees first 4 records now

they get better after that

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    [SHAMELESS PLUG][/b]

I like anything about hard crack candy.

hearing the word "crack"
    Go straight to the 1:02 mark

[/SHAMELESS PLUG][/b]

as far as my NOW sound...

EL MICHAELS AFFAIR is all I need to be hearing right now, between their cover of "Walk On By," (better than the Isaac Hayes version?) and that new Shaolin Soul 7".