SLANG words you wish you heard AGAIN

124»

Comments

• some dc slang:

Bamma. as in: "that party sucked. what a bunch of bammas." I guess it is still in use around here. but I really wish it would catch on beyond here.

Carried. similar to "dissed." "that bamma just got straight carrried!" They don't really say this here anymore, I don't think, but I like it.

haha, man, when I was going to school in Orlando about 5 years ago, I had a friend from VA who'd use both of those heavily. Haven't heard 'em since then.

Other old slang I like:

"throw some bass" -Talk smoothly to a female, ala Barry White. "Lemme throw some bass to this girl real quick."

"got designs" -Desire, like "I got designs for her!"

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Other old slang I like:
    "throw some bass" -Talk smoothly to a female, ala Barry White. "Lemme throw some bass to this girl real quick."

U brought it back - Throw Some Bass was that term when I was a teen. It meant to really get yo game on.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I work with a full on backwoods hillbilly that has a saying for any and every occasion...

Some of the one's I've remembered are....

"I'd bang her harder than a screen door in a hurricane"

"Even a blind hog finds an acorn once in a while"

"She's a butter face, everything looks good but her face"

"That was closer than a frog's hair"

"He's/She's so ugly he'd make a train back up down a dirt road"

"He's slicker than owl shit"

"Madder than a wildcat caught in a piss fire"(??)

"About as useful as tits on a Boar Hog"

"Hornier than a two peckered Billy Goat"

Half the time I have no idea what they mean but if you could hear the East Texas/Louisiana accent that accompanies them you'd be laughing your ass off guaranteed....

"That'll go over like a pregnant Pole Vaulter"..

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    all those go well with your avatar...

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    My avatar is actually a characiture of me that I had done at the Blue Tick Healer/Moonshiner's Festival just outside Arkadelphia, Arkansas.

Dude painted it with nothing but his fingernail and some chewing tobacco juice.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Bammer.

I was telling my friend about the RBL Posse song. He obviously did not understand that bammer meant weak or bad. He started saying it all the time, but using it as a positive. He'd say "damn, this burrito is bammer!" But he meant it was good.

other random ones:

-hot as balls
    -adding a bumba to things, as in reference to bumba clot. Or adding a ras clot.
    "this bumba ass buster asked me for some change."
    -brick (cold)
    -busted

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    brick (cold)

This never died out.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Bammer.

Never died, I still hear dudes talking about bammer weed when they leave the Bay Area.

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts
    COOCHIE

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

and last but not least... "the tits".

as in, "yo, that shit is the tits, fam!"

for a little while in the early 90's, 'excellent' could be expressed: "chocolate tits!"