Are we as nerdy as gamers?

LooksLikeSinbadLooksLikeSinbad 187 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
No, but I saw this image and caption:

YahooNews Caption:
At 12:30 a.m., game enthusiasts play an older XBox game, powered by a generator, Tuesday, Nov. 22, 2005, in front of a Target store in Columbus, Ohio, as they wait for the 8 a.m. release of the new Microsoft XBox 360 at the store. From left are Larry Freshour, 19; Alex Malone, 20, front; Kyle Heiberger, 24, who was the first in line at 7:30 p.m.; Joseph Bowen, 21, standing; Nick Merrick, 24; Kevin Romer, 21; Brandon Westfall, 21; and Marc Dizard, 21. (AP Photo/Kiichiro Sato)

And was thinking:
At 12:30 a.m., record[/b] enthusiasts play raer records, powered by a battery-operated turntable, Tuesday, Nov. 22, 2005, in front of The Sound Library in New York, NY, as they wait for the 8 a.m. release of the sealed Skull Snaps original lps recently unearthed from a warehouse. From left are (insert soulstrut usernames here). (AP Photo/Kiichiro Sato)

Comments

• yes, but I saw this image and caption

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    who's this "we" you speak of?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    more

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Oh yes...

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I saw this image and caption:

YahooNews Caption:
    At 12:30 a.m., game enthusiasts play an older XBox game, powered by a generator, Tuesday, Nov. 22, 2005, in front of a Target store in Columbus, Ohio, as they wait for the 8 a.m. release of the new Microsoft XBox 360 at the store. From left are Larry Freshour, 19; Alex Malone, 20, front; Kyle Heiberger, 24, who was the first in line at 7:30 p.m.; Joseph Bowen, 21, standing; Nick Merrick, 24; Kevin Romer, 21; Brandon Westfall, 21; and Marc Dizard, 21. (AP Photo/Kiichiro Sato)

And was thinking:
    At 12:30 a.m., record[/b] enthusiasts play raer records, powered by a battery-operated turntable, Sunday, Nov. 20, 2005, in front of Academy Records in Brooklyn, NY,[/b] as they wait for the 2pm. awakening of the moody sales clerk recently unearthed from a hipster convention. From left are Raj, Otis_Funkmeyer, BigSpliff. Delay was trying on sneakers next door. He's not a collectro. (AP Photo/Kiichiro Sato)

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Are we as nerdy as gamers?

• Yes, we are as nerdy, but more of us have girlfriends and wives.

Bingo!

• I saw this image and caption:

YahooNews Caption:

And was thinking:
    At 12:30 a.m., record[/b] enthusiasts play raer records, powered by a battery-operated turntable, Sunday, Nov. 20, 2005, in front of Academy Records in Brooklyn, NY,[/b] as they wait for the 2pm. awakening of the moody sales clerk recently unearthed from a hipster convention. From left are Raj, Otis_Funkmeyer, BigSpliff. Delay was trying on sneakers next door. He's not a collectro. (AP Photo/Kiichiro Sato)

best quote EVAR![/b]

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    This week on The O.C.:

"I know, he told me he was going to stand in line, in the freezing cold and wait for a record. Can you believe that???"

Next Week on The O.C.:

"So you left the charity even early to take a nap and get up at 4am to go wait for a stupid record? What is up with that???"

"Yeah, you nerd!!!!"

...tune in for next week's thrilling conclusion!

the only thing I take comfort in is that some of you dorks play video games AND collect records.

LOSERS!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    This week on The O.C.:

"I know, he told me he was going to stand in line, in the freezing cold and wait for a record. Can you believe that???"

Next Week on The O.C.:

"What is up with that??? You left the charity even early to take a nap and get up at 4am to go wait for a stupid record"

"Yeah, you nerd!!!!"

...tune in for next week's thrilling conclusion!

• the only thing I take comfort in is that some of you dorks play video games AND collect records.

LOSERS!

Who are you referring to as "you", buddy???? Hmmmmm????

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    THASSSSS RIIIIGHT

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Yes, we are as nerdy, but more of us have girlfriends and wives.

and some of us have even have boyfriends or husbands

the only thing I take comfort in is that some of you dorks play video games AND collect records.

LOSERS!

If that sentance makes you nervous then it might already be too late.

• the only thing I take comfort in is that some of you dorks play video games AND collect records.

LOSERS!

Alls I'm saying is physician heal thyself.....

I am sorry. Women who collect records are not nerdy so you did not need to be included in that statement.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Yes, we are as nerdy, but more of us have girlfriends and wives.

I am sorry. Women who collect records are not nerdy so you did not need to be included in that statement.

LOSERS!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    You dudes that collect high school band records, Italian soundtracks and "breakz" are considerably worse than gamers.

LOSERS!

OOOOOHHHHH!???!? Get your name out of my mouth, or whatever it is you kids say!!!!

LOSERS!

OOOOOHHHHH!???!? Get your name out of my mouth, or whatever it is you kids say!!!!

take my mouth off?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    That guy that was asking for turin italy shops should have immediately been paged to identify and locate Andrea...

Mesg board posting units we are as nerdy. although inside jokes about great record producers or musicians look more acceptable than game designer name dropping.

however compared to record fairs their fairs are way cooler..

LOSERS!

take my mouth off?

I dunno...I'm lost....

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    however compared to record fairs their fairs are way cooler..
    seriously.

kinda.

• Probably worse...gaming is at least somewhat similar to a sport...

• I hear some ppl on this board are not only record & gaming addicts....
    they also collect Comics..

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I know this guy who makes real money selling swords, power ups, n shit to online gamers. I couldn't believe it, took me a while to realise these were NOT plastic lightsabres, but "virtual" weapons he had cracked and was selling to gamers for $10 and up. That's like buying certain records just so people on Soulstrut will PM you.

That's like buying certain records just so people on Soulstrut will PM you.

You mean you don't consider that when purchasing???