Arthur Verocai S/T Appreciation

124»

Comments

• i feel like a huge hater saying this... but 9th wonder sucks at making beats. His style is so underwhelming... and I always feel like the timing is off on his beats. I feel like he's just mad lazy.

Thanks for the rip. I've had the reish for a while so I'll check this one out.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    This rip sounds amazing. Thank you!

Finally got around to downloading this (upgrading the reish-mp3s to a rip of the OG...).

"Presente Grego" kills me, like a slow explosion in my pants (Andy Samberg-R), a fountain of sound.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    bump and thanx

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

verocai #2 found within a month....what's next?

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Found for cheap or did you pay the going rate?

It doesn't matter either way, but I'm curious.

Nice find.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    a dosage of hip hop beats that sample arthur verocai

critique them, soulstrut

• Underwhelming flips, all of them.

• magpiemagpie 160 Posts

nice to see this finally drop...whats it been 5 years...

• a dosage of hip hop beats that sample arthur verocai
    critique them, soulstrut

I dislike all of them to be honest. None of them brings anything new to the original work of Verocai, just looping different parts that I don't feel works that well as beat. All of them lacks creativity.

• most of em are wack... but no boca do sol is just a hot loop, and so is the 9th wonder minstrel show loop. the rest are just wack

• verocai #2 found within a month....what's next?

please to move thumb out of the way to see label name...

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

my #1 want for the past few years. fitting that ferrari and i both get it within a couple weeks of each other. paid a very fair price for it.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    anyone interested in redoing the do? Missed out on this the first time around, and none of the previous links from this thread seem to be working.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Con muchas gracias se??or.

• I had listened to a rip of the reissue of this and didn't quite get the hype... But after this hearing this i'm now under the spell too. thanks for posting it.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I had listened to a rip of the reissue of this and didn't quite get the hype... But after this hearing this i'm now under the spell too. thanks for posting it.

Eh, there are much better Brazilian rarities

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    there lies the rub...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    If you don't like VEROCAI you are deaf and don't know tha real

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    The low end is lacking; it sounds white. I'll take 1986 Jorge Ben over this.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

my #1 want for the past few years. fitting that ferrari and i both get it within a couple weeks of each other. paid a very fair price for it.

DUDE!! YES!!

Congrats man... I am super stoked for you cuz I know you wanted it as bad as I did. I hope you paid less than I did

• This record is too good..Muito obrigado Ferrari

• i saw a japanese dealer with a OG copy in VG+ condition recently who was asking for 40,000 yen for it ($450), i should have taken it off him in hindsight, the reissue's sound quality is poor in comparison. Congratulations Maru on finding your OG copy- enjoy it! and thankyou ferrari for sharing your rip of the OG- much appreciated!

• yeah this is really amazing and beautiful & slightly druggy album. reminds me a bit of nascimento's early records or the lo borges/clube de esquina lps...except jazzier than i thought it'd be...and congrats to both of you for finding copies, i'm jealous.

thanks for sharing...

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Thanks to all for reminding me what an astonishing record this is. I've always felt that this is one of those true gems I may have gone years without discovering were it not for this place.

Also, and I dunno if anyone else has ever pointed this out, despite that Sergio record being something of a running joke on here, there's actually a more-than-decent modern soul/boogie cut on it that's definitely worth the dollar it'll cost you.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Btw, thanks for the rip Ferrari

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    couldn't wait for it to show up in that SS 100 countdown

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    I have a copy that doesn't skip if you need a rip of it.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    can I get a reup of this famous OG rip?

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    can I get a reup of this famous OG rip?