An "I Heart Records SS Campaign"

124»

Comments

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    but I think a lot of the negative reactions stem from dudes acting like rarity equals mega-face-melt heat[/b].

Yo man that is the culture here. For real, that's yalls fault (i mean not you specifically but you know what i mean) for sweating these records. Rare does not = good. Rare = rare. Hard to find. Elusive. Obscure. Kids sit around on these websites and talk about records they've never heard but saw a reissue of or saw on the wall of a record store. I mean Eddie fucking Kendricks - you know, several years ago Cosmo made mention of this AWESOME record and dudes were all like, "I need this in my life". How the hell are you talking about some rare record and you don't have Eddie Kendricks??? Uhhhh, enough of my ranting, I'm in a bad mood, but seriously - don't blame the people that own these records or think they're good, blame the people that DON'T own them and keep sweating them like there's some kind of difference in the music just because they're rare.

• but I think a lot of the negative reactions stem from dudes acting like rarity equals mega-face-melt heat[/b].

Yo man that is the culture here. For real, that's yalls fault (i mean not you specifically but you know what i mean) for sweating these records. Rare does not = good. Rare = rare. Hard to find. Elusive. Obscure. Kids sit around on these websites and talk about records they've never heard but saw a reissue of or saw on the wall of a record store. I mean Eddie fucking Kendricks - you know, several years ago Cosmo made mention of this AWESOME record and dudes were all like, "I need this in my life". How the hell are you talking about some rare record and you don't have Eddie Kendricks??? Uhhhh, enough of my ranting, I'm in a bad mood, but seriously - don't blame the people that own these records or think they're good, blame the people that DON'T own them and keep sweating them like there's some kind of difference in the music just because they're rare.

word word. also, "diggers" who put some time in trying to find moderately rare records at thrifts and fleas should know damn well that the $30 - $40 raer of yesteryear are getting harder to track down...maybe not as many people want them since the reissues or the songs got run to death...but i dont recal the last time i seen that "gthang" leon haywood record. dont know what my point is.

• what no shady dog?

DAAAAAAAMN MAN... !!!

sike. thats a ways out of town. i used to come up there though. it got less and less worth it, but i imagine that some joints pop up now and again. you go there a lot? hit me on the pms with a status report hommie

• CHICAGO is SO absent from this list. lets go you heads. give up the funk. ive been to RECORD BREAKERS before.

ap

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    That's what I was thinking. As well as:

-Atlanta

-Memphis

-Nashville

-Detroit

-Miami

-Las Vegas

-Jersey

-PA outside of Pitt and Philly

Don't disgruntle me. I have faith in you guys. Give up the obvious! Stuff I could look up in a phone book in your hood, still open and operating, still with raer. I'm trying to compile a list for all of us.

Thanks and peace

T.N.

• dont fake the funk you buttholes. record breakers and shit. lets go.