edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    why have they not been fingerprinted ??

i need an answer...

i'll be open minded...

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    have they even been arrested or charged with anything yet? That kind of needs to happen before they're fingerprinted.

My question would be why do situations like this seem to make people en masse completely forget about due process and how the judicial system works?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    What did that one dude's email say? Something about killing and skinning strippers in his dorm room?

What the FUCK?

• have they even been arrested or charged with anything yet? That kind of needs to happen before they're fingerprinted.

My question would be why do situations like this seem to make people en masse completely forget about due process and how the judicial system works?

AP article I read today actually said that all Duke lacrosse players had submitted samples for DNA tests, except for the lone african-american player. The DA of the county said something to the effect of he believed a rape had taken place and charges would be filed.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Shits crazy y'all

People are really heated about this 'round here

The email was extremely fucked up - and the lawyer of the kid who wrote it claims it clearly exonerates him(!), I say it proves he's absolutely capable of committing a violent crime against a stripper

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

have they even been arrested or charged with anything yet? That kind of needs to happen before they're fingerprinted.

Kobe didn't have to wait this long

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

i believe the whole team have been dna tested!

you got a source for that? I'm pretty sure he was fingerprinted when he was booked on charges. Either way if someone is wronged you raise hell when that happens, not when things work like they're supposed to.

where's the 5 pager graemlin?

yes that's true. but that's not enough apparently?

let me ask you a question.....

if the Men's basketball team from North Carolina A&T were accused of raping a white Duke student,do you think we would have seen someone's mug shot by now ?

if someone is wronged you raise hell when that happens, not when things work like they're supposed to.

ok....well im waiting

wait with me

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    f the Men's basketball team from North Carolina A&T were accused of raping a white Duke student,do you think we would have seen someone's mug shot by now ?

Yes.
    I find it more egregious that it was reported that Duke's women's basketball team had a "gag order" or immediate suspension from school would occur if they discussed the incident in the media. I was gonna start this thread, but I didn't want to. What is going down in this situation is not cool X 10,000,000,000.

Skinning strippers? Your grandpa picked the cotton for my Tshirt? This shit disgusts me to a new level.

sayin'

i know she's a stripper and all......but she is a college student too

persnickety

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    She's a college student and a mother of two trying to do it for her kids. This shit has multi levels of saddening stuff. These privileged crackers need their comeuppance.

• What's really sad is that I bet horrible situations like this of testerone and unbridled ego occur quite frequently within major college football programs and you never even hear of it. College football money is to college lacrosse money like King Kong to the Waxidermy monkey.

You can't really put into words how wrong all of it is.

if this goes to a jury......

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

if the Men's basketball team from North Carolina A&T were accused of raping a white Duke student,do you think we would have seen someone's mug shot by now ?
    probably. look! i'm not looking to argue with you. i was just stating the facts. everyone who is familiar with this crime knows the obvious...that it was based in racist/sexist hatred. who are you lashing out at? the media, the usa or everyone? i don't think there is one person on this site who condones or supports rapists or racists. it looks like you are preaching to the choir here on soulstrut... maybe you should write an email to fox.

who are you lashing out at?

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

probably. look! i'm not looking to argue with you. i was just stating the facts. everyone who is familiar with this crime knows the obvious...that it was based in racist/sexist hatred. who are you lashing out at? the media, the usa or everyone? i don't think there is one person on this site who condones or supports rapists or racists. it looks like you are preaching to the choir here on soulstrut... maybe you should write an email to fox.

actually i was wondering if anyone could give me a reasonable excuse why i haven't seen a mug shot yet......

someone said give it time ........my response was "i'm waiting"

if anyone has a different theory, i'm all ears

i also wanted to be the author of this thread because if this goes to trial it will be the longest thread in soulstrut history

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

actually i was wondering if anyone could give me a reasonable excuse why i haven't seen a mug shot yet......

someone said give it time (i think it was you)........my response was "i'm waiting"

nah man...it wasn't me.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    seriously...not one of the people on that team is willing to man up and say something? i know "stop snitching" seems to be fully condoned nowadays, but this is a damn shame.

worst thing is the young girl did everything she should have...went to the hospital, got the "rape test", went to authorities. shits just sad.

• i was wondering if anyone could give me a reasonable excuse why i haven't seen a mug shot yet......

someone said give it time ........my response was "i'm waiting"

I know you're fishing for specualtion here, but you already know the answer to your question.

As far as stuff like this going on at college campuses I know only too well how out of control rich white college men can be. My time at UNLV in Las Vegas allowed me to be witness to some of the most decadent and disgusting actions men can do.

the world of priviledge has very few boundaries.

truth be told, she could be lying...it happens all the time. So i'm not gonna say they're guilty......i'm just having a problem with the obvious double standard and slow motion here....

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    why exactly do you want a mugshot? mugshots are taken when someone is charged and booked, why would there be a mugshot? i refuse to discuss this case in any depth until someone is charged.....and then there will be a mugshot, will that make you happy?

• why exactly do you want a mugshot? mugshots are taken when someone is charged and booked, why would there be a mugshot? i refuse to discuss this case in any depth until someone is charged.....and then there will be a mugshot, will that make you happy?

thrope, there is no mugshot cause they will not bring charges up on prestigious rich college whiteboys unless they absolutely have to. They have more than enough reason to arrest these folls E-mails, positive ID as to who the culprits are, etc.

The legal system in this country isn't exactly about justice and equality

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Absolutely.

This is a BIG DEAL, if it really happened.

and why are people getting defensive and shit???

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    Damn, Ed, you had to take it "there..." I'm not really interested in discussing this issue, because it's so, so complicated and outside of the scope of this interest group, but I wanted to share the following message I received today from DUBAC (Duke University Black Alumni Connection--I received it because I'm black, and I'm an alumna):

Dear DUBAC Members,

The Board of Duke University Black Alumni Connection (DUBAC) wants to share with you the measures we have initiated to address the serious issues raised by the March 13, 2006, incident of alleged sexual assault and racist behavior by members of the Duke lacrosse team.

Last week, area DUBAC board members were on campus, engaged in discussions with students and administrators. Meetings and phone conversations took place with Benjamin Reese, vice president, Office of Institutional Equity; Chandra Guinn, director, Mary Lou Williams Center for Black Culture and Black Student Alliance (BSA) co-adviser; Dean Martina Bryant; and Sterly Wilder, executive director, Alumni Affairs. One of our board members, who is an assistant professor at North Carolina Central University, has been working with the students on their campus.

The DUBAC board has offered its strong support to the Black Student Alliance and student steering committee, organized to articulate their concerns to the Duke administration. We plan to offer students the opportunity to share their perspective in our upcoming newsletter.

On Tuesday, April 4, the DUBAC board met via teleconference with Duke University President Richard Brodhead; Bob Steel, chairman of the Duke Board of Trustees; and other administrators. Board members expressed their outrage, sadness, and disappointment upon first learning of the March 13 incident. We discussed our concerns regarding the university???s response to the incident, as well as the issues that the incident highlights, including those of race, class, violence against women, student conduct, and the relationship between Duke and the larger Durham community.

We informed President Brodhead that we would offer specific short-term and long-term recommendations regarding how Duke can address issues raised by this incident. These are already being drafted by the DUBAC board, as discussed in our board conference call Tuesday night. We are requesting that you send us any suggestions you have, along with a brief explanation of how each suggestion might address the issues raised by this incident.

We appreciate the many phone calls, conversations, and emails that you have shared with us. Thank you for taking time to send letters to President Brodhead and Duke administrators. On behalf of DUBAC, the board will continue to focus attention on the serious concerns raised by the incident. There is no place at our alma mater for racism or sexual violence. We want you to know that we are committed to meeting the challenge of developing solutions so that our outrage is channeled into positive action that makes Duke University a better institution.

The DUBAC board encourages your feedback as we prepare a comprehensive response to President Brodhead. Please email us at [email]DUBAC@alumni.duke.edu[/email] as soon as possible so that your comments, concerns, and suggestions are included.

Sincerely,

The DUBAC Board

President ??? Valerie Barnwell ???79 Michael Bennett ???77
    VP Operations ??? Fredessa Hamilton ???77 Elaine Curry ???85
    VP Development - Kenneth Lewis ???83 Nicole Owens ???95, J.D. ???98
    Secretary - Andrea Martin ???81 LaHoma Smith Romocki ???79
    Treasurer ??? Melvia Wallace ???85 Ron Turner ???79
    Wilt Alston B.S.E. ???81 Torraine Williams ???93
    Patricia Baker-Simon ???86