what are you doing for NEW YEARS EVE?

autezautez 404 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
im thinking about going to las vegas but i'm not sure yet. whats everyone else doing?

Comments

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    i didnt ask for it off, but i took a sneak peek at next weeks schedule and magically im one of like, 3 people that doesnt have to work that night

yeehaw

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Party at a buddy's house. Kids running around, drunken parents and air mattresses. No DUI derby on amature night.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Some evenings I caregive for a quadrapelgic friend. I'm spending nwew years with him watching movies.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    Some evenings I caregive for a quadrapelgic friend. I'm spending nwew years with him watching movies.

so nice of you.

• Well, might be a meaningless post but still, i will go to a friends party on new years and since i don't feel like drinking as much these days i'm going with the old spliffaroonie on new years and the problem is that this isn't really accepted in Sweden and i know some girls there might give me heat for this but i think its good fun since it's always the argument "well you guys are drunk so why shouldn't i be stoned, each to their own" also i'm better at argumenting these issues than them so they will loose big time, hehehe

/L

• New Year's Eve is actually my birthday. I'm usually dragged from home, force-fed liquor, and turned loose on civilized society.

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    When are you moving to Denmark, Leo?
    Here we all do both. You're more than welcome
    to head down for Copenhagen for our Firehouse New Years party.

• When are you moving to Denmark, Leo?
    Here we all do both. You're more than welcome
    to head down for Copenhagen for our Firehouse New Years party.

That sounds so nice Jakob and of course i have to come over, you're always welcome in the captial of stiffness aswell in fact we're doing a new club starting in january that can be a bit of your cuppa tea, i'll keep you informed dewd

/L

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    playing a house party, and drinking...alot.

• spinning at a bar in the lower east side of manhattan.....

• prolly lampin with gambit in the motor city!!!!!

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    some guy had a party in nyc in annoucements

Antibalas/Sharon Jones and the Dap

If i had dough and was a new-yorker that would be it

• djing some grown and sexy lounge in jerz.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Going to the Rock N Bowl with the fam. in Albany.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    prolly lampin with gambit in the motor city!!!!!

I'll get you details about this very soon, sir.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Automatic Slim's, South Beach.
    Rock night... $50 all you can drink.

• I'll probably play it safe and stay in the crib. Watch a dvd or listen to some records while doing this:

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I have a couple options but aren't 100% on which one to take up yet. I could either go hang with a friend while he DJs Funk & Soul at a local bar which cranks on New Years or go to see the Datsuns play live with another friend.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    im thinking about going to las vegas but i'm not sure yet. whats everyone else doing?

I will DJ at two parties in Maastricht, Holland. We start off in the Cafe Zuid, next to the River Maas with some Funk/Soul/Disco and then I will head over to the Ipanema Club, where I will continue with a freestyle set till dawn (other people performing include Buscemi, Freeform Five and other weird creatures)...then prolly head over to the Cafe Zondag around 6, which is a tiny little bar but people party in there like there is no tomorrow. But apparently there is, as the party will continue there after a quick rest on January 1st at 2 in the afternoon (from 2 to 4 all drinks are free) and will end at 12 nighttime (it's a new years tradition called Dog's Day. But maybe it's just an excuse to continue drinking and all that other ish I guess).... Always a wide variety of music, from salsa via bass via HipHop to Techno, Rock classics, everything cut up nicely... Any Strutters within the region feel free to drop by and party with me & the folks in case you don't know what to do....

www.a-gogo.nu

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    Since my girl is big as a house (pregnant), Im doing the 12 oclock thing at my house with some friends.
    Then at 2, I will spin some rackords at my friendly neighborhood bar, and get shitfaced.

• DJing a show with Memphis' best rock band The Joint Chiefs...and prolly drinking whiskey while I do that.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    doing the door at a party til 2AM then playing two other parties after that. i'm hoping to get home by 7 AM and spend most of the first day of 2006 in bed.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    going up to carmel/moterey with my love thurs-sun. she still goes to ucb so i dont get to see her all that much. itll be all romantic walks on beach, cloudy headed breakfasts, and... um... i dunno what else. anybody have any suggestions? the reason we're heading there is my step pops has a couple motels up there so he hooked up a room gratis. trying to get my hands on some e for new years eve (*cough* pm if u know a hookup in la*).

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i've still got a shitload of artillery shells and other big fireworks from the 4th, so prolly just drinking cheap beer & BBQ, and blowing stuff up with the kiddo (he won't be drinking). there are a bunch of kids in my neighborhood, so they always end up getting into some trouble... my son incl. that's cool.