The Duke University Lacrosse team..

13»

Comments

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    truth be told, she could be lying...it happens all the time. So i'm not gonna say they're guilty......

Are you serious? The police waited over two days after the party to collect the "evidence" from the house; why are you assuming that the investigation was a clean one? Haven't you people ever seen Training Day/Cop Land/16 Blocks?

[color:white] T*n*a...you know damn well i think those dudes did SOMETHING to that girl.....i'm just trying to be objective for once [/color]

[color:white]Whew! I thought I was gonna have to rescind your 'hood pass over this. I had to get raw on some dude tonight, like, "Look, black people aren't crazy--REMEMBER TUSKEGEE."[/color]

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    Ed, I feel you.

But why do you have to point out she's a stripper AND a college student? It really shouldn't matter WHAT she does. No woman deserves to be raped.

and just for the record, I've always hated Lacrosse players.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    But why do you have to point out she's a stripper AND a college student? It really shouldn't matter WHAT she does. No woman deserves to be raped.

Hi Anna !

your sarcasm meter needs repair

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts

Hi Anna !

your sarcasm meter needs repair

hah, yeah, ummm, just returned from Bachelorette weekend in Vegas, my whole brain needs to be repaired.

i apologize if anyone thought i was being anything other than sarcastic.... all i hear in the media is "a hired stripper" vs "a college student" so i tried to make light of that shit before my head exploded...

ya know what...fuck it....here's what i really feel ...i could be dead wrong but its my opinion and if a man is brave enough to express his belief in Lizard People ......

my feelings after i heard those sick ass e-mails was that these cats didnt penetrate this girl ....these dudes are into humilation...they did SOMETHING to this girl to humiliate her sexually...they did some drunken sick shit like stick trophies in her or something.........this shit is far from over

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    truth be told, she could be lying...it happens all the time. So i'm not gonna say they're guilty......

Are you serious? The police waited over two days after the party to collect the "evidence" from the house; why are you assuming that the investigation was a clean one? Haven't you people ever seen Training Day/Cop Land/16 Blocks?

Yeah, and I've also seen The Matrix and the Spongebob Squarepants movie...what's your point?

it's funny how many people are like "why do people keep emphasizing that she's a stripper, that doesn't mean anything" and then the next thing out of their mouths is "those fucking white frat boy lacrosse players, they're all the same!"

Anyway yeah this investigation is far from over.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I'm guessing the reason why they keep using the term "stripper" over "college student" is due to the fact that she was there as a stripper, not as a college student. Her being a college student really doesn't have anything to do with the case.

But whatever. If any of those dudes did rape her, they need to get their balls cut off.

I just don't understand what you guys want to happen? If she can't pick out what guys did it. If no DNA evidence can be found. Who do you want to go down for this? The whole team?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

my feelings after i heard those sick ass e-mails was that these cats didnt penetrate this girl ....these dudes are into humilation...they did SOMETHING to this girl to humiliate her sexually...they did some drunken sick shit like stick trophies in her or something.........this shit is far from over

I've been thinking the exact same thing.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

Yeah, and I've also seen The Matrix and the Spongebob Squarepants movie...what's your point?

My point is that having lived in Durham for five years (four years for college + one year after I graduated), and understanding the racial dynamic in that city better than you, a random observer, there are underlying motives for the investigators to drag their feet on the investigation...No one with an invested interest in Duke's presence in that region truly wants to see justice served, heinous crime or not.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    and just for the record, I've always hated Lacrosse players.

Sheesh, I played lacrosse in college

Add that one to the list of my social activities that folks around here improperly stereotype and hate... was in a fraternity, hangs out in the marina and played lacrosse. I'm sure something else will come up as I continue my stay on the strut.

DJ Ferrari

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Assault charge in DC

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    "A fair and impartial trial ... followed by a first class hangin'" - Blazing Sadles

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    "A fair and impartial trial ... followed by a first class hangin'" - Blazing Sadles

Well, we can hope at least

I'm betting the prosecution fucks this case up. I'm 100% sure he wants to just do the right thing, But shit is already starting to unravel and it hasn't even gone to court yet.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I saw on NBC this morning that the defense has constructed a "timeline" from midnight to about 1 a.m. with digitally time-stamped photographs, a cell phone record and an ATM receipt on account of one of the accused that they believe will prove them innocent. It sounds thorough on paper, but I'm not sure how it'll hold up in court and especially with a jury. I do, however, don't know why anyone would go through all of this without being certain that something foul went down, in terms of the prosecution and the lady who is making the claims.

I heard something about some Kroger employee who said she saw the lady shortly after what happened and said the lady said nothing about it, but was just acting drunk. Does anybody know at what point she made the official claim to police?

My point is that having lived in Durham for five years (four years for college + one year after I graduated), and understanding the racial dynamic in that city better than you, a random observer, there are underlying motives for the investigators to drag their feet on the investigation...No one with an invested interest in Duke's presence in that region truly wants to see justice served, heinous crime or not.

just like that DA has a vested interest in getting re-elected?

It's for just one of the dudes tho.

Even more, he has a taxi driver who gives the one dude an Alibi or something.

The things that will hurt the case is probably they have time stamped pics that show her with marks and bruises before the attack.

Also, I think she said she was 100% about one of the dudes and only 90% sure about the other guy. The defense will be able to use that.

ABC shit here:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/LegalCenter/story?id=1858806&page=1

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=local&id=4091290

im sure hed rather go through the motions and get that minority vote than not.

so you think those two dudes are innocent ? just asking

After reading the 2 links posted, I think the one dude is.

The other guy looks kinda crazy. But I really have no idea.

I just think the prosecution will fuck it up.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

At this point how could anyone possibly know.

Back when I was younger, naive and living in NY I thought for sure Tawana Brawley was telling the truth and had been attacked by a cop......that, along with plenty of other life's lessons is why I try not to assume too much.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Also, I think she said she was 100% about one of the dudes and only 90% sure about the other guy. The defense will be able to use that.

I thought she was 100% on the dudes who were cuffed and 90% on the third who they're still gathering evidence on. I'm sure the prosecution would have liked to cuff all three at once, but pressure from the community and its leaders probably led to where they're at now.

I thought she was 100% on the dudes who were cuffed and 90% on the third who they're still gathering evidence on. I'm sure the prosecution would have liked to cuff all three at once, but pressure from the community and its leaders probably led to where they're at now.

that's about the two guys. Of course just because she says she's 100% certain doesn't mean she's right...but I have to believe the prosecution has something up their sleeve to push for these indictments. If not they're in deep shit.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

my feelings after i heard those sick ass e-mails was that these cats didnt penetrate this girl ....

where did you see the emails? can u post a link

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

Doesn't one pic show a clock or watch or something that puts the timeline correct?

But true... My cam still prints June 1st 2001.