THE APT NOISE COMPLAINT DESK

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited April 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)
I'M PISSED, HENCE ALL CAPS. Dude Downstairs Was Whining About "THE NOISE" Because It Is "10 PM" And It Was "Quite Loud". Does Anyone Have Whiny Bitches Living Downstairs/Upstairs From Them? This Bitch Has Called Me AT LIKE 5 PM ON A SATURDAY CUZ OF "THE NOISE." I'VE Played BEATLES MUSIC HELLA LOUD AND HE DOESN'T DO SHIT. ONLY WHEN I PLAY EITHER R&B OR FUNKY WEIRD SHIT WILL HE CALL AND SAY TURN IT DOWN. Meanwhile, This Fucking Tool Screams At His Computer Malfunctioning At A Level Where I Can Hear Him Acting a fool from upstairs AND I'VE HEARD HIM PLAY IT'S RAINING MEN ON REPEAT 5 TIMES DOWNSTAIRS!!!!!!!! FUCKING DICK, IF HE WANTS PINDROP QUIET, MOVE OUT OF A FUCKING SPLIT LEVEL APT SPACE! MY STEREO WASN'T EVEN AT 1/3 IT'S VOLUME LEVEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]I'M PISSED, LET'S HEAR SOME FUCKIN' STORIES!I NEED TO SHARE IN SOME RAGE![/rant]

Comments

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    Man, I have a full on metal band that plays on top of me. I never ever say shit.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I'm on the other end. I live in a house that's been expanded a million times and is now six seperate units. It's currently undergoing renovations, which wouldn't bother me, except that they often work until 9 or 10 PM. Trying to unwind at night while someone's using a circular saw directly below you is impossible.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Noisy neighbors are annoying as fuck.

Buy some headphones.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    He claims I was being noisy, I had my stereo to less than 1/3 its volume level. He only complains when it's R&B, hip hop, or funky weird shit. Never other shit. Fuckin bitch, I could understand it if it was loud, but there was no way it was "quite loud."
    Fucking bitches.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Noisy neighbors are annoying as fuck. Buy some headphones.

I live in a house and I hate waking up to daddy yankee gasoline crap... I hate that boom boom bap every song same beat crap... I feel you Non though, if its not too late, it should be alright... part of the reason is that there is a number to call, dude would probably not have the heart to knock on your door.

I was tempted to call him back. He hung up before I even got out my "I'm sorry". Dude is just a dick and "un-neighborly" in general. I still might call him back tomorrow and I'mma definitely call him back when he has a swearing fit and say to him "Can you keep the swearing down plaese? You're planting weeds in my private mind garden.."

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I can see both sides. After 10pm some people have to get to bed man! Plus, it may not be your fault but some places are just built crappy and you can here everything. If you can hear him yelling, then he can hear the stereo even if your not blasting. Not everyone can afford a house with no neighbors so us po folk have to work together a little. Having said that I totally hear the "only complains when it's music they don't like" people. That's always annoying. Just don't get into a fued or it will make you crazy, been there done that! I think you have a good idea calling him next time he's yelling at the computer, hopefully it will make a point even if it's wasted.

Thanks you guys, both of the tactics of response have calmed me down and made me laugh.
    Peace yall
    T.N.

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts

• bubor0ckbubor0ck 141 Posts
    i had this in mind when scouting houses/apts for this year cause last year i had som e neighbors with a psychotic dog who would be barking non stop starting like 7am EVERY DAY...i used to bang on the cieling with a broom but only got a response half the time.....my new place is 1 of 3 row houses that are attached. it is old as fuck and the middle of the 3 is straight gutted/abandoned...not even a staircase ....house of cards style, a little bit shady, but makes for a good buffer.

my next door neighbors have been chill. he is super weasel-like and i always see him doin some odd jobs around the city. i also see him and his wife regularly power-walking back from little ceasers with a $5 pizza, eyes on the prize. they both look like theyve had a weathered past most likely involving crack rocks. he lays salt down on my steps when it snows though and mows/fertilizes the joint backyard regularly, a good neighbor. but yeah, thin walls/ceilings/floors are something to look outfor when making moves.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    DUDE, i completely feel your pain. my new spot is next to this bitchy old hag that basicly just hates rap music. Shes like "i have no problem with music, but this is not music, dont try to tell me this is music, i know what music is, I have a keyboard and im not going BOOM BOOM BOOM!!! knocking on my door and shit all the time. Ive been doing most of my work in the studio because of it.

There needs to be housing built specifically for people who dont give a fuck about noise but like to bump shit all night at insane volumes..........................other than dorm rooms that is.

• Options
    I hope my future neighbors enjoy a nice gongswat at 5:30AM when I wake up and announce myself.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    I hope my future neighbors enjoy a nice gongswat at 5:30AM when I wake up and announce myself.

Thats funny as hell... announce yourself, BONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    There needs to be housing built specifically for people who dont give a fuck about noise but like to bump shit all night at insane volumes..........................other than dorm rooms that is.

That's where I live where I live, which is what the realtors call e. williamsburg and what is really called bushwick. There may be an insane amount of annoying rockstar bubblegum/deathmeatal/glam hipsters around me, but I have a loft and can play music as loud as I wasnt whenever. Of course I have to put up with the meatal band above me. Find yourself an outpost of gentrification, and you'll be good. Of course, I'm moving in 2 months because I hate it here.

• unkarufusunkarufus 104 Posts
    I have a friend whose downstairs neighbor would always bitch about the noise.
    Admittedly, my buddy would be bumping shit and working on beats super late
    until the sun came up. Imagine hearing the same fuckin' beat over and over again.
    That downstairs neighbor always complained so my buddy decided to mess with dude
    even more.

My buddy was going out of town for a week so what does he do? He puts in a beat cd
    in his boombox and leaves one track on repeat at full volume to play for the whole
    week that he is gone.

The downstair neighbor NEVER complained after that. Poor guy.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

man, i used to live in this house converted into 3 apartments, and this crazy bitch lived downstairs from me. she was always vacuuming at 1 in the morning and shit like that. i was usually up, so it didn't really bother me. this other time her boyfriend noisily fucked the shit out of her and then she started crying really hard. anyways, she was not quiet.

so when i get up in the morning, i always throw a jam on to the turntable to get myself going. i don't turn it up loud, just not all that quiet. and when i say "morning" i mean like 9 or 10, not ass early or anything (i was a student at the time). so this girl comes knocking on my door to tell me to turn it down. so i'm like, ok, no problem, so i knock it down a notch. then a couple of weeks later i come home with a note on my door complaining how i had the music up too loud at 10 pm the previous night, and it had some bullshit on it about it being a community and calling the cops and bullshit whatnot. the note was unsigned, but it was pretty clear who it was. same handwriting as some other bullshit note that was on the dryer one day cause somebody left their clothes in there for 10 minutes. so i go downstairs to give her my phone number, and if there's a problem to just call me, no need to call the cops. then she tells me she didn't leave the note. what a fucking liar. i was like "ok, well, if you hear of anyone that's got problems with me then give me a call". and she was like, "i didn't leave the note". crazy fucking bitch. i was glad when she moved out. bullshit neighbors suck.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    word neighbours are the fuckin pits.

the old place i lived these dudes would literally cook bacon and egss for every single meal and chain smoke like mother fuckers.. neeedless to say the whole place smellled like ASS.. then they'd throw there nasty garbage out and it would get tore the fuck up by raccons like EVERYTIME... freaking bones all over the yard and shit.. my wife and myself are vegetarians so it was pretty fuckin obvious who's responsibility that was.

anyhow these dudes were so collosally out of it that one point last summer the whole place just startted to freakin REEK... i was like man WTF... so i went down and asked the homey who lived downstairs (the 3 dudes who lived downstairs shared a communal kitchen.. and the 3rd guy lived in the basement which was also the laundry room) what that smell was... he's like "oh yeah its pretty bad so i just closed my vent and lit some insence..noticed it a couple days ago"... anyhow stench got worse and worse.. and it was pretty apparent to me that it was most likely a dead animal under the front porch as the stench was INSANE right there... so i call the landlords to complain... DAYS go by... finally one day im on the back deck and here goddawful screaming ... turns out the landlords had just broke into dudes basement appartment to find surprise surprise homey had been dead for a few fucking WEEKS!!!!!!!

let me tell you this was not a pleasant moment (the door opening)... we high tailed it outta there ASAP.

so yeah neighbors are the worst.. this doumbass shared a kitched with homey and never noticed that he just dissapeared??? and dude was literally rotting right bellow him and he just lit some incense?????

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    nasty! GAMEOVER!

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    It could be worse...

I complained to my landlord about the power surges we've been having in our brownstone the last few weeks. He consulted an electrician who said it will cost $5,000 to fix, after they get a permit from the city and have ConEd turn off the power, which should take a month. Until then...

THE HOUSE COULD BURN DOWN ANY SECOND.

The landlord's parting tips last night:

1. "Do you have anywhere you can stay... just in case?"
    2. "Don't use your toaster, coffee pot, hair dryer, or anything else that might cause a draw.
    3. "If you touch a wall socket and it's hot, call the fire department immediately!"
    4. "There's really nothing to worry about."

Signed,
    Sleeping light in Brooklyn (with 2,000 raers in flight cases - ready for anything)

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

The landlord's parting tips last night:

1. "Do you have anywhere you can stay... just in case?"
    2. "Don't use your toaster, coffee pot, hair dryer, or anything else that might cause a draw.
    3. "If you touch a wall socket and it's hot, call the fire department immediately!"
    4. "There's really nothing to worry about."

It's nice to know that landlords are universal.

Actually I should take that back, the one I have now has a good maintenance crew. The guy actually called _me_ the other day and he didn't even get my # from me.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I live above an opera singer. That shit's LOUD. Beautiful, but loud. I can't front on someone practicing, though. That's good energy.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    My neighbor's kids play basketball. Indoors. Against our adjoining wall. Whilst i'm sleeping.

One day I smacked the wall a little too hard and put my hand through the drywall.

Thankfully the landlord is getting them kicked out in a couple of months.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    that was almost me a year ago. fuck the bullshit, move the fuck out. I still have nightmares about the fire and mcgriddle.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    better than the cops comin to your house to tell you to turn it down like they did here yesterday.

• I have a friend whose downstairs neighbor would always bitch about the noise.
    Admittedly, my buddy would be bumping shit and working on beats super late
    until the sun came up. Imagine hearing the same fuckin' beat over and over again.
    That downstairs neighbor always complained so my buddy decided to mess with dude
    even more.

My buddy was going out of town for a week so what does he do? He puts in a beat cd
    in his boombox and leaves one track on repeat at full volume to play for the whole
    week that he is gone.

The downstair neighbor NEVER complained after that. Poor guy.

Damn dude..... thats funny and f'ed up at the same time.. your boy must have balls of steel. If that was me.. I probably would have broken the fucking door down and taken a baseball bat to dudes boombox... don't test me.

but it wasn't me so its funny as hell.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts

THE SWEENSTER HAS AWOKEN!!!!!!!, BONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    If you can hear him yelling, then he can hear the stereo even if your not blasting.
    If you can hear him yelling, then he can hear the stereo even if your not blasting.

Co-sign! Man, just try getting some of my old roommates to understand that.

• DIGGADIGGADIGGADIGGA 456 Posts
    NOTHING BEATS CAR ALARMS THAT SOUND LIKE THEY ARE ABOUT TO SELF DESTRUCT

• I always get fucked by wierd neighbors... I'm in Japan now, and the walls here are all thin as fuck... Anyhow, its a two story apartment, and I had my turntables and shit in the kitchen, because the bedroom and living room are on the second floor... Figured I wouldnt bother my neighbors... Than, an old man moves in next to me... While hes a nice guy, he lives completely on the ground floor, and sleeps in the kitchen.

The apartment I was in in America... I had this old woman below me... Same deal, she slept in the living room, and used her bedroom to store garbage or some shit. Anyhow, she would often complain or call the cops. Fuck that shit, sleep in the damn bedroom if hearing someone living in their living room pisses you off.

So, the last time it happened before I moved out... CHilling with a few friends afterwork... Listening to some jazz records... quiet enough that we could talk, and we were still talking in hushed voices... Had two friends over... Smoking dope... getting blazed... then...

knock... knock...

Three cops at my door. I have no idea how they didn't smell it, but I explained to them that there was no party... that I had just got off work. I think they were understanding, because they could hear no noise outisde of the apartment. Anyhow... It was a close call.

Peace...
    Mimizu