WE’VE ONLY JUST BEGUN

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited November 2005 in Music Talk
I need an ill version of the Carpenter's 70's hit "We've Only Just Begun". Jazz or soul instrumental preferred (not the O'Donel Levy version though), but any suggestions are appreciated. I like the "Curtis Live!" version a lot... "A lot of folks think this particular lyric is not appropriate for what might be considered underground... but I think underground is whatever your mood or your feelings might be at the time, so long as it's the truth". HOW YOU NOT GON' LUH THAT?

Comments

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    I need an ill version of the Carpenter's 70's hit "We've Only Just Begun". Jazz or soul instrumental preferred (not the O'Donel Levy version though), but any suggestions are appreciated.
    I like the "Curtis Live!" version a lot... "A lot of folks think this particular lyric is not appropriate for what might be considered underground... but I think underground is whatever your mood or your feelings might be at the time, so long as it's the truth". HOW YOU NOT GON' LUH THAT?

grant green dude.

• grant green dude.

Good start. More plaese.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts

too late

• Monty Alexander

Frank Cunimondo

Charles Earland

Art Farmer

Vince Guaraldi

Dionne Warwick

Reuben Wilson

Phil Woods

Young Holt

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    I need an ill version of the Carpenter's 70's hit "We've Only Just Begun". Jazz or soul instrumental preferred (not the O'Donel Levy version though), but any suggestions are appreciated.
    I like the "Curtis Live!" version a lot... "A lot of folks think this particular lyric is not appropriate for what might be considered underground... but I think underground is whatever your mood or your feelings might be at the time, so long as it's the truth". HOW YOU NOT GON' LUH THAT?

Didn't Al Green do a version of it?

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• jgissjgiss 42 Posts

Young-Holt Unlimited on "Born Again"

• djrdjr 511 Posts

Now I got that Carpenters tune in my head...........

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Didn't Al Green do a version of it?

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I know of a version he did where it's a medley with Let's Stay Together.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Frank Cunimondo Trio

Is a fav

• My 2 favorite versions, and definately worth checking out are the one on Billy Wooten's Wooden Glass Live record on Interim and the version that Port Authority did.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Ramsey Lewis

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I'm pretty sure John Holt has done a version

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    Jason & Wilson - ill private version. And I just happen to have an extra copy!!

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Ramsey Lewis

YES! This is my favorite version... Shit is ill (hard ass piano cords and soft hits every now and then).... Damn, can't go wrong... Let me know if you need me to upload this for ya'll.....

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

Now I got that Carpenters tune in my head...........

hahahaha! same here. and to make things worse:

we've only just begun to live
    white lace and promises
    a kiss for luck and we're on our way
    and yes, we've just begun

before the rising sun we fly
    so many roads to choose
    we start our walking and learn to run

sharing horizons that are new to us
    watching the signs along the way
    talking it over just the two of us
    working together day to day
    together

and when the evening comes we smile
    so much of life ahead
    we'll find a place where there's room to grow

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    Lee MacDonald off that 'Sweet Magic' LP, Soulbrother in the UK reissued.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    In reality tho.. Is not the best version of this track sung by this man...

You should all try to find your happy place...

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

we've only just begun to live
    white lace and promises
    a kiss for luck and we're on our way

before the rising sun we fly
    so many roads to choose
    we start our walking and learn to run

sharing horizons that are new to us
    watching the signs along the way
    talking it over just the two of us
    working together day to day
    together

and when the evening comes we smile
    so much of life ahead
    we'll find a place where there's room to grow

No doubt, an ode to early anorexy by Karen Carpenter.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    You are a cool dude but you need to use a US dictionary or www.m-w.com

lol

ANOREXIA

• Singers Unlimited

opposite of instrumental but still pretty lush...:)

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Billy Eckstine has one

• We need to come up with a rating system for J.LO's (a moniker he bestowed upon himself) wisecracks. Sometimes his remarks are on point and hilarous, other times they are tired and trite.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    You are a cool dude but you need to use a US dictionary or www.m-w.com

lol

ANOREXIA

Wait, that was too easy. In spanish, it is "anorexia" too! I googled "anorexy" before posting and came up with results. Fuck a google, trust noone.

• You are a cool dude but you need to use a US dictionary or www.m-w.com

lol

ANOREXIA

Wait, that was too easy. In spanish, it is "anorexia" too! I googled "anorexy" before posting and came up with results. Fuck a google, trust noone.

Dude your crack about anorexia was "too easy". I saw that coming from a mile away...I expect some a little more clever from you.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

Dude your crack about anorexia was "too easy". I saw that coming from a mile away...I expect some a little more clever from you.

like that monkey taxidermy shot. that was fucking hilarious! i still get a big laugh outta that one.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

I know, sometimes is hard to meet my fans high expectations. I'm a star, but I'm also a human being, with my ups and downs, just like everybody else. It's lonely up here.

And now, let's give this thread back to Phill...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    trust noone.

Is there somebody named Noone who you go to for English help?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    trust noone.

Is there somebody named Noone who you go to for English help?

Now, THAT's a bad joke right there! And you call yourself a moderator...Pffffffff

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    My 2 favorite versions, and definately worth checking out are the one on Billy Wooten's Wooden Glass Live record on Interim and the version that Port Authority did.

Yo Phill,

If you want I can upload these 2 for you, both @ 320K; although the Port Authority's is a vocal version.

Peace

• My 2 favorite versions, and definately worth checking out are the one on Billy Wooten's Wooden Glass Live record on Interim and the version that Port Authority did.

Yo Phill,

If you want I can upload these 2 for you, both @ 320K; although the Port Authority's is a vocal version.

Peace

I have the Billy Wooten. What album is the Port Authority version on?