Should there be a seperate Rap Forum on SS?

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
I would say yes, since there are so many rap threads in "Crate Digging Revealed" anyways, why not give it its own forum? I'm not hatting on rap threads or anything, but they don't really have anything to do with "crate digging" or old records or anything.I get the feeling that the Vocal Majority of Soulstrut (of VMS) would probably rather keep them here, but fuck it. Lets have a poll: OK, I just realized that the poll function is no longer here.how about a simple YAY or NAY.I say:YAY. seperate rap forum.

Comments

• As long as you're not allowed to post in it

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    YAY

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    As long as you're not allowed to post in it

Thats fine with me, but I thought I was on ignore anyways.....

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    are you serious?

• YAY, so people would start reading thoughtful posts like mine.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    NAY.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    are you serious?

I am saying--if dudes are sufficiently divorced from, well, pretty much everything to have never heard "Stay Fly," than clearly the board's rap enthusiasts aren't intruding too much on their personal reality.

are you serious?

Yeah why not?

I dont belong to or ever read any rap message boards anyways, and I wouldn't want to be like "take that shit to www.aRapMessageBoard.com" anyways...

People could have their rap arguments in a seperate forum. And this forum could be about Crate Digging Revealed or whatever.

• As long as you're not allowed to post in it

You are. I didn't even read your post before I typed that...

As long as you're not allowed to post in it

You are. I didn't even read your post before I typed that...

Thats sweet. If I sent yo a PM would you be able to read that?

Does the ignore function only work in English? Because I also speak Scat.

shibbiddy do bap bu da da da za dee dee deet doo wa doo bop ba doo doo.

• I would say yes

are you serious?

Yeah why not?

I dont belong to or ever read any rap message boards anyways, and I wouldn't want to be like "take that shit to www.aRapMessageBoard.com" anyways...

People could have their rap arguments in a seperate forum. And this forum could be about Crate Digging Revealed or whatever.

i remember reading or hearing somewhere that raj created soulstrut to discuss rap and the crates it is based on... or something like that.
    what problem do you have co-existing?
    are you just trying to stir up some trouble dizzybull?

the intruding on your reality comment is fany

So we have 4 YAYs, 5 if I'm not allowed to post there, so I'll go ahead and count that as 5. 2 NAYs and 1 Are You Serious, which really isn't a vote.

So far the YAYs are winning.

are you serious?

Yeah why not?

i remember reading or hearing somewhere that raj created soulstrut to discuss rap and the crates it is based on... or something like that.

Soulstrut used to have a seperate Rap forum.

• i'd say a hip-hop/beatmaking section... those 2 things go pretty much hand-in-hand with the whole sampling thing... and some of the more "mature" people here can't stand either topic... i'd be in there all the time personally.

are you serious?

Yeah why not?

Soulstrut used to have a seperate Rap forum.

oh...

NAY.

i like rap and folk and rock and soul and funk. more importantly though, i can't be bothered to be checking two different websites all day. i can't even be bothered to check the news and sports. i just wait for someone to post the leading news story or update nba 2005-06 what it do batches in crate digging revealed to learn what is going on in the world. the only other sites i do check are linked from here. please don't harsh my mallow.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I think a separate production forum would be a lot more productive than a rap forum. Might as well make a jazz, soul, funk, tepid terds, etc. forum if you're going to make a rap one.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Dizzy, get an avatar

Answer: NO

PS Curling is NOT a sport. If curling is a sport, masturbating should be a sport too.

• Please, if nothing else lets create another forum for discussion on racial issues.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Please, if nothing else lets create another forum for discussion on racial issues.

RACE HATTING REVEALED[/b]

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    nay - i can hardly manage five forums.

i think the rap threads add spice to the soup (when we're not talking about what to read in the can, not looking at naked chicks holding records and discussing post-modernism) and they enhance the crate-digging threads. i also find that some of the folks who post in the rap threads don't post as much in other threads and it would probably be less so if they were off in their own forum. a rap thread might be too segregating.

I need a forum specifically to showcase my knowledge of all thing serato related.

oh yeah, and an angry black man forum would be appreciated by me and I think Phill Most.

• I say a "Beef forum"

The entertainment value alone is worth it.

Please, if nothing else lets create another forum for discussion on racial issues.

Well thats the same thing as a rap forum HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

But seriously.

People have suggested a production forum before, but the decision before was that there isn't enough production talk on here for it to warrant its own section. I dont think a production forum is a bad idea though.

I dont see what's inherintly bad about a seperate rap forum anyways. I mean, if people want to talk about rap, why not have a whole forum thats nothing but rap?

• Here's a question, if there were a separate rap forum, and you weren't allowed to post in it, then what would you talk about?

Well thats the same thing as a rap forum HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

But seriously.

People have suggested a production forum before, but the decision before was that there isn't enough production talk on here for it to warrant its own section. I dont think a production forum is a bad idea though.

I dont see what's inherintly bad about a seperate rap forum anyways. I mean, if people want to talk about rap, why not have a whole forum thats nothing but rap?

Snap or die forum ASAP.

Here's a question, if there were a separate rap forum, and you weren't allowed to post in it, then what would you talk about?

Making new forums.

Here's a question, if there were a separate rap forum, and you weren't allowed to post in it, then what would you talk about?

Making new forums.

snap or die

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    How about a seperate froum for little dudes? Like a "kiddie table".

Topics:

??? "10 reasons why I love the "Power Of Zeus" break."

??? "Dude, how do I know if my "Power Of Zeus" break is OG???"

??? Best hip hop tracks to use the "Power Of Zeus" break."

etc, etc...

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    sorry, but the term "crate digging" comes from rap music. i'm really dissapointed in a lot of people on the board. a lot of you are starting to come across as old and disconnected. if it was people talking about diamond, and main source, then i'm sure you wouldnt mind. but if it's 3 6 mafia, we need another forum. fuckouttahere. get familiar.