Worst Movies of 2005

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Category includes also: most overhyped and most disappointing (but limited to shit I actually saw)

Comments

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    I thought episode III was ill.

"with you always" on the otherhand...

the aristocrats was the exact opposite of worst movie i've seen this year. and i thought wedding crashers sucked big time aside from that creepy gay character that kept coming on to the dude. oh and phuck constantine, that was a horrid piece of sheit, i dont know why i give keanuu second chances.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Fukk I liked SWIII

Bombs are films like

The Dukes of Hazzard
    A Sound of Thunder
    & Electra

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    i actually liked the sith but then again, anything would have been better than the clones episode.

fantastic four needed a better director. of course aeon flux was my shit..

short list of bad movies:

Are We There Yet?
    Constantine
    Lords of Dogtown
    The Fog

and although i got panned upon release:

The Longest Yard

was hilarious IMO

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    1.War of the Worlds(most disappointing)
    2.The Machinist( most overhyped)

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Ouch.

• no doubt Charlie and The Chocolate Factory sucked.

BUT THE WORST MOVIE (EVEN THOUGH IT WASN'T A BIG ONE) WAS HAVOC.

That's the one with Bijou Philips and the girl from Princess Diaries. That was HORRIBLE!

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    BloodRayne, and Alone in the Dark. Uwe boll masterpieces.

- spidey

• king kong was 10 of the worst movies all rolled into one.

• flunkflunk 230 Posts
    How can anyone that grew up with the og star wars give any creedance to that pap.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    How can anyone that grew up with the og star wars give any creedance to that pap.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Hands down the worst movie of 2005 and possibly ever was Gus Van Sant's "Last Days". I wasted 4 dollars and an hour and a half of my life last night that I want back god damnit.

• How can anyone that grew up with the og star wars give any creedance to that pap.

Because, like, the dude who invented Star Wars... He made it. I prefer George Lucas' version of Star Wars to any other version I'm aware of. Love to see Odub's fan fic tho.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Because, like, the dude who invented Star Wars... He made it. I prefer George Lucas' version of Star Wars to any other version I'm aware of. Love to see Odub's fan fic tho.

Episode III was 90% garbage with 10% decent action sequences. The best thing about the movie is that it means Lucas will stop destroying his own legacy.

I mean, dude, Miles Davis was the fucking man. That doesn't mean "Doo-Bop" wasn't complete crapola.

• I suspect the prequels will age better than late Miles.

George Lucas' legacy must be indestructible. I mean, you and all the other haters knew what you were getting into after the first two... Right? I mean you didn't think it was going to be 1977 again once the movie was over, right?

Nah, it ain't like the third Matrix movie where nobody went because they really didn't care anymore... The prequels are visual masterpieces; wonderful, ambitious, bizarre movies, and they wouldn't be so popular if it was all just marketing and nostalgia and nothing else. Even their awful parts are weirdly inspired and I think they'll endure. Time will tell. Maybe your kid will explain it to you someday...

• flunkflunk 230 Posts
    I suspect the prequels will age better than late Miles.

George Lucas' legacy must be indestructible. I mean, you and all the other haters knew what you were getting into after the first two... Right? I mean you didn't think it was going to be 1977 again once the movie was over, right?

Nah, it ain't like the third Matrix movie where nobody went because they really didn't care anymore... The prequels are visual masterpieces; wonderful, ambitious, bizarre movies, and they wouldn't be so popular if it was all just marketing and nostalgia and nothing else. Even their awful parts are weirdly inspired and I think they'll endure. Time will tell. Maybe your kid will explain it to you someday...

the prequels are wack as fuck.....deal with it

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    On a stand-alone basis SWIII was ass. Seriously, the best part of the movie was when anakin was missing all his limbs and my friend yelled "Get back here, I'll bite you to death!#!@!".

Other than Star Wars I didn't watch any movies that I really hated. Saw was very wack, but I was really scared when I watched it, so it acheived what it intended to do.

• Nobody is steppin to Cave in terms of an absolute waste of money and time.

Somehow I got suckered into thinking it was good. Boy was I wrong.

• king kong was 10 of the worst movies all rolled into one.

Man was it that bad? Someone just picked it for #1 in the Best Movie thread. Not like I'm trying to see it or anything just wondering...

king kong was 10 of the worst movies all rolled into one.

Man was it that bad? Someone just picked it for #1 in the Best Movie thread. Not like I'm trying to see it or anything just wondering...
    That was me. I really liked it. Even if you're not into the story (which I was) the special effects are amazing. This really doesn't belong in the worst movie thread.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Star Wars Episode III was one of the most enjoyable shit movies I've seen in a while. Everytime they started to talk I was cracking up. I think the dross of the first two prequels had helped reduce the pain.

Also, Fantastic Four was so bad it was almost unwatchable, I haven't prayed for the death of the heroic lead so badly since Daredevil.

Also, Fantastic Four was so bad it was almost unwatchable, I haven't prayed for the death of the heroic lead so badly since Daredevil.
    I agree that it wasn't the greatest movie, but I found Doom to be very dope and the interaction between Grimm and Human Torch to be hillarious (in a cheesy way that fans of F4 can enjoy).

• Star Wars III was quite good i would say, faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better than the 2 before this one (but then again how hard can that be?)

my choice:

Brothers Grimm, i had looked forward to this movie for ages and then it came and was CRAP, stressed plot, bad effects and too much humour.. grrr....

/Leo

Brothers Grimm, i had looked forward to this movie for ages and then it came and was CRAP, stressed plot, bad effects and too much humour.. grrr....
    Yeah, that was terrible (forgot about it). I say that and I am a very big fan of Gilliam. HUGE dissapointment. I'm angry now just thinking about it!

I was so mad after watching it I tried to find as many interviews of Terry Gilliam as possible, just to find an explanation as to why he would make this trite.

• Brothers Grimm, i had looked forward to this movie for ages and then it came and was CRAP, stressed plot, bad effects and too much humour.. grrr....
    Yeah, that was terrible (forgot about it). I say that and I am a very big fan of Gilliam. HUGE dissapointment. I'm angry now just thinking about it!

I was so mad after watching it I tried to find as many interviews of Terry Gilliam as possible, just to find an explanation as to why he would make this trite.

Yeah i know, what's up with that?? How can the man make Brazil and Time Bandits and then this? Something is seriously wrong..

/Leo

• "Lords of Dogtown"

When I watched this with some friends we couldn't believe how awful it was but I'm ashamed to say by the end I found myself enjoying it.

Yeah i know, what's up with that?? How can the man make Brazil and Time Bandits and then this? Something is seriously wrong..

/Leo
    Don't forget about the Baron Munchausen!

I think it was a combination of his directing style and the script. Having weird angled zoom shots with badly timed puns is

In the interviews he seemed to imply it was a money picture and that he had a lot of problems with the producers. I think at one point during the filming he took a long break to film another movie (or it was the other way around).

• no contest

Alone In The Dark

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    I walked into "Happy Endings" in the theatre not knowing anything about it and damn .... that movie was terrible. Predictable and uninteresting characters. Bad acting. Awful plot. I got 30 minutes deep and walked out - first time I walked out since I was a kid.

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    Episode 3 was the shit. It was 80% good & 20% pap. Think about it really. This is the order of greatness - empire, a new hope, revenge of the sith, return, attack of the clones & then phatom menace. Revenge of the sith is a better movie than return....no doubt. :P

• Star Wars 3 was great. Enjoyed it alot.

The most unrewarding hours I ever spend in a cinema was watching Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy[/b] It felt like sitting in a train compartment with someone who has absolutely nothing to say but who can't shut up and talks real loud. I wasn't able to laugh or even smile for days. My laughing muscles somehow got numbed for a period. Terrible, terrible movie.