abstract rude / ludacris / ciara song

Comments

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    Dude, dude, dude. Fat Joe has made a whole lot of money and has sold more records that each Blowedian has sold put together. Do you HONESTLY think he has an "axe to grind"?

I think being dissed at the Blowed holds a lot more significance for you than it does for most rappers. I've been hearing this since the 90s, when dudes would come up to the Bay and say, "yeah this weird spot in LA, a whole bunch of local rappers, they boo everyone. Who are they?"

You have such a chip on your shoulder when it comes to the Goodlife/Project Blowed. I don't know why...

Best excuse ever: "He's not biting...He has ghost writers."

Doesn't get much more pathetic than that.

Seriously, in my book Fat Joe = the worst rapper of all time...then and now.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Dude, dude, dude. Fat Joe has made a whole lot of money and has sold more records that each Blowedian has sold put together. Do you HONESTLY think he has an "axe to grind"?

I think being dissed at the Blowed holds a lot more significance for you than it does for most rappers. I've been hearing this since the 90s, when dudes would come up to the Bay and say, "yeah this weird spot in LA, a whole bunch of local rappers, they boo everyone. Who are they?"

You have such a chip on your shoulder when it comes to the Goodlife/Project Blowed. I don't know why...

What are you talking about? Dude, my comments above are REALITY. you should aquaint yourself with it sometime.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    And I'm still waiting for some citations on who in the South is not only doing double-time rhyming but doing so in patterns that were originally developed by the Blowed. I heard a random dude on Damage Control a few months back that sounded like Otherwize to me, but I can't really think of anyone else who has been as specific as Joe in their biting.

i don't know if they're 'biters' and i'm not exactly trasncribing cadences or anything, so maybe it's varied enough by your standards, but i can hear definite similarities to blowdians (mostly the cve/afterlife axis) in a ton of southern artists, notably early triple six, some of the mid 90s gangsta shit coming out of nola - mystikal, unlv. but i also think a lot of people in the blowed draw their influence from some of these heads, it's cyclical.

What are you talking about? Dude, my comments above are REALITY. you should aquaint yourself with it sometime.

Reality is not as angry as you are. And your trans Berkeley High-to-Wall Street smugness is obviously a front for something lacking in your life.

I'm kinda kidding with that...kinda not.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Why are you guys wasting your keystrokes on Archaic?

Seriously.

And I'm still waiting for some citations on who in the South is not only doing double-time rhyming but doing so in patterns that were originally developed by the Blowed. I heard a random dude on Damage Control a few months back that sounded like Otherwize to me, but I can't really think of anyone else who has been as specific as Joe in their biting.

i don't know if they're 'biters' and i'm not exactly trasncribing cadences or anything, so maybe it's varied enough by your standards, but i can hear definite similarities to blowdians (mostly the cve/afterlife axis) in a ton of southern artists, notably early triple six, some of the mid 90s gangsta shit coming out of nola - mystikal, unlv. but i also think a lot of people in the blowed draw their influence from some of these heads, it's cyclical.

I wouldn't call Three 6 nor Mystikal nor UNLV biters. Similar in style, yes. But biters, probably not.

Then again almost all Southern rap is greatly influenced by West Coast styles. And at the time that this new wave of Southern rappers started to emerge, the Goodlife was standing quite tall at the apex of West Coast style development.

And for you bitch-asses who need industry validation at every turn...Freestyle Fellowship, Volume 10, Neffertiti, Ganjah K, etc. were all jocked and signed by majors at the time.

Possibly just like it has taken like 10 years for the Screw style to finally break through...it has taken that long for some to realize that there is money in biting the Blowed. I say that of course without discounting that Bone had alreasy established that precedent.

Whatever though, everyone gets a pass nowadays just as long as they can point to inflated sales figures. And if you don't sell then you don't exist so shut up. How lovely.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Berkeley High-to-Wall Street smugness

I like this.

Why are you guys wasting your keystrokes on Archaic?

Seriously.

Fuck you. Or should I expect another apology from you? I swear, you and Jason Dozier are the most bi-polar fools I've ever encountered. You should both win an award for lots of hating.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    thanks for the shout, homie!!!!!

still fighting the good fight, i see.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I wouldn't call Three 6 nor Mystikal nor UNLV biters. Similar in style, yes. But biters, probably not.

Then again almost all Southern rap is greatly influenced by West Coast styles. And at the time that this new wave of Southern rappers started to emerge, the Goodlife was standing quite tall at the apex of West Coast style development.

but if you're able to attribute this looser linage to the styles of mystikal or three six, how come you're not able to do the same for luda or joe?

thanks for the shout, homie!!!!!

still fighting the good fight, i see.

How have I ever hate on anything you've ever done aside from hating on me?

but if you're able to attribute this looser linage to the styles of mystikal or three six, how come you're not able to do the same for luda or joe?

Luda's cooptation I would call a freak accident. He's got his own style which is similar enough to realize that when he is obviously experimenting with various styles as he does on "Oh" that it's excusable that for the duratiuon of like 4 lines that he sounds like Khule.

Fat Joe though...since he doesn't normally rhyme anything like Blowed artists, to have him suddenly come out with such a direct bite, it's inexcusable...especially considering his Goodlife past and the Crenshaw context of the video. Seriously, where other cliams of Blowed biting have been admitedly questionable, this is one where y'all should be going...OK, I can see that.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    My head hurts.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    This discussion has been had 100 times and nobody ever leaves convinced of the other's side. It's like a bad marriage or something.

-e

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

Hands up everyone who wanted to say this to Archaic.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts

• Bsides_Bsides_ 22 Posts
    Archaic bit the Blowed!!!

This discussion has been had 100 times and nobody ever leaves convinced of the other's side. It's like a bad marriage or something.

-e

According to many on here, noone has ever biten the Blowed because noone has ever heard of them.

That's about as true as when y'all potray me as saying that everyone and their grandmother has biten the Blowed.

Somewhere in between those 2 extremes...there is definitely some biting that has occured.

So if someone besides me would come up with a definitve list, I'd love to see it.

And yes, there's a certain chip on the shoulder that naturally comes with underdog status. On the flipside of that, the chip on Darth Vader's shoulder is nothing but evil.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Marley Marl jumped in a time machine and bit the Blowed!!!

DJ Shadow bit the Blowed!!!

Pharrell Williams bit the Blowed!!!

Salih Williams bit the Blowed?

DJ Shadow bit the Blowed!!!

Pharrell Williams bit the Blowed!!!

Salih Williams bit the Blowed?
    OMG, you just bit me biting Archaic biting the Blowed!!!

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    On the flipside of that, the chip on Darth Vader's shoulder is nothing but evil.

but

is?

Oh yeah........

Melle Mel bit the Blowed too.

• Am I the only dude on here that does not like that whole Freestyle Fellowship/Project Blowed/whatever whoever whenever style?. It always sounded fucked up to me. I do like Luda on the other hand..backpack revoked?

Am I the only dude on here that does not like that whole bebop/Charlie Parker whoever whenever style?. It always sounded fucked up to me. I do like Bob James on the other hand..Kangol revoked?

Am I the only dude on here that does not like that whole bebop/Charlie Parker whoever whenever style?. It always sounded fucked up to me. I do like Bob James on the other hand..Kangol revoked?

• ehuffmanehuffman 302 Posts
    Am I the only dude on here sucking from the Project Blowed cock?. I would love it if they fucked me. I do like Brian Austin Green's album on the other hand..90210 rapper raer?

• Am I the only dude on here sucking from the Project Blowed cock?. It would love it if they fucked me. I do like Brian Austin Green's album on the other hand..90210 rapper raer?

5 mics

Jon Hendricks' verse on "Couldburst" outshines Project Blowed's entire musical output.

Yup. The Blowed bit Jon Hendricks.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Jon Hendricks' verse on "Couldburst" outshines Project Blowed's entire musical output.
    Yup. The Blowed
    bit Jon Hendricks.

man, the fake Bsides puttin in WORK!

I think we both need some help with the avatar though.