I'm excited about Revenge of the Sith (hate me)

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    not sure - although i'd really like to see it on the iMax. I'll definatley keep you updated if I hear anything.

nice. it would be hot to see it on the imax too. as long as its not a shortened version. Lets do it.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    so fucking tired of people saying "oh, star wars and empire were so good, but these new one's suck."

dude! they all fucking suck (in the terms people critique the others). ease up. have some fun.

go see Palindrome or some shit if you want complex character development.

I'm gonna eat some brownies and watch me some kiddie shit.

huge cosign holmes.

it's just a movie to make you feel like a kid again.

enjoy.

im about to get in line!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    yoda rules !!!!!!!!!!

• slushslush 691 Posts
    the one good thing about this new star wars shit is that im having good conversations with everyone my age about star wars. like remembering seeing return of the jedi with my mom when i was three and buying a cool wicket wookie plate after the show. i ate on that plate up until like 2001.

i still got a little boba fett toy with a luke skywalker brown newhope hoodie thing on him. and i use fett's backpack right now to pack joints. no joke.

another good thing is that a star wars nerd hipped me to this

its from the guy who did dexter's lab

its really fast and well done. good to catch before you go in and get hit by yoda going to the wookie planet ?

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

Come on man do some upside down Star Wars stuff. You got me addicted.

I'm also having trouble getting over seeing Yoda in a light saber battle. I find myself stifling laughter at the sight of a flying muppet with a sword...

Rubbery little puppet I am![/b]

I thought some one would have posted this by now.....but you know he's all CGI now? Ep II and III are CGI Yoda. That's the only way they could do all this Yoda kicks ass stuff. Also why he just sat on his ass in Ep I Funny enough it's the kinda thing Star Wars nuts get all pissy about. "No bring back muppet Yoda!!!"

Like everyone else said I just like it cuz it reminds me of being a kid. If you over 29 you know you had your mind blow when you saw Star Wars as a youngster. It really took over the late 70's early 80's.

And yes, Hyden sucks. The worst part was that they put him as a ghost at the end of Return of the Jedi now. And of course he's doing his "head down eyes up" thing so he still looks like he's goign to kill everyone even though he's supose to be a happy Jedi ghost.

• KrautbreaksKrautbreaks 276 Posts
    I liked the last one. The first one blew.

The last one was incredible. Deeeeeep story with state of the art FX

The real deal and no need for Matrix or similar trash !

• TeemuTTeemuT 7 Posts
    I`m excited little about ROTS, but I`m anxious to see this:

http://www.impstherelentless.com/

come on dude, does it get any dorkier?

It does:

http://www.theforce.net/fanfilms/shortfilms/jedihunter/index.asp

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    I'm badmeaningbad at this

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I`m excited little about ROTS, but I`m anxious to see this:

http://www.impstherelentless.com/

come on dude, does it get any dorkier?

This is where insane corporate lawsuits are justified. Where is the RIAA squad when you need them?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    The NY Times calls Sith a better film than Star Wars (the OG).
    http://movies2.nytimes.com/2005/05/16/movies/16star.html

This is despite the fact that A.O. Scott agrees the film's acting and writing sucks donkey balls (not actual quote).

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I think Ebert said it was better than Star wars also... Not better than Empire tho.

I'm looking forward to it.

Everyone is saying that about the writing. But thats never been strong, in any of the films...

• i can't believe i saw an ad for this on TV last night that actually said SITH HAPPENS.

what?
    why?

regardless, i got my midnight tickets and i'm stoked to see this.

mike

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    i can't believe i saw an ad for this on TV last night that actually said SITH HAPPENS.

Only tangentially related, the headline of the New York Post today is "Holy Shiite"

-e

• loginlogin 52 Posts

I heard that they are going to edit in Haydn???s face into the end of Jedi when they show Vaders face to make the movies more congruent. On some dumb shit.

I heard that they are going to edit in Haydn???s face into the end of Jedi when they show Vaders face to make the movies more congruent. On some dumb shit.

Naw. Lucas said he doesn't want to do that. He doesn't want to diss the original actor, plus he wants him to look old and haggard. They alreayd went back and took out his eye brows to make him more freaky, and that's about all they will do with that scene (when Luke takes Darth's mask off).

They already replaced that actor (???) with Hyden in the ghost scene at the end of ROTJ. So Lucas doesn't want to remove the guy completely.

• i can't believe i saw an ad for this on TV last night that actually said SITH HAPPENS.

Only tangentially related, the headline of the New York Post today is "Holy Shiite"

-e

that's so rad. i love the new york post.
    the day the pope was getting elected, the headline said "HOLY SMOKE!"

• be at the midnight showing of this i will

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Forewarned to buy advance tickets, you are!

Employers, $672 million dollars in lost productivity tomorrow is!

• bought the tickets already i have

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    saw extended scenes last night and I agree, this one looks potentially

• DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts
    call in sick for 10:00am showing tommorrow, I will.

to long, the lines for midnight showing.

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    I just saw it . Pretty . Out of the new ones I easily liked the second one best, (even though I can't really remember a thing that happened in it). I sat there for two and a half hours today and was not moved once. To put it harshly, it's a bunch of flat dialogue coupled with endless action and pictures that try too hard to be pretty. Anakin and Palpatine both give over the top performances, McGregor and Portman are better. Imdb says that Lucas "rarely has time to converse with the actors"-- it shows. It's worth seeing for closure, but as a stand-alone film it's quite mediocre.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    I just saw it . Pretty . Out of the new ones I easily liked the second one best, (even though I can't really remember a thing that happened in it). I sat there for two and a half hours today and was not moved once. To put it harshly, it's a bunch of flat dialogue coupled with endless action and pictures that try too hard to be pretty. Anakin and Palpatine both give over the top performances, McGregor and Portman are better. Imdb says that Lucas "rarely has time to converse with the actors"-- it shows. It's worth seeing for closure, but as a stand-alone film it's quite mediocre.

just shut up

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!

yo dirty ugly asssss head!!!!!

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Both NPR and the local SF Chronicle gave this a mediocre review. The Chronicle said the storyline about the guy turning into Darth Vader was actually really good, but that Lucas kept on losing track of it to throw in special effects and fight scenes. NPR said that Lucas was good at the special effects, but bad in the dialog department.

I'll probably see this anyways this weekend because my kid will want to see it, but from the reviews, it seems like Episode 3 is like 1 and 2 where Lucas forgot how to tell a story and just relied on special effects in an attempt to wow an audience.

• manchildmanchild 56 Posts
    yeah i saw it this morning too... dug the action, laughed out loud anytime anyone actually said something. i dig star wars completely, but as far as films go they are pretty crap. so don't expect too much and all will be fine

I never even looked today until now... But there's a DVDR rls'd. The AR is a bit off and there's some big counters in it (I didn't think Lucas did screeners or workprints, but whatever), but looks pretty good. But I'm going to have to see this in the theaters before I even bother with this one.

Side note: Hmmm Akira Kurosawa's Dreams is on TV right now... Never seen this one...

• Ignore all the critics, all the reviews, all the mediocre press. Take it from a Star Wars fan...

This movie is fucking awesome.

Without giving anything away, I'll tell you it easily blows I and II out of the water (no contest) and even comes close to the original trilogy. Yes the acting is sub-par, but it's Star Wars. When have you ever expected Pacino level Inside the Actor's Studio type performances from Star Wars?

Great fight scenes = AWESOME
    Huge space battle scenes = AWESOME
    Anakin turning towards the dark side and becoming Darth Vader = AWESOME
    Gap bridged between trilogies = AWESOME
    Less than 10 seconds of Jar Jar, who has NO SPEAKING PARTS = AWESOME!!!

Lucas finally pulled it off. He knew the Star Wars his true fans wanted to see and he delivered.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    cosign...

...more detailed review in the morning