Soul Gospel 2 - tracklisting

124»

Comments

• Options
    More traditional track I can't stop listening to.

I'll Go back home

K in Canada.

• Options
    Jazz dance Motherless Child

K in Canada.

• so are these tracks all potential candidates for the Soulstrut gospel comp?

if so I need to step my game up. Some serious fiyah being brought up here.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Liner notes:

In short, we are trying to offer our fellowmen a different kind of music. Here we think you will find music that the black man can more easily relate to. Also music that he can more fervently worship by, because it is the music of the black mind.

Are we speaking only to the black man through these grooves? No sir! Our album offers the white man a chance, an option to enrich and indeed broaden his own experience. We think our music will awaken him to a chance for successful and enriching change.

-The Fabulous Tapps

Too bad the album isn't as good as the liner notes...

• TenyuTenyu 30 Posts

Not everyday you hear that about a top 5 sweet soul LP.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts

This is what I like about you, mate - you're consistant

I kinda agree with Breakself. Looks raer, sounds raer....as a whole, yeah, I'ld pick it up for cheap.....but it's not a heater as a complete LP IMO.

Just OK-ish.

• TenyuTenyu 30 Posts

This is what I like about you, mate - you're consistant

I kinda agree with Breakself. Looks raer, sounds raer....as a whole, yeah, I'ld pick it up for cheap.....but it's not a heater as a complete LP IMO.

Just OK-ish.

Did you try listening in high fidelity off my site? Don't let the low mix fool you there's no flip flopping on this like the Sims Brothers LP, souljazz will have tough time topping it in vol 3.

I'm all jealous over your new Prophecy LP, Rance Allenish but even better, was hoping to offer 200uk never thought would get a bid. I got their early 7ts 45 tucked away crazy sweet too.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

Well, it's not everyday you hear a mediocre gospel record touted as a top five sweet soul album either.

Truth be told, I was really just trying to ruffle your feathers. After all, I did buy the album, so I must have found something redeeming about it. Then again, I prefer hoarding records to listening to them, so perhaps I'm not the best person to ask about this sort of thing.

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts
    do you guys like Bobby Fulton at all?

• down_beatdown_beat 57 Posts
    vol. 3 is still in track submission stage, and I'm sure I saw a Tapps track on there.

Ah, so it was probably some Soul Jazz prick who outbid me?

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    vol. 3 is still in track submission stage, and I'm sure I saw a Tapps track on there.

Probably not mate - the compiler Dave has had his copy for a while now. When was the auction - the one from a couple of months back?

Southland singers 1
    Southland singers 2
    Robert Vanderbilt

Great selection posted up already so thought I'd share a little. Many many more out there. BTW, what's that "Watchin you" track Tenyu? I know it from one of your mixes. (And what's yr Hollygrove web address? It ain't googling yet)

BJL should be consulted for this stuff, he has far far too much of it. Belson, do you know him, surely?

Probably not mate - the compiler Dave has had his copy for a while now. When was the auction - the one from a couple of months back?

A few weeks back. "Patience, you need". The swearing was more to do with my afternoon mood.

• TenyuTenyu 30 Posts
    Cal,

You have an extra of the Robert Vanderbilt? URL http://www.hollygroverecords.com it doesn't google because we're switching hosts this week and its still propogating, explains why the shopping cart is down temporarily.

Somebody's Watching You is on this LP had a 45 issue too.

I do have an extra copy if anyone's interested.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

i love this cover! seriously im 4 for 5 on them being really good gospel pieces. the willie banks is the only one that pops into my head but theres a female one i really like too. anyway... take a chance on this picture.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Still need that yellowish Ramada Singers joint in a bad way...

• TenyuTenyu 30 Posts

i love this cover! seriously im 4 for 5 on them being really good gospel pieces. the willie banks is the only one that pops into my head but theres a female one i really like too. anyway... take a chance on this picture.

Big in my home state Indiana, check the Heavenly Five.