P BROTHERS...

pencilfacepencilface 674 Posts
edited November 2015 in Music Talk
anyone familiar with the uk production duo? ivory and paul s, ivory did them "hear no evil" golden age mixes and their beats are supremley heavy. the beats on the Cappo lp "spaz the world" were insane. apparently theyve got an lp coming out soom called "the castle" or something, but i havent heard anything for ages. anyone know??

Comments

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    Last time I spoke to Ivory the LP wan't finished but they do have a new 12" out very soon though featuring members of Money Boss Players... and

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I'm waiting anxiously for the album. For anyone who don't have

cop that. It's a UK Illmatic, seriously.

ivory did them "hear no evil" golden age mixes

Also check out the "Zulu Beat Mix"

• What's good by these dudes? The only thing I really liked was the remix they did on Rebtuz Vol. 1

but everything else has been w/ loud drums.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I'm waiting anxiously for the album. For anyone who don't have

cop that. It's a UK Illmatic, seriously.

*snicker*

Who would have guessed the resident hatter would say something NEGATIVE for a change?

Who would have guessed the resident hatter would say something NEGATIVE for a change?

Don't worry about it, I would say that the P Brothers & Lewis Parker are probably the most consistent producers from the UK.

Don't worry about it

I REALLY don't...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I gotta go with faux on this one... looking at that album cover with that caption is snicker-worthy...

• Who would have guessed the resident hatter would say something NEGATIVE for a change?

Don't worry about it, I would say that the P Brothers & Lewis Parker are probably the most consistent producers from the UK.

yeah lewis parker had some stuff I really dug (i've always picked up every 12'' I see. hard to catch out in the states)

I'm also reeaaaaaaaallly feeling Ty (especially the last album, straight up hip-hop with all these broken beat influences)

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

yeah lewis parker had some stuff I really dug (i've always picked up every 12'' I see. hard to catch out in the states)

I'm also reeaaaaaaaallly feeling Ty (especially the last album, straight up hip-hop with all these broken beat influences)

But are you feeling the British Nas?

• But are you feeling the British Nas?

• But are you feeling the British Nas?

game the fuck over

MURDEROOOOOIIIII

GAL YA BODY MOVE LIKE A ROLEX RELEASE AND FLEX RELEASE AND FLEX

• Cappo is sick.
    The QSO remix of 'Learn to be Strong' is pretty spesh.
    But so is Rodney P, Jhest, Verb T, Yungun, Asaviour, Mystro, Mical Parkinsun, Kashmere, Last Skeptik, Pedigree Chumps, Diversion Tactics, Dirty Diggers, Lowercase, Kyza, Klashnekoff, Infinite Potential, etc...

Love the UK stuff... It's raw...

P Brothers are pretty damn good, but thier emphasis is definitely on some pretty heavy drums.
    And their mix CDs are on point...

• Cappo is sick.
    But so is Rodney P, Jhest, Verb T, Yungun, Asaviour, Mystro, Mical Parkinsun, Kashmere, Last Skeptik, Pedigree Chumps, Diversion Tactics, Dirty Diggers, Lowercase, Kyza, Klashnekoff, Infinite Potential, etc...

P Brothers are pretty damn good, but thier emphasis is definitely on some pretty heavy drums.

hey, what would you recomend that sounds Like Ty and Roots Manuva? You peep Ghosts's LP or the Nostalgia 77 joint?

• Ghost is sick. But I would've thought it was a bit too traditional for you these days, but awesome stuff.
    I haven't heard Nostaglia 77s Octet thing yet. Supposedly more like a live jazz group.

You might like Travis Blaque's two 12" singles...
    Produced by some Swedish dudes for a German label, Unique.

I presume you've heard Modaji's new album under the moniker HARVEY LINDO.
    That nu-soul, broke beat influence you like... No UK emcees oddly enough.

Hearin' Aid & Up Hygh from Sweden.

You should check for the Dutch label Kindred Spirits. Especially the 'Megaplast EP' by MWSLEE.

And The Politik's 'High Priestess' on Dopeness Galore I reckon you might like. More soul than hip hop.

Omar's new track 'Gimme Sum' on P-Vine from Japan is pretty dope. With Common & Rodney P.

Can't really recall a lot of recent stuff in that style. They are the ones that come to mind.

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    P Brothers production is rare in that, like the afore-mentioned Lewis Parker, it's consistently good.
    I loved their contributions to the Sadat X album - and the new 12" with the Money Boss guys is hot.

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    Ivory is that dude. He was a good source of inspration information during my random [snicker] rap phase. Still should've traded him for that The Party Is Jumpin 12...just went on the bay for 6 plus.

Zulu Beats is one of the best mixes EVAR. the breaks section alone owns you. Plus, The Roxy commercial had me like that girl on there..."electric boogie popss...es fresco."

P Brothers production sounds just like it should- heavy bronx. i feel you phonics on the drum aspect, i felt that way at first...but they also have this digger's attention to detail which makes the tracks stand out erry rip.

looking forward to getting the LP and the MBP collabilation- although it's different members now i hear.

yes, there are some uk mc's that are tolerable...anyone heard skinnyman's new one?

saw it on a blog...idiot proof?

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Ivory is that dude. He was a good source of inspration information during my random [snicker] rap phase. Still should've traded him for that Get tha Party Jumpin 12...g.

Zulu Beats is one of the best mixes EVAR. the breaks section alone owns you. Plus, The Roxy commercial had me like that girl on there..."electric boogie popss."

yeah, there first 3 "Heavy Bronx EP's" are highly recommended...when i went to notts to meet them they turned out to be supernicedudes (we had some issues companywise, but not my fault), but of course proper street too...love their stuff...

who is doing distro for the new 12" in Europe? Anyone in the know? and, it might be a bad thing to ask, but could someone up this zulu beats mix? i completely missed it and i don't think it is available still...anyone interested, i got a sealed copy of "hear no evil" vol.1 somewhere...

big up Nottz and all them...

and on a uk note: i really like sway, that dude is rhyming hisself on the next level...

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    Cappo is sick.

what you know about skeptik! corin is my boy right there! wicked producer.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Mical Parkinsun

what kinda jerkoff name is that ?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    The P brothers? I only know them from their multiple ads in every big daddy issue i used to buy. I think they also were fond of calling things "bronx" if i remember correctly.

Yet i dont think they are actually from there at all.

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts

But are you feeling the British Nas?

You mean Yellowman...

So Cappo deserves to be hated on because he doesn't have big tatoos and nice muscles? I know this cover

is beautiful and everyone here loves it, but it's hard to reach that level of perfection.

• Yet i dont think they are actually from there at all.

Nottingham Bronx mate! And Lewis Parker now resides in NYC and I believe has got a beat on the new Ghostface LP

• i completely missed it and i don't think it is available still...anyone interested, i got a sealed copy of "hear no evil" vol.1 somewhere...

PM if you want to sell that vol.1 CD as I can't find it anywhere.

• Yet i dont think they are actually from there at all.

Nottingham Bronx mate! And Lewis Parker now resides in NYC and I believe has got a beat on the new Ghostface LP

Bronx is like "who?" They need to get off that one, it's a bit foolish.

Bronx is like "who?" They need to get off that one, it's a bit foolish.

While I understand the troubles of romanticising a certain NYC area when not located in said area, I somehow do think that this "foolishness" is taken to such extremes that they can use that title. Noone fucks with Ivory when it comes to rap records and the fact that they work with BX people like sadat and money boss etc...is not becuase they shelved out alot of money to be down

PM if you want to sell that vol.1 CD as I can't find it anywhere.

"this user does not accept private messages"

No one fucks with Ivory when it comes to rap records and the fact that they work with BX people like sadat and money boss etc...is not because they shelved out a lot of money to be down

Exactly, and to my understanding the "Bronx" thing is symbolic of a back to basics philosophy i.e. "Loud drums" etc.