POST SOME "NOW" PICS FROM YOUR COLLECTION....

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

That cover always made mi blood caliente...even though
    she has Gabe Kaplan's hairstyle...

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Do you buy records just to keep the shelves filled? I hope these we all free w/ a bonus blow job...jeez.

sm I the only person who thinks the inclusion of village callers LIVE with a bunch of village people LP is hilarious?

nope.

• The United Family is basically Phil flowers's musicians plus family members as vocalists including Phil Flowers Jr., who also goes by "Philip James", Deborah Flowers, and Velma Flowers (arranger).
    Some private records were published on his label, Longwood Music Corp.

Alright, who has "Keep On loving" for me?

you mean this

• there's a young senators lp?

secret promo hehe

• Do you buy records just to keep the shelves filled? I hope these we all free w/ a bonus blow job...jeez.

1. i dont just collect funkyjazzfacemeltraers. besides, im not gonna try and compete with the wall of famers, i cant find half of those cool shitz anyhow.
    2. the only record in those pictures i paid more than .50 cents for, as a matter of fact, was the village callers. all the sayer, scaggs, and nearly all the phase 4s denvers and village peoples were in fact free.
    3. that said, i like having all those records. sometimes you find something cool to sample, or even listen to on an otherwise wack record. John Denver's got some folk jams.
    4. i got a lot of records. including plenty of "lame" ones. i like 'em.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Don't tet Karlaphone's gangsta.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Don't tet Karlaphone's weezza.

dude is runnin' both coasts
    recognize game!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

there's a young senators lp?

secret promo hehe

that's beyond baller status. when's it from and when are you reissuing that shit?

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Here are a few LP's I enjoy that I had lying around. I need to take some spritual jazz collection photo's at some point.

Unlike Reynaldo, I've kept all my tepid terds.

I've decided to keep the unknowns

• @NateBizzo: How's that Nancy Holloway? Is this the one with "Sand and Rain"? Other tracks similiar good?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Let me get one of those, K!

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    @NateBizzo: How's that Nancy Holloway? Is this the one with "Sand and Rain"? Other tracks similiar good?

sand and rain is on that dinha mantha's power library record

nice pics nb

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    @NateBizzo: How's that Nancy Holloway? Is this the one with "Sand and Rain"? Other tracks similiar good?

the holloway/ janin has a seriously incredibly amazing track, cant remember the title, she sings it hurts so bad when you walk away something, really nice soulful vocs over a super funky groove, recommended!!!

• my pharaohs copy dont have the white letters on the cover ... what the deal with this ?

• there's a young senators lp?

secret promo hehe

that's beyond baller status. when's it from and when are you reissuing that shit?

Just to be clear, it is a secret promo but not an LP. It's a promo only 12", and inside the sleeve were some promotional Young Senators goodies including a mini poster. I don't yet know the history of it yet, but I'll know next month when I meet with some of the guys behind it.

• chrischris 287 Posts

my pharaohs copy dont have the white letters on the cover ... what the deal with this ?

they're orange like the background?
    early pressing.

• my pharaohs copy dont have the white letters on the cover ... what the deal with this ?

they're orange like the background?
    early pressing.

yes that's it
    thanks

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    4. i got a lot of records. including plenty of "lame" ones. i like 'em.

How many records do you have in there? I'm guessing 6,000ish on the LP front ... am I even close?

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    STRICTLY HOUSTON RAER RELATED[/b]

REP YO CITY'S RAER BITCHES[/b]

nice, floss them doubles

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    Here are a few LP's I enjoy that I had lying around. I need to take some spritual jazz collection photo's at some point.

Looks like you got that D.R. Hooker you were after, nice.

• The United Family is basically Phil flowers's musicians plus family members as vocalists including Phil Flowers Jr., who also goes by "Philip James", Deborah Flowers, and Velma Flowers (arranger).
    Some private records were published on his label, Longwood Music Corp.

Alright, who has "Keep On loving" for me?

you mean this

Exactly what I'm meaning. Give it to me right now! Please...

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

I've been eating Ramen Noodles the last few weeks to subsidize.

• I've been eating Ramen Noodles the last few weeks to subsidize.

you keep this up your gonna get a tape worm, i promise

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

I've been eating Ramen Noodles the last few weeks to subsidize.

Totally worth it. Congrats on snagging an album I'll only ever dream about.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Oh yeah.... well.... REAL ballers don't use up their camera batteries so wantonly!

• [quote

is that emilio santiago the whatmusic reissue? I thought the og had this cover Image hosting by Photobucket

• my 2 cents!

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

my 2 cents!

Do you still have all those, or have you sold off some of them?

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts

is that emilio santiago the whatmusic reissue? I thought the og had this cover

No, that one is the OG; this one in your pic is the reissue.
    Whatmusic reissued it with its original cover.

Peace

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    [

REP YO CITY'S RAER BITCHES[/b]