Best of Rawkus - Hatters Load Your Clips

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I'm specifically talking about Coflo and RA being almost completely targeted towards whites.

Why did i care then? i'm not white.Everyone knew him from the BIGGIE song,and saw his potential.

Even Biggie--who was on the damn song--admitted to not feeling dude.

I'm specifically talking about Coflo and RA being almost completely targeted towards whites.

Why did i care then? i'm not white.Everyone knew him from the BIGGIE song,and saw his potential.

Sorry Magnetic the board has spoken. You automatically become white when you like a white rapper on Rawkus.

So you guys are saying that it's impossible to target music to a specific demographic?

You must understand that Guzzo is extremely uncomfortable with acknowledging the existence of race.

• I'm specifically talking about Coflo and RA being almost completely targeted towards whites.

When did he say this?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

When did he say this?

I think the magazine name was Peace magazine. He basically dissed RA straight up and said he only did the song because he was paid for it.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

When did he say this?

I think the magazine name was Peace magazine. He basically dissed RA straight up and said he only did the song because he was paid for it.

I think they quote it in the bio too (titled UNBELIEVABLE I think??)

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

When did he say this?

Noz take on it
    Rugged's often played up his relationship with BIG but not all accounts back that up. I can't find the quote right now, but Biggie once said something along the lines of "fuck that white boy, they just paid me a ton of money to work with him". Either way, Rugged was able to bring out Biggie at his all out nastiest. They don't make rap like this anymore.

The interview in peace magazine 1995
    BIG was asked to rate rappers
    Big rated R.A. the Rugged Man, who claimed Big once thought of bringing him to Bad Boy Records in an XXL interview last week. Surprisingly, the Brooklyn emcee stated, " The white boy? The one that I did the jam with? That's who you talkin' about? Two... Might be a three. I did the song, they paid me a lot of money, that's why I did it. The beat was knockin."

When did he say this?

This is all I could find online right now:

Biggie rates other rappers.

A lost Notorious B.I.G. interview with Peace Magazine from 1995 recently surfaced on the internet. In the piece, an audience shouts the names of several rappers while Big responds by rating them. The session resulted in Biggie giving thumbs up to artists like Redman, Too $hort, Mc Eiht, DJ Quik, Snoop Dogg, Nas, Gangstarr, Outkast, Scarface, Ice Cube and The Roots, while he dissed his labelmate Craig Mack, and R.A. Rugged Man[/b], among others. After handing zeros to E-40 and sp!ce 1, Frank White commented on Mack, saying, "I can't give him a zero though 'cause he got some hot sh!t but like five-four since he on some different sh!t, some sh!t I can't relate to. I'm from the hood, he from the suburbs so it's completely different sh!t. I don't really like the music too much. I like the beats but that (scats) it's not for me, it's just some pretty kid sh!t." Moments after Big shared that he doesn't like to decipher lyrics, he gave Nas and Jeru The Damaja 10's. An audience member shouted out KRS-One to which Big answered, "I don't like KRS no more 'cause he just think he's too dope. He let his ego take over his sh!t and that's what brings him down. When he was like that (shouts "Blow it to yourself"), when he was like that, then he was a ten but now, 'I am Hip Hop'!!! Eat a dick ni99a. Eat a muthaphukkin' dick!" Later on, Big rated R.A. the Rugged Man, who claimed Big once thought of bringing him to Bad Boy Records in an XXL interview last week. Surprisingly, the Brooklyn emcee stated, " The white boy? The one that I did the jam with? That's who you talkin' about? Two... Might be a three. I did the song, they paid me a lot of money, that's why I did it. The beat was knockin."[/b] Big later bigged up The Roots and cleared rumors that he dissed them on Craig Mack's "Flava In Ya Ear" remix.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

I think he said it in a sarcastic manner,all the greats in my eyes have worked with RA(Sadat X and others).Come on you cant tell me you dont hear the talent in the Rugged Man.

When did he say this?

I'm sure the interview is available online somewhere.

The interviewer asked him what he thought of the RA the Rugged Man, and Biggie was initially dumbfounded until recognition dawned: "Oh, you mean the white boy?"

• Not because folks like Co or R.A.[/b] appealed to white people[/b] but because they helped give Rawkus an identity and reputation with white people[/b]. That's all there is to it.

I agree.

oh god, here comes that same song and dance "It takes a white person to appeal to a white person" bullshit again. If you don't think Mos Def and Talib Kweli were apealing to white folks than you probably never went to their shows, bought their records, orgot into a conversation about "underground" hip-hop. Either that or, like I said earlier, you're smoking crack

Adam, you're misunderstanding it - these artists didn't come out all at the same time, Co Flow made it possible for those other records to come out. I think them being white definitely factored into it.

It's possible I'm wrong about this, but weren't 2 out of the 3 guys in Company Flow African-American? Does having one white member make them a white rap group?

I dont hear anything even remotely close to talent in the Rugged Man.

All the greats in my eyes have worked with RA

This is a hip-hop quotable right here!

I dont hear anything even remotely close to talent in the Rugged Man.

Not because folks like Co or R.A.[/b] appealed to white people[/b] but because they helped give Rawkus an identity and reputation with white people[/b]. That's all there is to it.

I agree.

oh god, here comes that same song and dance "It takes a white person to appeal to a white person" bullshit again. If you don't think Mos Def and Talib Kweli were apealing to white folks than you probably never went to their shows, bought their records, orgot into a conversation about "underground" hip-hop. Either that or, like I said earlier, you're smoking crack

Adam, you're misunderstanding it - these artists didn't come out all at the same time, Co Flow made it possible for those other records to come out. I think them being white definitely factored into it.

It's possible I'm wrong about this, but weren't 2 out of the 3 guys in Company Flow African-American? Does having one white member make them a white rap group?

Mr. Len is Black, I don't even remember the other dude to be honest. Let's face it though, Co flo = Elpee. The white dude does make the group. That's like D12 without Em or The BEP without Fergie. --- whoa.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Mr. Len is Black, I don't even remember the other dude to be honest. Let's face it though, Co flo = Elpee. The white dude does make the group. That's like D12 without Em or The BEP without Fergie. --- whoa.

Big Jus, the other MC, was black

Yeah the other dude is black for sure,his name is Bigg Jus i just ordered his new album on mush records.

• I'm specifically talking about Coflo and RA being almost completely targeted towards whites.

When did he say this?

A lost Notorious B.I.G. interview with Peace Magazine from 1995 recently surfaced on the internet. In the piece, an audience shouts the names of several rappers while Big responds by rating them. The session resulted in Biggie giving thumbs up to artists like Redman, Too $hort, Mc Eiht, DJ Quik, Snoop Dogg, Nas, Gangstarr, Outkast, Scarface, Ice Cube and The Roots, while he dissed his labelmate Craig Mack, and R.A. Rugged Man[/b], among others. After handing zeros to E-40 and sp!ce 1, Frank White commented on Mack, saying, "I can't give him a zero though 'cause he got some hot sh!t but like five-four since he on some different sh!t, some sh!t I can't relate to. I'm from the hood, he from the suburbs so it's completely different sh!t. I don't really like the music too much. I like the beats but that (scats) it's not for me, it's just some pretty kid sh!t." Moments after Big shared that he doesn't like to decipher lyrics, he gave Nas and Jeru The Damaja 10's. An audience member shouted out KRS-One to which Big answered, "I don't like KRS no more 'cause he just think he's too dope. He let his ego take over his sh!t and that's what brings him down. When he was like that (shouts "Blow it to yourself"), when he was like that, then he was a ten but now, 'I am Hip Hop'!!! Eat a dick ni99a. Eat a muthaphukkin' dick!" Later on, Big rated R.A. the Rugged Man, who claimed Big once thought of bringing him to Bad Boy Records in an XXL interview last week. Surprisingly, the Brooklyn emcee stated, " The white boy? The one that I did the jam with? That's who you talkin' about? Two... Might be a three. I did the song, they paid me a lot of money, that's why I did it. The beat was knockin."[/b] Big later bigged up The Roots and cleared rumors that he dissed them on Craig Mack's "Flava In Ya Ear" remix.

Wait a minute...Biggie like Gangstarr and The Roots but gave E-40 a zero? Maybe he faked his own death and is currently posting at OkayPlayer.com.

When did he say this?

Wait a minute...Biggie like Gangstarr and The Roots but gave E-40 a zero? Maybe he faked his own death and is currently posting at OkayPlayer.com.

yeah, in the same interview, if I'm not mistaken, he called the whole south "garbage".

When did he say this?

the homie, R.H. The Hoggin' Man, now burns his Biggie's 12 discography in a offering to The Watermelon"

When did he say this?

Regional hatt.

According to Cheo Coker's Biggie book, 40's crew later confronted Biggie when he was in the Bay over that interview.

Maybe some people on the board can shed further light on that story.

yeah, in the same interview, if I'm not mistaken, he called the whole south "garbage".
    Now you see why we cant take anything he said in the interview seriously.

• According to Cheo Coker's Biggie book, 40's crew later confronted Biggie when he was in the Bay over that interview.

"Boom boom boom BOOM on a trick!"

• According to Cheo Coker's Biggie book, 40's crew later confronted Biggie when he was in the Bay over that interview.

"Boom boom boom BOOM on a trick!"

I'd tap...

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

I'd tap...

....thats it....I'M DONE WITH SOULSTRUT!!!

• HAHAHAHAHA

• I'm sure the interview is available online somewhere.

The interviewer asked him what he thought of the RA the Rugged Man, and Biggie was initially dumbfounded until recognition dawned: "Oh, you mean the white boy?"

I'm still getting over the ear trauma of hearing his band "The White Mandingos" demo tape.

I'm sure the interview is available online somewhere.

I'm still getting over the ear trauma of hearing his band "The White Mandingos" demo tape.

[MS Sarcasm Font] you just couldn't hear the talent.[/MS Sarcasm Font]

According to Cheo Coker's Biggie book, 40's crew later confronted Biggie when he was in the Bay over that interview.

oh that was *that* interview?

iirc big and 40 squashed that beef not too long after. on some "I got no beef with you, just your music."

iirc big and 40 squashed that beef not too long after. on some "I got no beef with you, just your music."

Well, that's Coker's account, which doesn't make much sense to me: Biggie says 40's music is garbage; 40 gets mad; Biggie "clarifies" that he still thinks 40's music is garbage; 40 is mollified.

Well, that's Coker's account, which doesn't make much sense to me: Biggie says 40's music is garbage; 40 gets mad; Biggie "clarifies" that he still thinks 40's music is garbage; 40 is mollified.

they probably just bonded over their mutual dislike of the rugged man. and skinny dudes.