Arthur Verocai S/T Appreciation

Comments

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    I am based in London, but know all about S.American grading issues!
    The three copies were all M- copies. There were no marks, or noise on the records. I am fussy about quality of records, only take VG+ to M- copies for myself and for selling. To find three copies is lucky, but to find all three in such good condition was very fortunate...

Here are some records of a similar style, and some that are just for dropping the needle and listening all the way through!

Antonio Adolfo : Idem Philips 72
    Azimuth : Idem Som Livre 75
    Burnier e Cartier : Idem RCA 74
    Eduardo Conde : Minha Chegada Philips 69
    Filo : Idem Chantecler 78
    Egberto Gismonte : Idem Elenco 69
    Egbero Gismonte : Sonho 70 Polydor 70
    Cesar Mariano & Cia : Sao Paulo RCA 77
    Piri : Voces Querem Mate? Quartin 70
    Sexteto do Beco : Idem Fundacao Cultural Do Estado Da Bahia 80
    Gay Vaquer : The Morning Of The Musicians RCA 73

Thanks! Yeah that Cesar Mariano is dope.

• Huge cosign

One of my favourite albums of all time. In my top #2. Nothing really sounds very similar to this album that I've heard but the next thing for me is Milton Nascimento, especially Courage, Cluba de Esquina (sp?) and S/T.

According to a brazilian soulseeker I texteded with, he still performs regularly in Rio.
    Dude is making a new album too

Whats' the deal with the new album? Who's he working with? When's it dropping?
    -J

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    i dont know.. i dig the record but its never BLOWN me away.. probably cause of the hype.

i still put it on every once in awhile trying to "get it" but it never seemes to kick in...

Dude, I remember reading your list of albums you deleted after the first listen during the massive uploading, and being like pssshhhh..... I'm still waiting to hear what you DO like. I like your music though.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Huge cosign

One of my favourite albums of all time. In my top #2. Nothing really sounds very similar to this album that I've heard but the next thing for me is Milton Nascimento, especially Courage, Cluba de Esquina (sp?) and S/T.

According to a brazilian soulseeker I texteded with, he still performs regularly in Rio.

Dude is making a new album too

Whats' the deal with the new album? Who's he working with? When's it dropping?

-J

His site says the new album (released in 2002) is a private press and sold only through personal contact.

It's possible to listen to the full album; link here . Click on the "clique pra ouvir" link under the CD cover.

A review in English about the new album can be read here

Peace

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    can i holla at anyone for a reup?

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    dude

I was just playing this album last night... I cannot get over how perfect the whole thing is.... front to back, no weak tracks... some seriously deeep music

i have OG 192kbps mp3s of his LP... Aser hooked it up... if anyone has the 320kbps versions, I will pay mad loot, i hear those ones go for like a bill on GEMM.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

of course

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts

I reupped it today at the board.

Peace

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    thanks hommies!

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    Dudes:

i dig the record

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    god damn this shit is awesome. presente grego and dedicada a ela are my shit!!!

• Bump! I'm going to attach myself to this thread .. recently got this on my ipod and I must say it's lives to the hype. A pitty about the sound quality though .. not sure of the source of the mp3's here but it's pretty blurry. Can anyone with the uqb vinyl reissue post a note about the recording?

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

Anyone have an extra Celia S/T on Continental? I'm diggin' that one too...

• I have been loving this LP for some time now. I got the reish on LP at my store, but I have been having tracking problems w/ the Ubiquity press. Anybody elese have the same problem? It jumps on the 1st track and towards the end of side one a lot. The grooves look a little thin.

• Massive cosign on this appreciation!!!

I acctually hadn't heard this until last night, i've been pestering my frined to hear this from his computer and he downloaded it years ago but never listened to it and said that he thought it was "ok but not the best" , needless to say it never got a fair chance or probably drowned in massive stream of other downloaded songs on his PC. Well we listened to this last night and man oh man was it good, totally mind blowing stuff i can easily see what all the fuzz is about..

So, who of you guys can send me this album as mp3s so i can listen at work? Pleeeeaaaaaaasssseeeeeeeee i need to hear it nownownow

/L

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts
    Massive cosign on this appreciation!!!

I acctually hadn't heard this until last night, i've been pestering my frined to hear this from his computer and he downloaded it years ago but never listened to it and said that he thought it was "ok but not the best" , needless to say it never got a fair chance or probably drowned in massive stream of other downloaded songs on his PC. Well we listened to this last night and man oh man was it good, totally mind blowing stuff i can easily see what all the fuzz is about..

So, who of you guys can send me this album as mp3s so i can listen at work? Pleeeeaaaaaaasssseeeeeeeee i need to hear it nownownow

/L

i can send you the album when i'm home from work. which will be in about 5 hours.

• Massive cosign on this appreciation!!!

/L

i can send you the album when i'm home from work. which will be in about 5 hours.

And then i won't be at work but big thanks anyhow

/L

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

lo borges

This record is amazing. "O Trem Azul" - WHAT??!!

• Bump! I'm going to attach myself to this thread .. recently got this on my ipod and I must say it's lives to the hype. A pitty about the sound quality though .. not sure of the source of the mp3's here but it's pretty blurry. Can anyone with the uqb vinyl reissue post a note about the recording?

my friend who's got an original says ubiquity over compressed it.

The vinyl is a bit blurry aswell, and the press seems to be so-so, my needle skipped a couple of times just after I bought it. I had to run the whole record backwards three times, and then it was ok. When it comes to this record, I don't give a shit about the quality..

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    yea hi think the ubiquity vinyl doesnt sound particularly great.. ive now listened to this record a half dozen times since i was chastised for not jizzing on it... i still dont really get the hype..

• does anyone on here wanna give up their ubiquity reissue in a trade? im desperate to get this LP and i cant afford an OG (one went on ebay for over $1000 to one of our fellow strutters!)

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Today was a good day

btw... the original sounds waaaaay better than the reissue!

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    you dirty dog.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    Today was a good day

Congrats

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    drool

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Today was a good day

b/w

how about a quality digital transfer in the form of mp3s for the masses?

how about a quality digital transfer in the form of mp3s for the masses?

Naturally! I'll do that when I get home from work... I picked it up from the PO at lunch cuz I couldn't wait until after work to get it. Could only play a few tracks before my lunch started bordering the 2 hour mark... not a good look on the first day back from a long vacation!

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I d/l'd it in the auction thread...been playing it ever since (along with that nasciemento and some others I'd never heard of). I'll stick with the free stolen mp3 rather than a thousand dollars for the wax...

whoever upped it: thanks! I'll get you a.. um...

I got nothing for you man, just thanks.

Ooooh... sooooo nice! Not a mark on it. Phew b/w Thanks Lambert!

http://www.divshare.com/download/6252530-809

Enjoy