if you opened up for Mix Master Mike...

Comments

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    turkey bacon???

BWAAHAHAHAHA

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Plastic figurines Dolls designed by grafitti has-beens.
    speaking of haters...

Man, I didn't say nothing about you.

However, if the Supreme x Burton x James Lavelle x Futura dunk fits...
    you know if those guys made Duvets, you'd be on it.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

* questionable taste in rock music

so necessary. so elemental.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    * Engaging your audience in 15m call & response sessions about which part of the room "real hip hop" is residing in tonight.

gee, has someone seen De La Soul live?

• * Engaging your audience in 15m call & response sessions about which part of the room "real hip hop" is residing in tonight.

gee, has someone seen KRS ONE live?

but you GOTTA ask

"WHERE DA LADIES AT!!!???"

it just wouldnt be a hip-hop show if you didn't.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    * cover art w/ more artisitc merit than the music

Plastic figurines Dolls designed by grafitti has-beens.
    speaking of haters...

Man, I didn't say nothing about you.

However, if the Supreme x Burton x James Lavelle x Futura dunk fits...
    you know if those guys made Duvets, you'd be on it.

Haha... no doubt. I'd especially like one with the big adicolor eyeballs all over it.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

I want to in two weeks, when they play in prague...really that way? I'm prepared to say "ho" though...

actually, i think the new element in hip-hop is RINGTONES.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    * Engaging your audience in 15m call & response sessions about which part of the room "real hip hop" is residing in tonight.

Exactly what I had in mind, the saturday before last, to be precise.

I want to in two weeks, when they play in prague...really that way? I'm prepared to say "ho" though...

i saw them 6 years ago in NYC and that's what they did... it was pretty boring...

• Threatening the faggot soundman with violence

Plug 3 had to be restrained by Plugs 1 and 2 to keep from making good on said threat. I believe it was Posdnuous who finally said, "Yo, kick his ass after the show."

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

i saw them 6 years ago in NYC and that's what they did... it was pretty boring...

It is pretty important to determine which side of the crowd "the real hip-hop" resides in though...

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

So true, so tired.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I'm prepared to say "ho" though...

How does one prepare for this? Were you really so unsure
    that you needed practice?

C'mon man - you are fooling yourself. You may be ready to
    "throw your hands in the air" ... but you sure as hell
    aren't prepared to "wave 'em like you just don't care!"[/b]

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Don't forget this phenomenon's cousin, the 15-minute call & response using your group's name. For example:

Left side of room: WU!
    Right side of room: TANG!

It is pretty important to determine which side of the crowd "the real hip-hop" resides in though...

damn, how could i forget this element: determine who, where, and what real hiphop is...

i saw them 10 years ago in Atlanta and that's what they did... it was pretty boring...

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

b/w

4,000 word* liner note thank you's listing every artist you may ever wish to work with in the future.

*see method man's tical for example.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    but you GOTTA ask

"WHERE DA LADIES AT!!!???"

and then dedicate the weakest and sappiest song of the night to them.

"THIS ONE GOES OUT TO THE LADIES"

Yea, no thanks.

b/w

4,000 word* liner note thank you's listing every artist you may ever wish to work with in the future.

omg, or any public enemy album for that matter... they would take up 8 pages to thank every rap artist and black man in existence.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I think at this point the following might be worthy of being considered for element status:

playing old hip-hop instrumentals (live or on record) and having contemporary rappers (although possibly old as well) recite their version of the matching lyrics.

I'm prepared to say "ho" though...

How does one prepare for this? Were you really so unsure
    that you needed practice?

C'mon man - you are fooling yourself. You may be ready to
    "throw your hands in the air" ... but you sure as hell
    aren't prepared to "wave 'em like you just don't care!"[/b]

Usually I always train like this to survive a rapshow for at least 30 minutes, yes

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    that guy neesd to be in a graemlin screaming "THAT'S HIP-HOP!!!!!"

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

fuck the media

* questionable taste in rock music

so true...

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    whoa, didnt know this thread would go here. hahahaa. funny. hopefully dj barnacles will come on and explain his point of view. i think that might liven up the conversation a little. or his homie mordecai. where you at?

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    whoa, didnt know this thread would go here. hahahaa. funny. hopefully dj barnacles will come on and explain his point of view. i think that might liven up the conversation a little. or his homie mordecai. where you at?

my homie back in tx opened up for Gangstarr and got the ice grill from Guru for playing a song that Gangstarr sampled (apparently guru thought he was playing their version).

i have never heard of an artist who wants thier music or amalgamations of their music (i.e. beastie boys in this case) played right before they go on. i would suspect most would probably look down on it.

• meshmesh 925 Posts

i have never heard of an artist who wants thier music or amalgamations of their music (i.e. beastie boys in this case) played right before they go on. i would suspect most would probably look down on it.

yeah, to me its like the guy who goes to a rock concert and wears a t-shirt of the band he went to see. just wouldn't do that personally.