Cheapest lot of wax evar

G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
So I'm leaving work in an hour to start hauling my new "weekday find" of 2500-3000 12"s and LPs mostly 80s and 90s r&b, rap and dance from a reputable dealer for.....$100. 100 fuckin washingtons. that's a steal. I'll make 5 times that selling off what I don't want to keep. This is shaping up to be a great 2sday for me.

Comments

• mojoworkinmojoworkin 283 Posts
    Oh yeah? Well, this one time I had sex with a girl!

It was online though, so I'm not certain.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    sorry i was a little excited. i had to tell somebody. anybody in my immediate vicinity who would know anything about wax would wanna come over and pick through so i have to keep quiet unti li get it all safe and sound in my apartment.

• mojoworkinmojoworkin 283 Posts
    Dude, I'm kidding.

You think anyone on here wouldn't get excited about a haul like that?

That's the beauty of this site - we all go apeshit over a recorded medium that 99% of the world thinks is obsolete and worthless!

it's quite nerdish isn't it. but damn if you can't pimp nerddom to chicks who think hip hop is "cool".

"hey girl, you ever got busy on a pile of hip hop 12"s?"

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    So I'm leaving work in an hour to start hauling my new "weekday find" of 2500-3000 12"s and LPs mostly 80s and 90s r&b, rap and dance from a reputable dealer for.....$100. 100 fuckin washingtons. that's a steal. I'll make 5 times that selling off what I don't want to keep. This is shaping up to be a great 2sday for me.

Good luck with your MC Hammer lot

Good luck with your MC Hammer lot

nah. i know the dealer. he wouldn't do that. he already said i'll be pretty happy with it. even if there's 100 hammer dont huertems its ok cuz i have a dumpster right behind my house.

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    wow... congrats, man! funny thing is that dude was probably just as happy as you to get rid of it. cool how all works out like that sometimes.

and even if it is mc hammer... you could start your own record-bowl factory.

yeah he needs the space badly. he has a little bookshop/record store and he doesn't sell a lot of dance/hip hop outta there so it makes sense. he inheritted this collection from a store that closed down out east in aurora i believe (which means nothing to anybody not from colorado), so it's not like he's losing money. he just don't want the shit. i might not either. but for $100 it'll be worth it to go "digging" in my own house for a month or so. record bowls are the good look for 2006. and record hats. plus i'll end up with some extra white sleeves, i'm sure.

• BlightyBlighty 225 Posts
    Can you post pictures please. Can you start off with pictures of full boxes of records and then slowly pull the records out and display them in different positions. Maybe you could pull a few out of their sleeves so we can see the labels. Maybe get some close up shots so we can see those spindle marks.

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts
    Can you post pictures please. Can you start off with pictures of full boxes of records and then slowly pull the records out and display them in different positions. Maybe you could pull a few out of their sleeves so we can see the labels. Maybe get some close up shots so we can see those spindle marks.

Damn you guys are some crazy fogged up fetishists,
    thats what i like about this place