Funky cover version of Lay Lady Lay?

13»

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Haven't heard On The Beach. I was looking up the LP cover on google and I've never seen that album in the field ever that I recall, and boy, have I seen and had a crapload of Neil Young LPs go through my hands over the years. I don't think I'm a contrarian/hatter, I recently was having a battle about the merits of The Beatles on here (I was pro-Beatles). With either one of them, I'm not like "Goddamn, I need to remove the record." I think to myself, "Self, these guys aren't very good singers for being so popular." I'm glad some suggestions for lay lady lay and amusing moments came out of this thread though.

Soulstrutters are constantly trying to get dudes/ladies to like stuff they're not into. Let the music do the talking (soundclipraer), words on a page will NEVER get me to feel a song or album more than if I listen to it and it hits me.

Peace
    T.N.

• Neil Young is whiney, Bob dylan is scratchy, and i love them both

and on the "bad signer but i like it" tip, i love the version of LLL on this-

• "on the beach" is a tough one to catch...so is the debut neil young album...but "on the beach" is the one album that i think could sway a non-believer.

and honestly, i hardly ever listen to dylan or neil young...yet here i am defending them!

it is pretty crazy how devoted people can be to them.

• "on the beach" is a tough one to catch...

First record I ever bought on ebay. I pretty much gave up on finding one "in the real world." Side 2 for days...

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Neil Young is whiney, Bob dylan is scratchy, and i love them both

and on the "bad signer but i like it" tip, i love the version of LLL on this-

I really like the flip of her hit BRAND NEW KEY-- Some Say I got Devil. Anyone else like this cheese. AP? D Castle?

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

Why do I get the feeling the artist drew the hair first then added the people? And why is JesusOne making that man do trepanning on a clown while JesusTwo holds him down?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    He works in mysterious ways, no?

• Hi there just wondered.
    I'm doing a wild & wierd non cover version of lay lady lay and I am looking for some dope loops.
    Any chance you can email any of the loops / trax

[email]steveebeatz@hotmail.com[/email]

Peace

Stevee Beatz

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    non cover version of lay lady lay

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Me confused as well...

• GambleGamble 844 Posts

*HIJACK*
    bullshit like Kelly Clarkson, Justin Timberlake[/b] , either of the Simpson girls, etc. that kind of bullshit that in 10 years no one is even going to remember

Doesnt belong on the list, Hookup. I garauntee people will be bumping Justified in 10 years time. What is your beef with him again? He tries to be too Atlanta or something?

*HIJACK*

* all of the above was typed with zero hostility. Haters watch out.*

• *HIJACK*
    bullshit like Kelly Clarkson, Justin Timberlake[/b] , either of the Simpson girls, etc. that kind of bullshit that in 10 years no one is even going to remember

Doesnt belong on the list, Hookup. I garauntee people will be bumping Justified in 10 years time. What is your beef with him again? He tries to be too Atlanta or something?

*HIJACK*

* all of the above was typed with zero hostility. Haters watch out.*

He bought Stax.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Hi there just wondered.
    I'm doing a wild & wierd non cover version of lay lady lay and I am looking for some dope loops.
    Any chance you can email any of the loops / trax

[email]steveebeatz@hotmail.com[/email]

Peace

Stevee Beatz

You are too, too much.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    hell yeah Stevee Beatz!!!!!!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I'm not a huge Nashville Skyline fan, but I can understand its appeal - especially for cats who can't stand "mangy Dylan."

Look: If you don't understand Dylan's voice, you don't understand Woody Guthrie or earlier American folk music, either. You cannot tell me in the same voice that you like Guthrie and Van Ronk in their iterations and don't like Dylan. KEEP IN MIND: I'm not equating Dylan to Folk Heroes. I see him as a logical extension of Guthrie's ilk, and not a contemporary. Let's not stumble upon that exposed tree-root.

If you don't "get" Neil Young, I'd urge to to listen to one of his quieter albums all the way through, in the background (even in another room), while you're doing housework or homework. Young's aural value is in the quavery folds of his voice - much like an old leather chair works, even though it might be unsightly. It's like your WWII Veteran grandpa letting you in on things Only Big Dudes Know (see: Needle and the Damage Done). In this manner, his SNL performance really worked for me. You want bad vocal and mental aging? Go listen to Lou Reed's "The Raven." Sheeeeesh.

It's about tone. Listen to Girl From the North Country (the one on Freewheelin') again.

You cats - so hung up on Pretty. God is in the crannies, granny.