I AM THROUGH WITH CRATE DIGGING REVEALED

2»

Comments

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    first, huge respect, for knowledge info and deepness, i havent been on this board that long but your shit is definitely the realass-shit and it will surely be missed by everybody.... who the fucks gonna lay down the heavy oldschool vibe from now on, or on obscure stuff like mexican christmas drumming....(i still would like to check that one)

peace!!!

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    I've been on here posting under different guises for close to 4 years and your contributions were always good reading - knowledge and wit dropped all over. Later.

So where's the blog?

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    Bad news like this should be reserved for a monday! Im new to the boards but i can see mr most will surely be missed on here. An update to world of beats would be great though...but probably unlikely.

• I've been on here posting under different guises for close to 4 years and your contributions were always good reading - knowledge and wit dropped all over. Later.

So where's the blog?

http://worldofbeatsv2.blogspot.com/

• Don't go Phil

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!!!!!
    We'll miss you, Phill. Godspeed on your future endeavors

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Phill will be missed. I hope you're just playin'.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I usually abhor these "i'm leaving soulstrut for good" threads............usually it's by attention whores who just want people to fawn over them.

However...........

this is different, I can see why Phil did it. He has been called upon to defend everything under the sun as of late by the usual hatt suspects on this board. Which is a shame really, since they're winning out and driving away some valuable contributors like Phil. If you want to take this back, we can blame the UK exodus on the exact same reasoning.

again, thanks Phil for sending that GUN stuff to everybody, that was mighty generous of you.

• Sad day for soulstrut.
    If you ever decide now is the time to cop that new MPC, you know who to holler at homie.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I usually abhor these "i'm leaving soulstrut for good" threads............usually it's by attention whores who just want people to fawn over them.

However...........

this is different, I can see why Phil did it. He has been called upon to defend everything under the sun as of late by the usual hatt suspects on this board. Which is a shame really, since they're winning out and driving away some valuable contributors like Phil. If you want to take this back, we can blame the UK exodus on the exact same reasoning.

again, thanks Phil for sending that GUN stuff to everybody, that was mighty generous of you.

For real - the GUN cds/lps are great.

When a dude like Phill steps away from the board it says something. I'm surprised there isn't more discussion about this. If someone wants to stop contributing its their choice - People outgrow shit & move on. Life is dynamic. I think this is a comment on the state of things on the board, though. Maybe too much hate going around & not enough respect?

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    I think this is a comment on the state of things on the board, though. Maybe too much hate going around & not enough respect?

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    I think this is a comment on the state of things on the board, though. Maybe too much hate going around & not enough respect?

But it's symptomatic of hip-hop in general tho' - in so far as elders receive little respect in the greater schema - as someone in the latter part of his 3rd decade of existence (me), Phill's presence on the board always was reassuring in that it spoke volumes that the platitude age is but a state of mind held forth w/ regards to the music - it is unsettling and if the younger folks wanna confer and act belligerently, so be it, but it likely will convince saner heads to follow Phill's lead...

I sometimes muse on the mid-'80s and surmise that a lot of people who swear by the aesthetic espoused by the board may have just been metalheads (wearing Iron Maiden 'Eddie' baseball t-shirts and w/ whom I constantly was @ odds) if we were back in that decade - it just so happens that hip-hop [and its derivations (source as well as extensions)] carries more popular currency in 2005 than it did in 1985...

OG respect - it doesn't just apply to wax - heads up to Phill...

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

If you are serious, your presence will surely be missed. I really appreciate the weight and wit you bring to the table.

• I really appreciate the weight and wit you bring to the table.

I think everyone does... people get heated in arguments here but it's all just music...

I don't think I would come here much if everyone agreed on everything.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Despite disagreeing with Phill on several things, I hope I've never come across as disrespectful to the man because I certainly have nothing but the utmost respect for the dude.

His bitter ass will be sorely missed. AYO!

-e

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    does this mean there isn't going to be a shitting your pants while farting thread?????

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

this might be one of the most ridiculous things i've read since i've been here....

i'm not trying to start beef/controversy....just sayin'

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    does this mean there isn't going to be a shitting your pants while farting thread?????

Don't forget the thread on the intricacies of dealing with body hair.

• Ahhhh, what da hell... ain't no need for me to be so rash about things. I might check back in every now and then. Who knows. Thanks for the outpouring of support, alla y'all who poured it out.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    *PHEW*

I thought we lost you to: The Underground

SoulStrut really doesn't have sh*t on

Where there is a part of the forum dedicated to posting audio of your farts and much, much more...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Ahhhh, what da hell... ain't no need for me to be so rash about things. I might check back in every now and then. Who knows. Thanks for the outpouring of support, alla y'all who poured it out.

• Ahhhh, what da hell... ain't no need for me to be so rash about things. I might check back in every now and then. Who knows. Thanks for the outpouring of support, alla y'all who poured it out.

yesssss Philll, glad to see you back, had us worried there. you're like my favorite poster here, perfect mixture of comedy, deep knowledge, and the real schlitt. plus heads are slackin on NFL threads w/o you (although i was wondering if this whole 'i'm leaving' thing had anything to do with your, um, betting activity )