Why Are Some Record Collectros So...........

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited February 2016 in Off Topic (NRR)
Anal RetentiveI just received a 3 page note asking me to describe what an LP that I currently have on ebay smells like.....dude gives me a list of the smells he doesn't want in his house and asks me to rate the odor of the LP on a scale of 1 to 10!!!

Comments

• 4 real??? what smell grade do you give it? tell then...having djed with a box of 45s in a smokey bar for 5 years...basically the same records, what would you reckon their smell-condition is?

thanks for sharing this! madness

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    wow!

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    What's the price of the record he's asking you to do this with?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    What's the price of the record he's asking you to do this with?

Well right now it's at $9.99 with no bids after 3 days.

• muhaha, that??s to sick, you must be jokin

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I only listen to VG+/VG+ Raers with NM- pony smell

• dude gives me a list of the smells he doesn't want in his house

Did he list the smell of p*ssy? Cuz someone this anal has GOT to be

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

Is that your inner donkey speaking?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Is that your inner donkey speaking?

I'm all about modern sloth

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

• Sloths freak me the fuck out.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    My records smell like ice cream.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    My records smell like ice cream.

Little dude smell

• All my records pass thru a clean room before entering my house.

• Why Are Some Record Collectros So...........Anal Retentive?

Ummm, Because they're record collectros?

• Reply:

Cardboard
    Vinyl
    Basement
    possibly poop

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Graf what would you say you smell like?

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

I like records that smell like an orange.

• Graf what would you say you smell like?

Cardboard
    Vinyl
    Basement
    possibly poop

• Anal Retentive

I just received a 3 page note asking me to describe what an LP that I currently have on ebay smells like.....dude gives me a list of the smells he doesn't want in his house and asks me to rate the odor of the LP on a scale of 1 to 10!!!

it reeks of alcohol, cigarettes, and cheap women..i rate it a 10!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

rate [...] the LP on a scale of 1 to 10!!!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    GIMME DAT

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Rockadelic,

I think you need to cut and paste this letter for us. I'm smellin' a Soul Strut Insta-Classic???.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Rockadelic,

I think you need to cut and paste this letter for us. I'm smellin' a Soul Strut Insta-Classic??? hoax[/b].

Rockadelic,

I think you need to cut and paste this letter for us. I'm smellin' a Soul Strut Insta-Classic???.

yesssss!!!!!!!!

GIMME DAT MESSAGE!

• DUDE

DUDE

hi

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Rockadelic,

I think you need to cut and paste this letter for us. I'm smellin' a Soul Strut Insta-Classic™.

I've taken off his name and the first paragraph where he "introduces" himself. Who knows, maybe this guy is here on SS. My wife reminded me that this is not the first guy to ask about how a record smells!!
    __________________________________________________________________________________
    Dear Sir/Madam,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    I am interested in bidding on your ebay item the Eric Dolphy “Out There” LP but need to have some questions answered before I bid. Your photos looks very good but sometimes ebay photos can be misleading so I must ask about the overall condition of the LP. Thank you for your time.

Are the corners of the LP sharp and pointed?
    Are the corners of the jacket bent, creased or rounded in any way?
    Is there any writing on the jacket, inside or out?
    Any rubber stamps or other defacing?
    Is there any mold or mildew on the jacket or vinyl?
    Are the seams and spine perfect or can you see any splits or tears?
    Is there any writing on the label(s) on either side?

You state that the vinyl is Mint so I would take that to mean there are no scuffs or scratches on the vinyl. Please confirm this. Have you cleaned the record and if so, what did you use to clean it with.

Also, can you please tell me if both sides of the label have a deep groove and what is etched into the trail off at the end of each side. Usually it will be letters and #’s. Please tell me what they say.

Most important can you please tell me what the record and jacket smell like. Do they have an odor? I am very particular about the odors that enter my home and am hesitant to put a 50 year old item into my collection if it smells bad. The odors that I find especially offensive seem to be very common with records. Please confirm that the LP does not smell like any of the following bad odors.

Pet odor especially Cats
    Smoke of any kind
    Mildew or Mold even if not visible
    Cooking odors like garlic or curry
    Ether
    Any medical or drug odor
    Perfume or deodorizers
    Any other odor you think I should know about

I also would like to be assured that no pet hair or feathers can be found anywhere on the record. Spider webs or other insect bodies or waste. I know these requests may sound unusual but by allergic reactions in the past make it necessary to determine these things before I allow a record into my home.

If the LP in question does have any of these odors can you pleasde identify which ones and tell me how strong you would rate them on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 representing the most foul odor.

I am very interested in the LP and am looking forward to placing a nice bid on it as soon as you confirm that it does not have any of these problems.

I am looking forward to a swift reply.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXX

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I am very particular about the odors that enter my home and am hesitant to put a 50 year old item into my collection if it smells bad. The odors that I find especially offensive seem to be very common with records. Please confirm that the LP does not smell like any of the following bad odors.

Pet odor especially Cats
    Smoke of any kind
    Mildew or Mold even if not visible
    Ether
    Any medical or drug odor
    Perfume or deodorizers
    Any other odor you think I should know about

I also would like to be assured that no pet hair or feathers can be found anywhere on the record. Spider webs or other insect bodies or waste. I know these requests may sound unusual but by allergic reactions in the past make it necessary to determine these things before I allow a record into my home.

If the LP in question does have any of these odors can you pleasde identify which ones and tell me how strong you would rate them on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 representing the most foul odor.

MY FAVORITE PART:

I am looking forward to a swift reply.[/b]

Too much!

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

RACiSSS!

even the list of condition questions is overthetop.

bubble-dwelling jazz collectro?