A Letter To Ikea...

RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    What a moron, he couldnt figure out how to put an expedit together?

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts

What are the strange objects on the shelves for ? Where are the records???

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    dude is an idiot. I can't believe he accepted the mistake on their part without taking it back. further more I can't believe he didn't check the contents of the package before he left.

I have never had any problems assembling ikea furniture.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    he probably didnt even have that hard of a time, seems like the "smart"er people are, the more they overexaggerate how bad cliche bad things are (see: that anti-apple video/any editorial comic ever)

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts

The definition of

Dude's moron for days!

Peace

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    When the hell were Expedits ever $250?
    Dude's a witty schmuck.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    The flowiest way to say: "I need the help of my 14-year-old son to assemble common furniture." Including the word "preux," and with nods to Seurat and the Futurist Movement.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    When the hell were Expedits ever $250?
    Dude's a witty schmuck.

Could be wrong, i read this awhile ago so didnt bother to re-read, but thats how much they are here in Oz.

• i have 3... piece of piss to assemble. i think mine cost about $300AUS.

dude is a mystery writer. he should be able to unravel some instructions, even if they were in Swedish...

what a knob.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    The flowiest way to say: "I need the help of my 14-year-old son to assemble common furniture." Including the word "preux," and with nods to Seurat and the Futurist Movement.

As a college graduate, I appreciate his nod to those who have a dictionary or reference.com at the ready. Unfortunately, most people who work in customer service departments operate on approximately a third grade level of education, so most of his intelligent wit was wasted.

• noteonnoteon 4 Posts
    I'm amazed the guy could even figure out his computer long enough to put that letter on the Internet!

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    I remember when I was putting mine together I across the sticker on the bottom shelf that said "MADE IN POLAND"[/b]. Luckily, I'm half Polish (never thought I'd mutter THAT sentence!), so it was a breeze for me. Maybe dude needs the some more -ski or -wicz.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Ikea needs to:

a) open a store in colorado, there's a lot of hipsters here, they'd sell a lot of shit

or

b) up their shipping game. they tried to charge me $250 to ship a $99 book shelf.

• noteonnoteon 4 Posts
    Maybe dude needs the some more -ski or -wicz

Wouldn't that just make him the same idiot with a longer name?

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Haha, just got my first Expedit a couple of days ago.
    That's that swedish record storage quality right thurr.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Fuck an Expedit. I had one and moved twice with it. Never ever again!

This is my shit. Easy to assemble and becuase it is 100% real wood, it does not get more flimsy each time you take it apart and put it back together.

45 boxes fit nice on those peices on the edge too.

$250

• Tuff_GongTuff_Gong 627 Posts

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I have never had any problems assembling ikea furniture.

Seriously, you have to be a major dimwit if you can't assemble Ikea products. Never had any trouble. The quality in the long run is a whole nother matter. The shit wasn't designed to be moved around. That's one of the big reasons for the cheapnuss.

• Fuck an Expedit.
    This is my shit. Easy to assemble and becuase it is 100% real wood, it does not get more flimsy each time you take it apart and put it back together.

that is two 6-foots back to back, one five foot in front. 200 records approx. per shelf. im kind of proud with this set up as before i had 3 connected together:

not a good look because of them being on carpet. they kind of leaned forward. it made me uneasy so i thought of the new setup. the following picture was taken at the same time as the above:

• noteonnoteon 4 Posts
    Seriously, you have to be a major dimwit if you can't assemble Ikea products.

More like General Dimwit, I think. Major isn't a high enough rank to describe it.

Are those your terd records over the bathroom door?

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Are those your terd records over the bathroom door?

With a mechanism to drop them on an unsuspecting burglar entering the doorway, thus pounding his skull to a pulp with Herb Albert raer?

• Are those your terd records over the bathroom door?

YUP, thats where the terds went. when i moved it around to the current setup i had to get rid of the terds to make room for some commons. now the terds are boxed up in the closet.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    UGH. i've been guilty of it in the way past, but i cannot stand that snarky style of writing.

gross

my expedit is ok. you get what you pay for

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I just love how that letter was written in 1998 and everybody's STILL clowning him.

The internet is a hell of a drug.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

wheres that big blue note label from?

this looks nice. i might need to look into these.

it came in a series of 80s reissues.

• i like these, about how many records fit per shelf??