WE’VE ONLY JUST BEGUN

2»

Comments

• Charles Earland

Dionne Warwick

Temprees

Curtis Mayfield

• clarence wheeler has a real dope version.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

I have the Billy Wooten.

That version is one of my favorites too. Wish I could help you Phill, but most of the one's I know of have been mentioned. I'm not at home though so there might be some oddball one's I can dig up later.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    My 2 favorite versions, and definately worth checking out are the one on Billy Wooten's Wooden Glass Live record on Interim and the version that Port Authority did.

Yo Phill,

If you want I can upload these 2 for you, both @ 320K; although the Port Authority's is a vocal version.

Peace

I have the Billy Wooten. What album is the Port Authority version on?

I don't know what album it is on; I have it on a comp.
    Yeah, I know I'm a little dude!

Peace

• I have the Billy Wooten.

Naw, I'm not even gonna front... I got plenty of raers but that one I just have on MP3. I don't really like the album enough to pay $$$$ for it. That's throwback jersey money, mane!

• i say cunimondo's is the best i've ever heard. on the echoes lp. he actually has another version i think with vocals on feeling good with lynn marino. never heard it though.

• Phil, here's a track I did with the Clarence Wheeler version:

http://www.rapitalism.com/realaudio/newgrowth.ram

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    trust noone.

Is there somebody named Noone who you go to for English help?

I know B>I/B> do.

hey is that you rapping too ?

• yep

Hey, man... that's "real schitt". That CAN'T be you, can it?

Hey, man... that's "real schitt". That CAN'T be you, can it?

you might see me in the streets, but shawtie

You don't know me...

• That's some good schitt, hommie. You need to stop playin' and come back over to the real side, young skywalker! May the real schitt be with you.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    frank cunimondos version off Echoes is essential. the one on ft. lynn marino is excellent too

• frank cunimondos version off Echoes is essential. the one on ft. lynn marino is excellent too

i like the marino better, but they're both great

• I ain't really feelin' the Marino all that much, but I need that Echoes jawn. If anybody can throw up a MP3 I'd appreciate.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Johnny you got a mp3 version of that? I can't handle the rams.

• A lot of folks think this particular lyric is not appropriate for what might be considered underground... but I think underground is whatever your mood or your feelings might be at the time, so long as it's the truth"[/i]. HOW YOU NOT GON' LUH THAT?
    Ohhhh CURTIS killed that version... I actually collect the Only Just Begun covers and Walk On By's, & Ain't no sunshine'sI will have to get back at you.. Didn't you play that Odell on your CD.... Nicetro! Well Back to training my Shaolin Brother!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    A lot of folks think this particular lyric is not appropriate for what might be considered underground... but I think underground is whatever your mood or your feelings might be at the time, so long as it's the truth"[/i]. HOW YOU NOT GON' LUH THAT?

Ohhhh CURTIS killed that version... I actually collect the Only Just Begun covers and Walk On By's, & Ain't no sunshine'sI will have to get back at you.. Didn't you play that Odell on your CD.... Nicetro! Well Back to training my Shaolin Brother!
    hi Ir*nf**t

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    did anybody say Reuben Wilson? He covers that tune on the cisco kid.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    carpenters have to be the makers of the saddest music of all pop groups of all time(not in a bad way)

• Also check out Bobby Womack's (from Home is Where the Heart Is).

• carpenters have to be the makers of the saddest music of all pop groups of all time(not in a bad way)

"Hangin' arouuuund / Nothin' to do but frowwwwwn / Rainy days and Mondays always get me-ee down..." Ma shoulda had a meal, it might've made her feel a little better (I know, I know... I ain't right, but you know it's true). I loveded the Carpenters though.

• Jonny Paycheck is a legend here in the Bay Area.....a dope, dope producer.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    charlie ace - country boy uses the riddim for we've only just begun...

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Funny you should bring up this song, Phill. My mom and I were discussing this particular song in relation to Harold Bloom's Anxiety of Influence. a theory that basically says every writer -- or in this case, composer -- has to beat up their daddy before they can be The_Man. I argued that Mayfield's version was superior to the Carpenter's version because he reworks the song as a song of hope instead of just another love song.

Therefore, I don't fuck with any other version.

• Jonny Paycheck is a legend here in the Bay Area.....a dope, dope producer.

Oh, I know more about JP than he thinks I know... we go waaaay back. I'm just trying to get him to see the light, that's all. Renounce that other schitt and come back to the REAL SCHITT, JonnyPaycheck! It's still somewhere inside you, softly weeping in the polluted darkness like a plant that needs water and sunlight.