POST SOME "NOW" PICS FROM YOUR COLLECTION....

Comments

• i like this thread! here is a little taste from my collection...

Isn't that "Disco Nights" a compilation? not trying to front, I just wanna know.
    I think I saw it at recordkingz for ??35. What's the deal with it?

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    i like this thread! here is a little taste from my collection...

Isn't that "Disco Nights" a compilation? not trying to front, I just wanna know.

yo ole, hvis jeg ikke husker helt forkert s?? har den et par beats, to styk, ikke noget at skrive hjem om, en comp lp...tror jeg (det sku et stykke tid siden den sidst drejede rundt)

• Do you buy records just to keep the shelves filled? I hope these we all free w/ a bonus blow job...jeez.

1. i dont just collect funkyjazzfacemeltraers. besides, im not gonna try and compete with the wall of famers, i cant find half of those cool shitz anyhow.
    2. the only record in those pictures i paid more than .50 cents for, as a matter of fact, was the village callers. all the sayer, scaggs, and nearly all the phase 4s denvers and village peoples were in fact free.
    3. that said, i like having all those records. sometimes you find something cool to sample, or even listen to on an otherwise wack record. John Denver's got some folk jams.
    4. i got a lot of records. including plenty of "lame" ones. i like 'em.

haha...it's cool I wast just being a wise ass, not really trying to diss.I've seen your "finds" post and you always pick up good shit. Just playing.

• my 2 cents!

I never get tired of looking at these images and dreaming! Recently picked up 'Beat Group' and 'Abstracts' on studio G, pretty nice. PM me if your willing to sell / trade any studio G

• is that emilio santiago the whatmusic reissue? I thought the og had this cover

No, that one is the OG; this one in your pic is the reissue.
    Whatmusic reissued it with its original cover.

Peace
    that sucks, I got mine off dustygroove and they said original pressing. Fuck them

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

is that emilio santiago the whatmusic reissue? I thought the og had this cover

Peace
    that sucks, I got mine off dustygroove and they said original pressing. Fuck them

I would be.

• is that emilio santiago the whatmusic reissue? I thought the og had this cover

Peace

I would be.

just more reason to be jealous of you're collection. I guess I'll just have to spend the bank breaking going rate of $40.00 for an og
    http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/...op=1&fsoo=1

• haha...it's cool I wast just being a wise ass, not really trying to diss.I've seen your "finds" post and you always pick up good shit. Just playing.

word, i wasnt irked or nothin! actually, i guess the whole point was i was playing in the first place by showing off my immaculate boz scaggs raers. which are all fire.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

• How many records do you have in there? I'm guessing 6,000ish on the LP front ... am I even close?

thats only one view of the room. ive never really counted but i'd guess about 18,000 lps. then theres about 40 boxes of 45's.

if i had less space im sure i would have trimmed out more dogs, but as it is ive still carted at least 10 truckloads of low grade/weaksauce etc to the salvation army drop offs over the years. whats left may include the village people, but at least theyre CLEAN copies!

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    karl. i'm totally inspired by your John Denver (not)raers.

• YES!

that molly hatchet guys voice is entertaining. "ammm fleertin with dizastuur!"

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

whats up with that roy meriwther? is it from the 80's? a shop around here has a bunch of sealed copies of one of his from the 80's that might be called opening act 2 or something, i never checked it out though, too scurred of the date

• whats up with that roy meriwther? is it from the 80's? a shop around here has a bunch of sealed copies of one of his from the 80's that might be called opening act 2 or something, i never checked it out though, too scurred of the date

Walk away, son.

• grahamgraham 201 Posts

Much more...K in Canada.
    Bringing out the Canadian soul let me join the party! Oh and you know anything bout the record to the right of the albert jones. Its a Toronto rap crew I just picked up.

• lucerolucero 425 Posts

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    that Carlton Street has the nicest cover!

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    STRICTLY HOUSTON RAER RELATED[/b]

REP YO CITY'S RAER BITCHES[/b]

nice, floss them doubles

You know how we role in Texas.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    that Carlton Street has the nicest cover!

pity about the record. I really think that joint is overhyped!

nice pics lucero... love that blues express people make the world go round cover!!!

i'm comin to melbs soon, pop me your latest moby number on pm.

peace.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Here is some african stuff

The ones on the left are straight up beautiful. Both the Messe a Yaonde and Keita Fodeba are on a spiritual vibe. Slow paced, percussion tinged..just good music and chants.They are some of those ''ethnological records'' to counter that the Akendegue is incredible. Freedom songs with incredible guitar and amazing voice truly beautiful. The Youssou Ndour is also soberingly calm. Black Affairs (Africans in Dominican Rep.) has an incredible cover and is uptempo cadence however the song I live for music is trippy and deep. Finally, bottom center maya diallo was actually recorded here in quebec its a really good percussion and balafon album. Some cuts are like a drumset vs talking drum duet..good stuff

Just want to mention the Toure Kunda Live..Bangin! crazy shit (senegal represent). Paradis Noir is like some african moder and that belles combo is real funky!

nice thread

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    pfft.. no Jackdaw cd?

pfft.. no Jackdaw cd?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

s'what I'm talkin' 'bout!

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Dont make me whip out my MP3 LIST doggie!!!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

Numerous Euro dudes are offering daughters and first borns just for MP3s (read: $$$$$).

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

I like how you are keeping it on a soft bed of linen or something. All CD-R raers need to be protected in a lined drawer of felt or other soft fabrics that will not scratch or damage the CD-R or case.

Deal with it.

• i like this thread! here is a little taste from my collection...

yo ole, hvis jeg ikke husker helt forkert s?? har den et par beats, to styk, ikke noget at skrive hjem om, en comp lp...tror jeg (det sku et stykke tid siden den sidst drejede rundt)

aight...jeg har nemlig haft den selv, men lod den vist g?? forholdsvis billigt.
    Jeg t??nkte bare p??, om der er et eller andet nummer p?? som ikke findes andre steder siden den kan st?? til ??35. Det er n??sten 400kr.(selvf??lglig skal man t??nke p?? at han overpriser dem mange gange, men alligevel!)