• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    genius

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• slushslush 691 Posts
    woah

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    looking forward to the lp !

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

• Hopefully the LP will have some better stuff on it. Not a bad track..but nothing special, either. Is this the only new song floating around?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    THERE'S NO BUSINESS LIKE SNOW BUSINESS

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Fuck.

I forgot how much I like listening to these dudes.

Don't like the repeating snare sound, but other than that the beat is scorching.

When's the LP drop?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Right CLick > Save Target

Right CLick > Delete file

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    I'm not a clipse fan, but that track is just dope...

the ladies coming in in the background is fresh.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    The beat is hot, but seriously - Pharrell needs to step away from the mic for good and stick to twisting knobs. Malice and Pusha aren't really doing it for me on this track either. I'd go for the instrumental.

• montymonty 420 Posts
    the ladies coming in in the background is fresh.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Icey!

• ja_bruceja_bruce 295 Posts
    The beat is hot, but seriously - Pharrell needs to step away from the mic for good and stick to twisting knobs. Malice and Pusha aren't really doing it for me on this track either. I'd go for the instrumental.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Cosign on pharell putting the mic down. Please make it stop.

The beat is pretty off the wall. I like it. Cant wait for the rest of the lp. Ever since I heard Zen, Ive been fiending for some new clipse shit.

I used to think they were kinda washed up, but they booking shows off mixtapes right now so you never know.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Naw dudes, you got it twisted:

This is a good Pharrell song. A so-so Clipse song.

Clipse need to come out with some hotness that rivals the shit on "We Got It For Cheap." This would not be such a song. But Pharrell bragging about kicking it with Puffy on a jet to Aspen and swiping Bapes? It's the kind of fluff that sounds pretty good over this track.

The beat is pretty off the wall. I like it. Cant wait for the rest of the lp. Ever since I heard Zen, Ive been fiending for some new clipse shit.

I used to think they were kinda washed up, but they booking shows off mixtapes right now so you never know.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

This wasn't really for you.

It would be kind of like me coming into an easy listening thread and actually downloading the schitt, just so I could announce that it was BORING in all caps.

Clipse need to come out with some hotness that rivals the shit on "We Got It For Cheap." This would not be such a song. But Pharrell bragging about kicking it with Puffy on a jet to Aspen and swiping Bapes? It's the kind of fluff that sounds pretty good over this track.

I guess thats about right- if this had been credited as a Pharrell track I wouldn't have been disappointed

But we've BEEN hearing better Clipse tracks over the past couple years...

This wasn't really for you.

It would be kind of like me coming into an easy listening thread and actually downloading the schitt, just so I could announce that it was BORING in all caps.

Well of course you are always invited!

I never heard a clipse song and after that other article that was posted about how awesome lyricists they are I thought I should give this a chance. I've never really been into techno or electronica or anything, so the beat wasn't my kind of thing. Plus I thought that style of beats kind of played itself out 2 or 3 years ago. And the rapping... well, I just wasn't impressed. Had they found a way to rhyme the word "orange"..... well, now thats just impressive!

Plus Skateboard P kinda dominates this song

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Plus Skateboard Microphone P kinda dominates this song

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

My tastes are impeccable. In fact, almost god-like.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    My tastes are impeccable. In fact, almost god-like.

--------

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

yes, this should be put on "in my mind"

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    Think this song will be a prime example of what's going to "sound so 2005/6/7/8" in 10 years from now = future 80s syndrome. Don't like it.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Hopefully labels will start leaking out high quality mp3s on the reg, and why shouldn't they - instant dj promo! 80s music still sounds good to me, this is nice but not amazing, although to really know you need to hear it in the cluuuub.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Sounds like "Drop It Like Its Hot" redux with Stefani-esque intro, as-expected pyrex-stirring cake lyrics, and just about the laziest hook ever created. I can take it or leave it.

EXCEPT FOR THIS LINE:

"Streets was yours/You're duncecapping & kazooin'"