Classic Thread ..... CTI talkin'

1235»

Comments

• are CTI's still cheap and easily found over in the US?
    They hav been joked about a lot on here over the years, and I've heard mentioned the are/were often dollar bin staples.
    Where as over here in the UK in the average used record shop they were like £10-15 a pop for the better ones.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    CTI 70-75 was brilliant.   That it's below many "diggers" is totally convenient.  Leave it in the crates for something ten times the price, I'll pick it up once you're gone. Stanley Turrentine's Salt Song, Milt Jackson's Sunflower, Joe Farrell's Moon Germs; Idris Muhammad's Power of Soul, Randy Weston's Blue Moses - the whole LPs are amazing.   Hubbard's solo on First Light; Red Clay, Gabor Szabo's Thirteen; James's Nautilus and Westchester Lady; Jim Hall's Concierto, George Benson's My Latin Brother.....and on and on.  I come back to this shit more regularly than any prestige, blue note, tribe, strata east, black jazz or muse joint from the same period.   

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    are CTI's still cheap and easily found over in the US?
    They hav been joked about a lot on here over the years, and I've heard mentioned the are/were often dollar bin staples.
    Where as over here in the UK in the average used record shop they were like £10-15 a pop for the better ones.
    CTIs are not as common as they were 10 years a go.  As "commercial" as this music was, you can't deny the album art and sleeve quality.  Plus there was a hand full of classic tunes that were popularized by golden era hip hop.

Francois Von Pierre Parker

• Yeah, definitely not a $1 anymore unless it's Prelude or some Grover Washington Kudu rackords.
    Clean CTIs get the $9.99 frequently around here.
    But so do Springsteen and Fleetwood Mac.