Soul Gospel 2 - tracklisting

Comments

• Options
    i think this is definitely better than the first one. better tunes for sure. i guess id just like to see a gospel comp of JUST gospel artists. theyre just the first to do it so of course they wont do it right yet. maybe the third one will be even better.

Again, SJ has done a brilliant job branding themselves, and I commend them for that. If you're posting here, chances are they will never do anything deep enough for you. If you think you can do it better, do it.

im sure a few of us on here can do a real solid one but i too am glad that they started doing this. id do the next one for SJ or anyone else who is down to do it. gospel still scares a lot of people though.

my sentiments exactly.

If the majority of us gospel heads werent also potheads I thnk we could make a series of facemelting gospel comps.

Soufriere:[/b] That version "Keep My Light In My Window" is pretty good. I have a feeling I've seen that NYCC album quite it a bit actually and always passed it up cause of the "CC" part of their name. This is a fairly common LP, no?

Yeah man. Easy sell at a record fair, hard sell on the net. Great tune - I kept one of the 12's.

K.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    Yeah hi Breakself!!!

PS: Belson this is my super secret squirrel so please no PMs for track IDs

i love this record. i think this is pretty well known too. you should also know that the group and title show up in the link.

• francislaifrancislai 371 Posts
    Yeah hi Breakself!!!

secret squirrel on blast!!!

• Yeah hi Breakself!!!

but yes the S*** S********** are a legendary gospel group

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    Yeah hi Breakself!!!

i love this record. i think this is pretty well known too. you should also know that the group and title show up in the link.

Oopsy - I thought he was joking with the squirrel comment....

Nice track, natch.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Yeah hi Breakself!!!

but yes the S*** S********** are a legendary gospel group

they also have an instrumental B-3 track with a huge break on the "In God's Hands" LP on HOB.

• kidinquisitivekidinquisitive 1,627 Posts
    What's up guys? I'm listening to The Holy Lights on Savoy for the first time and having my dome blown. This does not sound like it was recorded in 1976,

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    What's up guys? I'm listening to The Holy Lights on Savoy for the first time and having my dome blown. This does not sound like it was recorded in 1976,

This one, J***e?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    PS Tenyu just told me he's waiting for his soulstrut registration to be approved...

YOU

ARE

NOT

READY

No, I believe it's an earlier one. I couldn't find a photo online but it's a stock cover of the sun setting on a lake with some foliage in the foreground. The Holy Lights Of Baltimore, MD. "It's Getting Late"

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Who is T*nyu???

tenyu is the one who will school us all on gospel raer...

C'mon Justin, we all know that's your job!

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Yeah hi Breakself!!!

Oopsy - I thought he was joking with the squirrel comment....

Nice track, natch.

haha, no this is relatively super-common, appearing on 45 and at least 2 other LPs I have by them. I got the 45 on Gemm for $4 and some lucky bugger got it as a $2 Buy It Now.

But it's still slept on!

naw man... i put up one super list of gospel LP titles for yall... the rest is up to those that want to keep passing on the knowledge. i dont give away titles anymore. gotta come to the crib to get your learn on!

• tenyu is the one who will school us all on gospel raer...

naw man... i put up one super list of gospel LP titles for yall... the rest is up to those that want to keep passing on the knowledge. i dont give away titles anymore. gotta come to the crib to get your learn on!

don't test

Yo Guzzo, peep this: A href="http://download.yousendit.com/EEDF9B3537029ADB" target=_blank> Private Jheri Curl Gospel Raer /A>/FONT>/STRONG>BR>

• Yo Guzzo, peep this: A href="http://download.yousendit.com/EEDF9B3537029ADB" target=_blank> Private Jheri Curl Gospel Raer /A>/FONT>/STRONG>BR>

I'll be checking that when I get home.

Speaking on Jheri Curl Gospel Raer, Justin posted the Followers of Christ album from '83 (produced by DJ Rodgers) I found it a few days after and I gotta say that shit is jesus activator FIYAH
    (check Ebay for cheap buy it nows)

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    man now thats really really rigggggghhhhtttt.......

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    PS Tenyu just told me he's waiting for his soulstrut registration to be approved...

YOU

ARE

NOT

READY

Oh PLAESE let this happen sooner rather than later.

Did you guys know that James Brown invented gospel?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    So, are we actually gonna do this comp? I'd be down for a submission.

Here's one, just for the funk of it: Just Take It To Jesus

This one has straight-up sentimental value with me because I'd always play it when I went to my Grandparent's house. It was given to them by my great uncle who has since passed and I didn't want to ask for it because there's another song on here that my Grandma loves.

Anyway, I was very surprised today to realize that it was done by the legendary Esther Rolle.

Adam, this one's for you: I Can Feel Him Moving

• This one has straight-up sentimental value with me because I'd always play it when I went to my Grandparent's house. It was given to them by my great uncle who has since passed and I didn't want to ask for it because there's another song on here that my Grandma loves.

Anyway, I was very surprised today to realize that it was done by the legendary Esther Rolle.

Adam, this one's for you: I Can Feel Him Moving

Drewn, I'm thinking i we do liner notes this owuld make a wonderful story.

yet another track I'll be DLing when I get home.

PS Dr*w did you ever hear the poetry album Esther Rolle did on Savoy?

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

PS Dr*w did you ever hear the poetry album Esther Rolle did on Savoy?

Nah mayne, can you PM me some info?

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    Who is T*nyu???

for want of a better comparison, T*nyu is the Marcofunk of traditional modern funky black man gospel.

• PS Dr*w did you ever hear the poetry album Esther Rolle did on Savoy?

Nah mayne, can you PM me some info?

check the first edition of the ISH reviews it was one of the albums I went over.

really only a one tracker, I'll PM you the tune

And some of you will remember the Clark Sisters

Detroit, as well.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Thanks to Belson for reviving an idea of mine that withered away some time ago.

Watchin' You