TOAST / SANDWICH

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Whats your favorite shits to put on toast or a sandwich?On toast i like some butter and crunchy peanut butter or some true blue vegemite...Nothing beats ham/tomato/cheese/mayo/lettue... some classic shit.Anyone out there have some weird ass shit they put on their 2 slices?peace.

Comments

• In my restaurant days, my favorite manager always said, "There's nothing better than buttered toast." And when the inevitable jackass said, "Nothing?" He would SREAM at them, "I SAID NOTHING!"

I am inlcined to almost agree. Toast- just some melted butter for me.

Sandwiches, though, are a whole different thread. Too many options, though my favorite at home is a little weird- ham on bagguette with melted gruyere and avocado/lime puree. That's a good Sunday afternoon.

edit: type-o

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    toasted whole wheat bread, lettuce, tomato, bacon, honey mustard.

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    BLT, baby.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

Sandwiches, though, as a whole different thread. Too many options, though my favorite at home is a little weird- ham on bagguette with melted gruyere and avocado/lime puree. That's a good Sunday afternoon.

Ciabatta bread, mascarpone cheese, capers, sauteed onions, roasted bell peppers, olive oil-soaked sun dried tomatoes, smoked salmon...

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Sun/Semi dried tomatoes is a must...

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    Rapsberry preserves on 12 grain bread...

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I just ate toast, bacon, cheese, scrambled eggs, Tabasco sauce and, of course, butter. Not a bad combo. I usually make the sandwich with an English muffin but I'm fresh out.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    on Toast:
    Fried Egg 'n' mayo

in Sandwich:
    Lettuce, Tomatoes, Onions, Mortadela (SP?), Salami, Mayo, Pepperocini (SP?), Mayo, Mustard, Pickles.

SG

anyone else fuck with the Japanese Kewpie Mayonaise only and nothin' else?

peace.

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts

Sandwiches, though, as a whole different thread. Too many options, though my favorite at home is a little weird- ham on bagguette with melted gruyere and avocado/lime puree. That's a good Sunday afternoon.

Ciabatta bread, mascarpone cheese, capers, sauteed onions, roasted bell peppers, olive oil-soaked sun dried tomatoes, smoked salmon...

Damn PEK, sounds ill

here's my newest combo -

Pumpernickel bread, salami, meunster, tomato slices, green lettuce, mustard seed spread.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    I just whipped up a batch of boursin cheese to get me through the week. It's murder on your breath, but

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Whats your favorite shits to put on toast or a sandwich?

• sliced large flat mushrooms fried in butter(portobello)

french bread and tomatoes and mayo.

spinach dip sandwich.

bacon and ketchup in thick doorstep slices.

english sausages with ketchup.

ravioli sandwich.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Whats your favorite shits to put on toast or a sandwich?

With some Wasabi! SPICY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peace.

All day foolio, All day....

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

peace.

I can't even eat us mayo... But I put kewpie on damn near everything. Way creamier and richer than us mayo and just squeezing the bottle is a pleasure within itself.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    just squeezing the bottle is a pleasure within itself.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

sayin...

sayin...

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

Lemon mayonaise is that

Avocado, queso, pollo sandwiches

• I like smoked gouda, bacon, avocado, tomato, red onion, and spinach on wheat toast or seven grain bread. I'm also a fan of an egg in the middle, aka a birdie in the nest.

• Vegemite and avocado started my day. Wasabi/smoked salmon/baby spinach dipped in soy, on english muffin is another favorite- but you can't eat shit that every day like veggy/avo.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Nothing beats a good cheese steak (fried onions, sauce & provolone)

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

hell yeah!

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts

TURKEY

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

hell yeah!

Well if you're talking about fucking with a real cheese steak then you aren't fucking with Jim's.

Vegemite and avocado started my day. Wasabi/smoked salmon/baby spinach dipped in soy, on english muffin is another favorite- but you can't eat shit that every day like veggy/avo.

yo son, hit me off! been tryin' to get at you for a while now -- [email]bevan@checkoutwax.com[/email]

peace.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

hell yeah!

Well if you're talking about fucking with a real cheese steak then you aren't fucking with Jim's.

You dig pat's & Gino's better???

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    The king of toast spreads.

If I ever emigrate I'm going to have to get that shit imported, foreign versions just aren't up to scratch.

hell yeah!

You dig pat's & Gino's better???

Italian Kitchen folls!