Portishead’s New Album....

13»

Comments

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    an old roommate and his girlfriend used to play their live cd while making love. (I used making love intentionally.) Gross-out.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    I'd love ot hear it...their S/T is definitely one of my favorites to listen to all the way through....dummy is good too but i definitely played it to death. cant even listen to it anymore. i know it too well.

jimi entley 45 is cool too.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    "Beyond Raging Waves" is fucking awesome

You said it!!! Sounds like a sombre procession of battle-ready samurais marching to war. Love that track. There's some truly 'cinematic' shit on "Jaku". I'd love to see Krush do a soundtrack to an ruffass martial arts flick.

• Tuff_GongTuff_Gong 627 Posts
    Unfortunately the same thing has happened to a lot of talented artists. Massive Attack is a good example. How many people have been introduced to Massive Attack through 100th Window....and gone back and purchased Blue Lines, etc. The majority of their fan base is people who have been with them since their first or second album.

I dunno... I know a number of people that really got into "Mezzanine". They even had a minor hit with "Teardrop" off that album, I'd say. Granted, that album was 7 years ago now...damn, how time flies. There were definitely people who got into "Mezzanine" that really weren't aware of the really early stuff like "Blue Lines". I know a number of people who weren't aware that Tricky used to basically be a member of Massive Attack.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    i just got a promo of the new album "invisible invasion" by The Coral today - produced by geoff and adrian from portishead.

any good?

yeah, let us in on that one