Which strutter has the worst name?

2»

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

I guess I'm not a "real head"???

You're named after St Joseph's Oratory?

its the choir man, musical bootcamp with russian gym coach results.

• I am hip. Dude doesn't have any stories aside from synopsis within Vonnegut novels, but the synopsis are ill.

Well, there was Venus on the Half-Shell by Kilgore Trout, which I thought I had somewhere around here in paperback but now can???t seem to find in the mess that is my office/studio. You're right though, the synopses are great! I love when authors include the ideas of other books within their books - you almost always want to read what they are refering to because it sounds so cool.

And keeping on the literary nerd tip:

Is goatboy another bad name, or are you making a Barth reference?

goatboy may or may not qualify as a bad name, but you are correct as to part of the reason behind the name. I???ve had Barth???s book on my shelf for years although I still haven???t gotten around to reading it. My ex-wife picked it up one time and looked through it and shook her head in confusion wondering why someone would want to read anything so dense (remember I said EX-wife ??? this might have been the beginning of the end ??? who knows). Anyway, at the time I was also in graduate school for Anthropology and was teaching undergraduates. Every time I talked about Anthropology she got the same look on her face as she did when she saw the Barth book.

So one night she has this dream that I am teaching in front of this large class of people, and it???s this totally academic shit, and I???m me but I am also this goat in a tweed coat with gray hair and spectacles. She told me about the dream the next day and I guess the image stuck, with her calling me goatboy, and us referring to certain types of books as goat books, etc.

I suppose I could have used my Ebay handle which I got from Pynchon ??? Dr. Hilarious.

• I have a thing with Burroughs over mediocre beats called "Spare Ass Annie". I'd rather hear him accapella.

I love this record... Actually... I've never seen it on "record". But "Spare Ass Annie" has a dope beat! Who was that again... Michael Franti? If I had that on vinyl, I'd rock that shit out all the time.

Oh, and I've outgrown my name... It's a pun, and I don't find it a bit funny anymore.

Dr_Benway would be a dope name...

Peace...
    FNM

• [quote
    I love this record... Actually... I've never seen it on "record". But Spare Ass Annie has a dope beat! Who was that again... Michael Franti? If I had that on vinyl, I'd rock that shit out all the time.
    Just found this on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/William-Burroughs-Spare-A-Annie-LP-Lim-d-RARE-1993_W0QQitemZ4797333132QQcategoryZ306QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem