GAS WOES

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
This shit is getting rediculous.

Comments

• JoshDJoshD 215 Posts
    60mph on the Freeway. Always

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Wife called and said it costs $12 more to fill the tank than it usually does.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Yes, I AM mad, doggie.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

up to 3.50$ in chicago. i cannot get with this.

• I think as of this morning (at least locally) all grades are $3.00 or more. DANG!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

up to 3.50$ in chicago. i cannot get with this.

DAMN!

I was complaing about the 3.01$ regular I pumped last night. $44 to fill a 2004 Altima is

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Americans are used to cheap gas for all of their dumb ass 10 mile to the gallon SUVs and now they flip out because gas is 3 dollars a gallon. Gas is sold by the liter in most of the world and costs around 5 to 6 dollars for the equivalent of a gallon. I hope gas gets a lot more expensive here and then people might finally start to look at what a waste it is to drive everywhere. Americans drive too often and are obsessed with having a car or worse yet an SUV. Every time I am in Tokyo I can ride the subway all over the city and I LOVE it! NO subway here in Seattle and the bus here is wack. We have to drive almost everywhere. Wifey and I have to own two cars just to be able to function in this area. Maintenance, gas, insurance and parking places for two cars = mad loot. $500 + a month and both cars are paid for
    I wish all major cities in the U.S. had a nice subway system.

• Price shot up 14 cents for regular this morning. They're thinking of reducing the speed limit to 55 in Jersey to be more gas efficient. It's either that or no more full service. Either way, summer trips are gonna have to be curbed.

• Options
    Get out while you can.

K.

• Rix22Rix22 67 Posts
    I pulled up to the pump this morning and the guy in front of me had pumped $111.36 worth of gas. That blew my mind!!!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I pulled up to the pump this morning and the guy in front of me had pumped $111.36 worth of gas. That blew my mind!!!

What was that fool driving?

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts

One of the main reasons I will never move from NYC, $76 unlimited monthly pass takes me everywhere on subway or bus. Too bad the automotive industry killed the railways, pushed the developments suburbs and major highway systems in the US during the 40s and 50s.

• Americans are used to cheap gas for all of their dumb ass 10 mile to the gallon SUVs and now they flip out because gas is 3 dollars a gallon. Gas is sold by the liter in most of the world and costs around 5 to 6 dollars for the equivalent of a gallon. I hope gas gets a lot more expensive here and then people might finally start to look at what a waste it is to drive everywhere. Americans drive too often and are obsessed with having a car or worse yet an SUV. Every time I am in Tokyo I can ride the subway all over the city and I LOVE it! NO subway here in Seattle and the bus here is wack. We have to drive almost everywhere. Wifey and I have to own two cars just to be able to function in this area. Maintenance, gas, insurance and parking places for two cars = mad loot. $500 + a month and both cars are paid for

Exactly. Get some perspective.

And/or a motorcycle.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Get out while you can.

K.

ahh if only we could all move to Canada, or a city with efficient public transportation

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I don't think gas is really that much. But then, I refuse to buy a car.

If you think how much you pay for a bottle of water. And it falls from the sky...

I'm more worried about taxes really (Which gas does apply). Since it was reported the other day that Canadians now pay on average, around 50% of all income to taxes of some sort. And thats only gonna go up...

Get ready bitches. It's gonna be one hell of a ride.

• Rix22Rix22 67 Posts

I hope he was flying an airplane for that much money!!!!

• I pulled up to the pump this morning and the guy in front of me had pumped $111.36 worth of gas. That blew my mind!!!

I hope he was flying an airplane for that much money!!!!

In what is becoming my latest pet peave with the evening 'news,' they will interview that chump complaining about how much it cost to fill up.

HEY DIPSHIT! Shouldn't have bought that Hummer, eh? I want to laugh at people who drive Hummers...Losers, all of them.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    This will help..if only a little.

http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=&src=Netx

i was talking to a kid i know about the economics of gas and he said gas, unlike produce (his example, not mine) cannot have a cost ceiling because there would be chaos. For example, if they dropped the prices down to something that made us all really happy ($1.50?) you would wait for an hour and a half to get your tank filled and the stations would keep running out. He showed me a graph too.

Don't take this as gas price defense, because that would be like rape defense. i understand where he is coming from, but hey man i'm not getting paid any more with gas at $3+ than i was when it was $2.30...[latifah]something's gotta give.[/latifah]

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    gasoline is cheaper than bottled water.

gas has to be drilled, pumped, refined, shipped, and distributed.

water falls out of the sky.

quit bitchin.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    This will help..if only a little.

http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=&src=Netx

i was talking to a kid i know about the economics of gas and he said gas, unlike produce (his example, not mine) cannot have a cost ceiling because there would be chaos. For example, if they dropped the prices down to something that made us all really happy ($1.50?) you would wait for an hour and a half to get your tank filled and the stations would keep running out. He showed me a graph too.

Dude, please show me that graph. People aren't gonna be lining up for gas so long as there isn't a huge shortage. Why would we be lining up? Gas would be so cheap that dudes would just drive up to the pump and let that shit overflow for a few gallons just to be a ?

The problem now is that people can't afford gas, so they are not even driving. Exxon made something like $10 billion in profits this QUARTER. Bush got elected cause of big business so he can't put the smack down on these companies for price gouging. If a dem was in office, you would not see prices this high.

• gasoline is cheaper than bottled water.

quit bitchin.

Actually I have a practically free, unlimited supply of potable water running from the faucets in my house. I wish I could say the same for gasoline (which I unfortunately have to[/b] purchase at gas stations....

• djrdjr 511 Posts

Nothing a $100 "gas relief" check won't fix.

WAHOO!!!!!

thinking from our Republican congress.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    gasoline is cheaper than bottled water.

quit bitchin.

Actually I have a practically free, unlimited supply of potable water running from the faucets in my house. I wish I could say the same for gasoline (which I unfortunately have to[/b] purchase at gas stations....

No, you still pay for that water (Just not at bottled prices)

And if you chose to drink it...

• gasoline is cheaper than bottled water.

quit bitchin.

No, you still pay for that water (Just not at bottled prices)

And if you chose to drink it...

I said practically free[/b], and our local water supply is actually quite good. This can't be said for many public water systems in Jersey.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    If a dem was in office, you would not see prices this high.

i don't agree with republicans as much as the next strutter but watcyh yourself with this man

World commodity economics...not so simple

The scramble for oil is about to get deeper...especially with china's rising needs next big thing is

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

One of the main reasons I will never move from NYC, $76 unlimited monthly pass takes me everywhere on subway or bus. Too bad the automotive industry killed the railways, pushed the developments suburbs and major highway systems in the US during the 40s and 50s.

Unfortunately for anything more than simple to-from commute a car in this city is pretty much a necessity... unless you are like K. and can bike it all over. I can't run my business without a car, period, point blank.

$3+ at the pump is gnarly, but it will get worse. And what's with reducing speed to optimize milage? My car performs better at 60-80 than 40-50...

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

WAHOO!!!!!

So was the 'tax deductible Hummer for busineses' ploy to bring up H2 sales

vs

we live in a world of extremes and contradictions

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

WAHOO!!!!!

Seriously. "Let's just give everbody a $100 bribe--that'll shut their collective piehole!" What a bunch of fucking cockknockers.

Speaking of cockknockers, Hummer owners need to stop their goddamn crying. I'd slash the tires of every Hummer I come across if I were slick enough to get away with it.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    I heard Faux had to keep the yacht docked.

• Seriously. "Let's just give everbody a $100 bribe--that'll shut their collective piehole!" What a bunch of fucking cockknockers.

Not to mention all the cockknockers that are sitting at home, watching Fox News right now going "WOOHOOOOO! A HUNNERD DOLLARS!!!!"